November 18, 2017, 08:09:54 PM

Author Topic: Detective Camp!  (Read 137445 times)

Offline whitespider

• Veteran
Re: Detective Camp!
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »
I uploaded one of the i-spy pics in the wrong format originally so it wont open. It's all fixed in the zip files though so if you get those you should be able to find it.

The paper clips are reeeeeally hard to find. I ended up drawing them on the picture then photocopying it because I couldn't even find them myself and I was the one that took the photo.

Offline lukelui

• Waygookin
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »
Hello, attached is a supplement for day 5 of the detective camp. The attachment has some verbs, pictures and weapons. I think that i goes quite well with day 5.

On day 5 we will find out  there is a hidden message. " We will use a gun to kill Dawn" I am planning to present this by playing hangman.

I intend on doing the listening activity with Mr X first, then doing the attached document of weapons and methods of killing. Then playing hang man.

Offline lukelui

• Waygookin
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2012, 10:18:13 AM »

Today I have finished the detective camp. Some of the activities in the original camp I  didn't do. Here are some lessons I used and amended to supplement the detective  camp. Hopefully it may help someone!

The ppt "crime, police and the law" goes with the crime cloze worksheet.

Offline Morticae

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2012, 05:30:45 PM »
Please help!

What's the answer for Code #1 on the Door Lock puzzle?? I don't understand it.

Offline sweetleggs

• Explorer
« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »
hello, this is amazing - you must have put a lot of work into this unit - thank you for sharing this to other teachers, i honestly didnt know what to do with this English Camp- Question, Is this all of the unit? Or is there more? - Or do i need to add to it?

Thank you again- this is Great!!
Sweetleggs

Offline kitty.cat

• Veteran
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »
OP: This is a great camp and I'm really grateful for your effort and generosity.

Just one thing: My internet connect wont allow me to trawl through all the backpages of this thread, so I don't know if this has been discussed before, but:

In the PowerPoint for Day 9, the "killer" is a picture of CHO Seung-hui, the Korean student who massacred people at Virginia Tech. Was this intentional?

Personally, I wouldn't include this photograph in any activity at a Korean public school (or anywhere else for that matter).

Offline shawni07

• Adventurer
« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »
I made a 4 day elementary camp - here is the outline of time - may be too short for most, so feel free to just use the pages/games/activities

Offline Obeewan

• Adventurer
« Reply #207 on: December 04, 2012, 10:02:33 AM »
Hey Thanks for all the work doing this camp, but I am confussed where I can find the zip files. I see the message on #93 where it says the zip files are uploaded, but I can see the link where its available?

Can someone just copy and past it to this reply, if they know.

Many thanks.

Offline aarolye

• Veteran
« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2012, 10:14:24 AM »
Hey Thanks for all the work doing this camp, but I am confussed where I can find the zip files. I see the message on #93 where it says the zip files are uploaded, but I can see the link where its available?

Can someone just copy and past it to this reply, if they know.

Many thanks.

Check the first post.

Offline Obeewan

• Adventurer
« Reply #209 on: December 04, 2012, 10:38:06 AM »
First post says check the bottom of the page, but there is no links or attachments for full zip files that I can see, am I missing something. Maybe you could let me know what # message has the files?

I would be very grateful

Offline Obeewan

• Adventurer
« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2012, 10:40:41 AM »
Doh!
Ok I found it on the first posting....

Thanks

Offline mycombs

• Veteran
Re: Detective Winter camp! (middle school)
« Reply #211 on: December 09, 2012, 02:22:21 AM »
If anyone wanted the Weezer Ringtone, or the do-re-me tones from my supplemental lesson days, I am attaching them
I think that's everything you need? I have the sound files for the "Ringtone" on my lab computer. It's a quick Weezer sounbite that has been distorted heavily. You need that, so I will upload soon.
"Signature"

Offline CellarDoor

• Fanatical Supporter!
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
I'm so excited that I might finally get to use this camp this winter!!  The VP last year said I had to teach a "conversation camp" last year, so I had to scrap these plans at the last minute.

Thanks for all the revisions and feedback that have gone into making this as good a camp as ever!  Whitespider and all, you're awesome. ^_^

Offline Obeewan

• Adventurer
« Reply #213 on: December 10, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »
Hey, thanks for the hard work. This is really a great camp with wonderful imagination.
I am just a little stuck on the 'day 9' door locks. Do you have answers to this puzzle, as for the life of me I cant figure them out?

I would be grateful if i could find the answers somewhere.

Many thanks Obee...

Offline neliakk

• Waygookin
« Reply #214 on: December 10, 2012, 10:59:17 AM »
Hi
thanks for sharing this material it looks great
i teach at a girls middle school, do you think this camp can work for girls?
how many hours per days is the camp material for? i think you said 10 days, for how many hours per day?

thanks again

Offline Obeewan

• Adventurer
« Reply #215 on: December 10, 2012, 11:39:14 AM »
Actually,...
if i could ask for the Mini Mystery 8-9 the top 5 answers, as well as the door lock answers of Min Mystery 9. If you could point me to where the answers are available please.

Obee...

Offline Suz-goose

• Super Waygook
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2012, 12:34:07 PM »
Hey all I am doing this camp for 30 hours so I am padding it out with two spy movies: Johnny English: Reborn (Mr Bean as a spy!) and Alex Rider: Stormbreaker (Brit movie with Alex Pettifyer). Anyways I made some movie comprehension worksheets for the movies, enjoy  :wink:

Offline shawni07

• Adventurer
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2012, 03:35:37 PM »
Adding to the Elementary portion of this thread!
Here is the basis for my 12 40 min period winter camp
Senses and Detective stuff combined - will still take a lot of work to make all the senses tests materials and personalize to your school. Also note that this is in progress...stuff will be uploaded as its finished.

Offline skountz

• Adventurer
« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2012, 11:25:27 PM »
Hey all I am doing this camp for 30 hours so I am padding it out with two spy movies: Johnny English: Reborn (Mr Bean as a spy!) and Alex Rider: Stormbreaker (Brit movie with Alex Pettifyer). Anyways I made some movie comprehension worksheets for the movies, enjoy  :wink:

Where are you sourcing these movies from? Online? Or did you download them?

Offline noda21k

• Explorer
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2012, 01:40:10 PM »
For anyone looking for the Top 5 Mini Mystery answers, they came from another thread on waygook, actually.  It's here:

http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=36707.0

It you look at the powerpoint, you can get the answers, or you can just use the powerpoint itself to make a fun game instead, as I will probably do. =]