November 19, 2017, 10:17:08 PM

Author Topic: How Many Lessons Do You Make A Week?  (Read 19063 times)

Offline konayuki

• Adventurer
Re: How many lesson plans do you make a week? I hafta make 9
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 08:36:07 PM »
I'm on a two week cycle as well. On Week 1 I do 7 lesson plans. 3 for my actual classes, one for my teacher's class, one for my student advanced after school and two for my kongbubangs. Week 2 I do 6 plans, as I only need 2 plans for my actual classes.

9 is crazy. How do you do it? I'm barely surviving with 7 and 6 a week, haha.

Offline petermichael

• Explorer
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »
Two a week! Thankfully!

Offline partheania81

• Adventurer
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2011, 09:03:48 PM »
Got an awesome school... I don't have to submit any official lesson plans, but I do make 4 lesson plans a week because I teach 3rd to 6 graders.

Offline OrangeBlue

• Explorer
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 09:10:28 PM »
Oooh very lucky. I'm teaching at two schools. Daily lesson plans are mandated by the schools and help me keep each class on track.

Offline negacoca

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 09:16:55 PM »

Offline simbadger

• Waygookin
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 09:22:49 PM »
Hafta make 5 cause my 3rd graders are leveled which is great. The thing that stresses me the most is my english teachers glass though. They don't want an actual class but just a time to "have a chance to speak english" which is fair enough but what am ~I supposed to prepare for that? ???

Offline laughter627

• Waygookin
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 09:35:07 PM »
I make two lesson plans a week, one for each grade (1st and 2nd in middle school). BUT I have 3 levels in each grade so I have to tweak all the lesson plans to fit the level and change some of the content to be more or less advanced so I technically make 6 lesson plans a week.

Offline satange

• Waygookin
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 09:40:57 PM »
I teach 4th and 6th grade so I have to make 3 lesson plans each.

Offline mrwasa

• Explorer
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »
I teach 2 grades that are divided into 3 levels plus two after school classes a week so technically 8 a week but I usually just make 2 lessons for my 2 grades and change them up according to the level im teaching depending on what im teaching.

Offline M Cap

• Explorer
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2011, 10:07:44 PM »
No lesson plans for me. I'm surprised that so many people are required to submit lessons. My old co-teacher use to joke about how in Korea they need "proof" of everything. Most of which gets thrown into the circular file.

Offline pinkynj

• Waygookin
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2011, 10:11:40 PM »
I make one a week but adjust it for the varying levels. But having said that, I teach out of the text book for 'week 1' then the remaining 3 weeks I do my own topic.

Offline dolphingurl2022

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2011, 10:24:38 PM »
I teach all 3 grades in middle school plus after school....3 separate lessons for 1st (same chapter but make the lessons completely different), 2 for 2nd grade (completely different activities and then slightly different ppts), 2 for 3rd (same as 2nd), and then 3 for after school....so each week that's about 10 lessons a week (if i can even count right anymore)....and then if i need to adjust any of them throughout the week it's a little more work

Offline DH

• Explorer
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 05:33:47 AM »
Currently i am planning around 6 lessons. Two of them are for two different Teachers Conversation Class. The rest i have to plan out with 3 different co-teachers.  Now i have asked to teach a Parents English Class days a week... so that will now add up and also take away my afternoon time for lesson planning...eeks.  I don't know who you all do it planning so many. Waygook has been such a great help!   What makes things difficult is i am given only a day or two as to which pages in the textbook they want me to cover. (and i generally like to pull materials outside of using the textbook. I just use the textbook as a reference point)

Offline jglide

• Adventurer
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2011, 06:14:02 AM »
As of now I'm at 16 per week between the two schools I'm at and regular working hours. This is the trouble of working at a small school with only one grade per class. Who knew after school classes could become so burdensome. Could see the lesson number bump up to 20 if they want me to take on teacher classes again.

Offline justanotherwaygook

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2011, 06:26:18 AM »
Wow.

I have double periods for each class (each class meets with me for two consecutive periods once a week.)  I plan each period as a different lesson.  I have 2 grades, so 4 lessons plans for them, plus after school twice a week (just getting started).

Total of 6 a week, but with waygook.org, it seems like less ;).
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

Offline crw15

• Waygookin
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2011, 06:39:15 AM »
Wow, I feel for everyone who's posted on this, I can't imagine making so many lesson plans!  I make 1 lesson plan every 1.5 weeks as I only see my 2nd graders once a week, and my 1st graders once every two weeks. I teach the same lesson to both grades, adjusting it only slightly. Working in a big school really cuts down on your workload. My school also requires no paperwork from me so I've never handed in anything regarding lesson plans. They give me complete freedom!

Offline emilympwilson

• Explorer
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2011, 07:02:34 AM »
Wow I thought I had it bad!
I have 4 normal lesson plans per week (and they take a long time to make!) and 2 afterschool lesson plans which are less intense..

Offline bigkirk

• Waygookin
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2011, 07:11:29 AM »
I make around 6 or 7 per week. I used to find it difficult, but now its an automatic process I can do them in about 10 mins.

Offline jadegardner

• Explorer
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2011, 07:24:08 AM »
I only really make 3 lesson plans...one for each grade...and most of them just involve games...i find that my coteachers don't mind me using the same ones (almost prefer it) for each grade as well..as there isn't a very drastic change in each of their english level..

Offline longname

• Explorer
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2011, 07:25:23 AM »
I make 4 for regular classes, 3 for afterschoool classes, and 1 for my parents classes.