October 19, 2017, 04:24:46 PM

Author Topic: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)  (Read 124833 times)

Offline Chivalry

• Explorer
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #520 on: March 24, 2017, 12:16:25 AM »
Does anyone know where to get the Level 5 certificates? I recently passed the test and have asked my teacher, but she is also unsure.

It is in the socinet site. Go to my page and it is next to 상태. There is a button 이수증. It only loads in IE of course.

Offline henshin

• Explorer
« Reply #521 on: March 24, 2017, 01:26:00 AM »
I have a question to those who have moved cities:

How do you update the information on your page so that you can choose a university in your new city? I can't seem to find an edit button anywhere.

Thanks~

after doing immigration and updating my residency at my local neighborhood office, my KIIP information auto-updated. i'm not sure which one made the difference

Just recently changed my address and city but the KIIP website is still listing my old immigration office. Really bummed because I wanted to pick up classes again.

Offline rowdes

• Veteran
« Reply #522 on: March 24, 2017, 10:50:16 AM »
It doesn't automatically change. You need to go into 'my page' and then click 'checking detailed user information' and update your address from there.

Offline macteacher

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #523 on: March 24, 2017, 12:16:53 PM »
Does anyone have any advice or resources for the Level 4 Final exam? Besdies that youtube video with vocab

you will see stuff from level 3 on there. for the oral exam they used a topic covered in level 3. so look it over.

i personally have trouble with picking out opposite words or similar words. so pay attention to that (ie multiple ways to say 'save' money, conservative vs liberal). also i'd read over the dialog practice sections and reading sections. they tend to take excerpts straight from there.

Offline cescudero95

• Veteran
« Reply #524 on: March 25, 2017, 12:42:33 PM »
Hey, I made an account and applied for the evaluation test.  It says:
' Evaluation status : Application
spot Receipt date :
spot Evaluation date : 2017.04.15 13:00
       (Enter until 12:30)
spot Evaluation location : Not decided'

Does anyone know if I need to select a location or am I waiting for them to process something?  Thanks.

Offline macteacher

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #525 on: March 26, 2017, 05:26:32 PM »
Hey, I made an account and applied for the evaluation test.  It says:
' Evaluation status : Application
spot Receipt date :
spot Evaluation date : 2017.04.15 13:00
       (Enter until 12:30)
spot Evaluation location : Not decided'

Does anyone know if I need to select a location or am I waiting for them to process something?  Thanks.

theyll have an assigned location that'll pop up a few days before the test (sometimes only one or two days before).itll be on a test ticket, that you will likely need explorer to view.

Offline twesthall

• Waygookin
« Reply #526 on: April 03, 2017, 11:14:00 AM »
Hello,

I started doing the KIIP class 2 years ago, but various reasons I stopped in the middle and never completed the class I was in. I decided to pick it up again, but I'm not sure what I have to do. Do I have to take the test again? I have the ability to sign up for "vicarious class application" and I chose HUFS. Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Vicarious class application Apply deputized class 
Vicarious class application organization 한국외국어대학교 다문화교육원 

Online robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #527 on: April 03, 2017, 11:55:19 AM »
Hello,

I started doing the KIIP class 2 years ago, but various reasons I stopped in the middle and never completed the class I was in. I decided to pick it up again, but I'm not sure what I have to do. Do I have to take the test again? I have the ability to sign up for "vicarious class application" and I chose HUFS. Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Vicarious class application Apply deputized class 
Vicarious class application organization 한국외국어대학교 다문화교육원

As I understand it you can defer a class for up to 6 months, anything longer and you can attend the level above the last one you last passed, or retake the level-test and see where they place you. I'm trying to get as high a level as possible outside of KIIP so I can be placed into level 5.

Offline propudge

• Waygookin
« Reply #528 on: April 03, 2017, 01:18:33 PM »
How do you sign up for their Korean classes? (Not KIIP program). The Website is in Korean and there is no English option that I can see.

Offline macteacher

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #529 on: April 03, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
How do you sign up for their Korean classes? (Not KIIP program). The Website is in Korean and there is no English option that I can see.

kiip is the Korean classes

Offline cescudero95

• Veteran
« Reply #530 on: April 12, 2017, 05:41:08 PM »
Hi,

So I got the location and time of my test now, posted as of yesterday on the site.  However, the Examination Ticket still doesn't load.  Was just wondering if that is normal.  Afaik I am supposed to bring that ticket printed out to the test.  Does it take time to generate?

Offline maxwelllisa

• Newgookin
« Reply #531 on: April 12, 2017, 06:47:55 PM »
I tried to apply for the pre-test, but it does not give me an option to make a selection on the application page, and therefore will not let me continue....its on the first page of the application. My only option to proceed is to select no I will not take a test and I will start at level 0....any ideas or solutions?

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #532 on: April 13, 2017, 11:15:06 AM »
if you guys are having problems you can phone your local immigration office. that's what i've done in the past.

since the program is run by immigration, they are obliged to help you. note: there's no guarantee anyone at your local immigration office will speak english, so maybe get a korean to call.

Offline damocha

• Adventurer
« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2017, 12:59:47 PM »
Hi,

So I got the location and time of my test now, posted as of yesterday on the site.  However, the Examination Ticket still doesn't load.  Was just wondering if that is normal.  Afaik I am supposed to bring that ticket printed out to the test.  Does it take time to generate?

It does take some time to generate, but it shouldn't be more than a minute. If it doesn't show after that, try opening the website in a different browser. Internet Explorer on a Windows machine is always the best option when it comes to anything Korean government related.

Good luck.

Offline cescudero95

• Veteran
« Reply #534 on: April 13, 2017, 07:13:12 PM »
Thanks damocha, that seems to have been the case.  There were a lot of active x addons to install using IE, but I got it working and printed.

Offline cescudero95

• Veteran
« Reply #535 on: April 21, 2017, 04:36:56 PM »
So I was assigned to Level 3, 중급1 (intermediate 1). 

When I go to the section to apply for classes, I only see weekday online classes.  I do have time open to select some of them, but should I wait for in person classes?  Do they become listed later?

If anyone has any insight on that let me know, thanks.

Offline rhchris1

• Veteran
« Reply #536 on: April 22, 2017, 12:47:46 AM »
So I was assigned to Level 3, 중급1 (intermediate 1). 

When I go to the section to apply for classes, I only see weekday online classes.  I do have time open to select some of them, but should I wait for in person classes?  Do they become listed later?

If anyone has any insight on that let me know, thanks.

You can register for the online class and then if a better in-person option appears later, you can drop the online class and switch. 

To answer your question, yes classes open sporadically it seems. 

Offline ryguy4

• Newgookin
« Reply #537 on: April 22, 2017, 06:06:50 PM »
Can I Use a tablet to participate in the online courses?

Offline DNogitsune

• Adventurer
« Reply #538 on: April 24, 2017, 11:45:23 AM »
Can I Use a tablet to participate in the online courses?

No. You would need an actual computer or laptop. You have to be hooked up to a LAN line for class. It is to avoid the delay that happens on wifi. Doesn't matter how fast your connection, there is going to be a delay. It would be good to have headphones or a mic set up also.

Offline rampowers

• Adventurer
« Reply #539 on: April 24, 2017, 01:33:28 PM »
As this is a gov't class the website is designed to work in IE so I'd say get a Windows machine. If your wifi is solid then not a problem (speedtest.net is your friend). When the class starts your computer will download the content the teacher has prepared and on a slow connection (ex: hotspot via phone's 3G with medium reception) then you'll hear audio but content won't load for quite awhile and you probably won't see images from webcams until after all content downloads.

If you are using a notebook with built in webcam that is fine for video. I had earbuds and a desktop mic but the teacher pushed me to get a headset with mic. You can get a decent headset/mic set for like 20k ~ 30k won online. I really didn't want to but other than the textbook that is your only expense for a 1:9 class and with that in mind I was happy to make that small purchase.

To participate in an online class you go to a different website, login, and the teacher controls the "classroom." The classroom is normally a small chat box at the left, the PPT/textbook/website taking up most screen space, and smaller windows with all students via webcams. When the teacher wants for the students to focus on the materials she/he can change the screen so you only see the materials, or can select one or two students to take up most of the screen, etc. The program specifically wants mommies in the classes so expect a good number of students to have lil kids. The teacher has audio controls for all students and can mute individuals when babies start to cry/scream/break stuff in the background. The teacher also has power over volume levels so if your mic is too "hot" it can be turned down by the teacher. Much like a smart blackboard, the teacher can write or draw on the screen which is perfect for point to specific words or content.

The teacher may or may not let you take pictures of the screen with your smartphone when certain grammar is up or when checking homework. It might be up to the teacher but screenshots are SUPER helpful for reviewing and allowing you to stay focused on what is happening as you can check the screenshots later for deeper understanding. If you like screenshots then check out the program Greenshot.

Apply just before or at midnight when the online classes open to get a spot as it will fill by 9 am the next morning. Offline signups are by region but online are for the whole country; you can competing against expats from every city for those few coveted spaces. Also they want mommies who are house bound and have more difficulty getting to an offline class. Both semesters I registered for online classes I got a phone call a week before the start of class asking if I was female and pregnant or already had a child. As I am none of those I was kicked out of the class but was invited back 1 of the 2 times as they kicked out too many people. Take away: be the first to sign up for a session so you get invited back first and have an offline location as your 2nd option but don't signup for it until the online class as already started. Offline classes can (sometimes? always?) take more people if they run out of spots so don't stress if your offline option is full.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment