November 22, 2017, 08:53:23 PM

Author Topic: scavenger hunt/running man  (Read 24821 times)

Offline claire.ramsey4

• Explorer
Re: scavenger hunt/running man
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 09:23:36 AM »
Hello!

Here is a Running Man Camp I did this past winter vacation. I cobbled a lot together from what I found on this post and others. I ran two camps, each lasting 5 days. Each day I taught four 40 minute classes with breaks in between each class. The first camp was for a mix of 3rd and 4th graders, the second for a mix of 4th and 5th graders.

I will post here the material I used for the 3rd and 4th grade camp. The camp activities and theme were the same for both camps, I just made the level of the camp slightly lower for the youngins.

Also to note, the level of English at my school is quiet low, so that is why the material is very basic.

One other thing to take note: NAME TAG ELIMINATION GAME! Every kid knows this game as they see it played on the show and want to play it that way. But kids don't know when to stop in their fevered pursuit of a name tag lol. So I made the rules more structured (we didn't actually end up hiding, but I made them stick to the freeze rule. You'll see what I mean in the powerpoint explanations). This went well but they still begged to play the "Running Man" way. Since they had been listening well up to that point, and I gave them stern warnings about losing points, etc if they got too rough, I let them play the "real" way and it actually went really well! So it can totally be up to your judgment of how your kids would handle that.

Okie dokie yo, if you have any questions feel free to ask! Happy camping!

Offline claire.ramsey4

• Explorer
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 09:39:51 AM »
And here are the attachments for my Running Man Camp for grade 4 and grade 5 students. It's just a slightly higher level than what I previously posted for grade 3/4.

Again, shoot any questions my way! Have a great camp y'all!

Offline junita.h13@gmail.com

• Newgookin
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 12:33:05 PM »
This scavenger hunt is awesome! Thank you :D