August 20, 2017, 01:08:33 PM

Author Topic: Camp Theme - Holidays  (Read 27769 times)

Offline Artisis

• Veteran
Re: Camp Theme - Holidays
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2015, 12:56:23 PM »
I did a holiday themed camp for 3rd graders.

Day 4: Easter and Thanksgiving
Students will learn about American holiday traditions.
Students will be able to describe items using color.
Students will be able to order food using grade level English.

EASTER MATERIALS: 2 PERIODS
Presentation: PPT
Dying Easter Eggs
  • My coteacher ordered gel food coloring off the internet along with apple vinegar (korean brand)
  • Each student got an egg, cup and some stickers. Students placed stickers on their egg and mixed the water and vinegar in their own cup.
  • In groups, students were dismissed to the front of the class where my coteacher and I placed the coloring in their cup for them.
  • We left the eggs in the cups until the end of the camp. Students took off the stickers to expose a pattern on their egg.  They came out great (even with tan colored eggs)
Scavenger Hunt
  • Before the class I collected a bunch of random holiday stuff I had (including a ton of fake spiders from halloween) and hid the same number of items in each of the three English rooms at my school.
  • Students were given a word scramble that acted as a checklist for how many items are in each room.
  • In 3 large groups, students were seperated and assigned to one of the rooms. They went through looking for the items and I periodically looked with them and gave them hints.
  • When a group found all the items, they came to me and counted each out loud. I then collected the items and gave most of them away evenly to the students (each student of mine got a candy, eraser, pencil and fake spider to take home)

This took about 2 40 minute periods to complete.

Offline Artisis

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2015, 01:02:38 PM »
I did a holiday themed camp for 3rd graders.

Day 4: Easter and Thanksgiving
Students will learn about American holiday traditions.
Students will be able to describe items using color.
Students will be able to order food using grade level English.

THANKSGIVING MATERIALS: 2 PERIODS
Presentation: PPT
Introduction to food vocabulary: PPT
Making a menu
  • Students will be told that they will make a menu for their own restaurant. Each student will receive a worksheet that had the following categories: Side dishes, Main Dishes, Desert and Drinks.
  • Students will fill their menu with different types of food and drawings of different foods (one drawing per section).
Restaurant Skit: Students will preform a roleplay.
waiter: Hello.
Person 1: Hello.
Person 2: Hi.
Waiter: What do you want?
p1: I want a ___________.
Waiter: What do you want?
P2: I want a _________.
Waiter: Here you are.
P1: Thank you.
P2: Thank you.

Offline Megjod

• Explorer
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2017, 05:22:33 PM »
I used this thread to make my ppts for a 5 day camp for grade 3 and 4. They especially loved making Halloween lanterns
Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzYzXpIh7hCceVRMUnl5amJPUVE

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment