November 19, 2017, 08:20:52 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402637 times)

Offline aklimkewicz

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2015, 11:18:17 AM »
I'm hungry.

I just finished lunch.
Dropbox is the BEST way to coordinate files between home and school. Click here to get it --> https://db.tt/JSMXsrdm

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2015, 11:22:38 AM »
I'm hungry.

I just finished lunch.

I have another 40minutes... I think I might sneak out after to the Pho place down the road... it is Friday after all.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2015, 11:26:31 AM »
I have also joined the vacation countdown club. I never used to. I have always liked vacation but of late I have started to see it as a necessity. I need it to recharge.

I don't know why but recently I have decided that Korea would be a very nice place if they just turned the volume down a bit. I mean for everything. Music, conversations, children, dogs and ringtones all seem unnecessarily loud.

Are Koreans naturally hard of hearing? Do they find loud noises comforting?

Yesterday I was woken up before my 6am alarm by super loud rock music that was literally shaking my room. It might have been from the window of the building next to mine, or below me. Either way I was not impressed.

I totally agree with your post.

Offline VanessaR

• Adventurer
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2015, 11:33:35 AM »
My pointless contribution.

I got an overly expensive leg wax in Jinju and the table I was lying on was heated. This made me unnecessarily excited and then I got too relaxed. I just wanted a post-wax nap, but that would have been weird.

Offline jomi

• Veteran
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2015, 11:46:29 AM »
I am so tired all the time lately.

Offline Dixie Wolf

• Adventurer
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »
My pointless contribution.

I got an overly expensive leg wax in Jinju and the table I was lying on was heated. This made me unnecessarily excited and then I got too relaxed. I just wanted a post-wax nap, but that would have been weird.

Waxing here is criminally expensive.

Offline midori951

• Veteran
  • Bang Bang!
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2015, 11:56:20 AM »
not looking forward to summer camps. I am doing two in the same week. Finish one at a different school, rush back to my school and do another. The following week another camp at a different school. and then vacation.

after vacation. "tutoring" class all week for a few hours. I am not getting paid extra for these camps and have no motivation to put much effort. I just want my vacation already. feeling burnt out from this sem.   :sad:

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2015, 12:02:48 PM »
not looking forward to summer camps. I am doing two in the same week. Finish one at a different school, rush back to my school and do another. The following week another camp at a different school. and then vacation.

after vacation. "tutoring" class all week for a few hours. I am not getting paid extra for these camps and have no motivation to put much effort. I just want my vacation already. feeling burnt out from this sem.   :sad:

I'm in the midst of planning for 3 camps. They are going to have to be all different too. My two elementary schools are way different in level. Not to mention one of my schools told me my camp is with 40 students! Seriously wish I didnt have to come back from vaca...

Offline midori951

• Veteran
  • Bang Bang!
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2015, 12:16:02 PM »

I'm in the midst of planning for 3 camps. They are going to have to be all different too. My two elementary schools are way different in level. Not to mention one of my schools told me my camp is with 40 students! Seriously wish I didnt have to come back from vaca...

damn...

the first camp i have no idea the level, my school is okay, and the last school is very low.

First camp no idea how many students, my camp about 60.. 20 per period..and the last one i think is only a few i think. all of this before vaca, which is good i guess but im already tired from the sem.

Offline englishrose

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2015, 12:27:29 PM »
I'm hungry.

I just finished lunch.

I have another 40minutes... I think I might sneak out after to the Pho place down the road... it is Friday after all.

You have a Pho place down the road? I hate my school.

Offline Timo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2015, 12:28:35 PM »
I'm enjoying the Friday fun on Waygook with some iced tea. Too hot for Maxim today. #firstworldproblems

Some absolute gold coming our way surely, especially with that Seoul club banning foreigners and a surprise bump for the Haeundae Beach thread.

Offline VanessaR

• Adventurer
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2015, 12:31:54 PM »
Maybe the demand is low? It's almost double what I paid in NY, but I'm not in NY so that's kind of a moot point. I went to get a quote for laser hair removal but they didn't have lasers for brown skin, which is understandable here.

Waxing here is criminally expensive.
[/quote]

Online Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2015, 12:35:01 PM »
I'm missing the usual friday waygook fun because I have to teach make up classes that were cancelled due to mers  :rolleyes:

this takes my total number of classes this week up to 30

gin, i need gin

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2015, 12:42:50 PM »
I'm hungry.

I just finished lunch.

You have a Pho place down the road? I hate my school.

I do, I ate, it was delicious.

Offline orangeman

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2015, 12:49:54 PM »
Also, since this is pointless ramblings:

I have a facebook friend (who is really just an ex-co-worker, who would have been long forgotten if it wasn't for social media).  She's been pregnant for what feels like 2 years now.  I'm not just saying this as a joke.  I remember sitting on a beach on vacation in the summer of 2013 and first finding out about her pregnancy.  I found it odd that anyone would get her pregnant.  I looked, and apparently I'm not mixing things up.  She didn't already have that kid and is now having another one.  IT'S THE SAME ONE, as far as I can tell!  And she's been "just a few days away!" since about February, so even if I'm wrong your belly isn't giant and you don't pack a bag for the hospital starting in month 4 or 5.  She posts lots and I thought about blocking her, but I really want to see how this plays out.  She posts pics of her belly and the ultrasound and whatnot. She has looked ready to burst since Christmas.  Her close friends and family seem to be really supportive and excited on the messages.  Her bf/husband is has been putting together baby furniture and toys for over a year now. I just wonder if any of these people know how pregnancy works. 

I'm just really confused.  I've had several other friends who have tried to get pregnant, gotten pregnant, had the baby and are now sending that kid off to pre-school in the time this one lady has been carrying around her 'kid'.

So this friend is still posting pics of "ALMOST THERE!" so I decided to just look back a bit through her page, just to get a handle on the timeline here.  6 weeks ago she was "3 WEEKS AWAY!"

That's as far back as I went.  I have no idea what's happening.  But her newest pic is of her husband finally finishing the crib.  So it's not like she's alone and making this all up.  I.....don't understand. 

Online jamienottingham

• Veteran
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2015, 01:02:14 PM »
Adoption? Coupled with pillows under the dress

Offline Hot6^

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2015, 01:28:48 PM »
Adoption? Coupled with pillows under the dress

This could very well be true.

Korean's heavily frown on adoption.

When I tell people I am adopted, they go into a state of absolute shock, as if the world is coming to and END!!!!

Then they say things like, your parents are your "real" parents and they still take care of you, paid for your college!?  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah.... it's really not that big of a deal, and I love my parents. My friend is Korean, and his sister is also Korean, and they were adopted.

WHAT? Yeah, adoption from Korea was popular for people abandoning their children in the 80s...

WHAT NO WAY KOREA GAVE IT"S CHILDREN AWAY!..... ETC.... comfort women something something.....

If I were a typical Korean couple having to adopt, I would even want my immediate family knowing.

Korean's are like Mormons.... deny it, and you just outcast yourself completely.
What you put into Korea, is what you will get out of Korea; it will not spoon feed you.

Offline jamonamagnet

• Expert Waygook
  • Don't put jam on a magnet.
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2015, 01:37:29 PM »
I'm missing the usual friday waygook fun because I have to teach make up classes that were cancelled due to mers  :rolleyes:

gin, i need gin
Yay! That's 8 classes over your regular 22, so 160000 won extra cash!  You can buy a lot of gin for that, especially if it's that ropey stuff with the white label for 7000 won.

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2015, 01:38:27 PM »
Just wasting time on YT, checking out some teacher videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNxaSct3UHs

Offline jamonamagnet

• Expert Waygook
  • Don't put jam on a magnet.
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »

gin, i need gin
Yay! That's 8 classes over your regular 22, so 160000 won extra cash!  You can buy a lot of gin for that, especially if it's that ropey stuff with the white label for 7000 won.

I'm sure there will be no overtime pay, they are makeup classes
Classic rookie mistake.

Over 22 hours = get paid more.  That's pretty much all there is to it.