April 20, 2014, 06:33:39 AM

Author Topic: Why is my Daelim Magma not starting? Where is the fuse box?  (Read 838 times)

Offline Canonite

• Expert Waygook
  • o.O
Hi guys,

Today I was riding my Magma, I put on about 100 km, the last 20km in very, very heavy traffic (pretty much bumper to bumper, took me over an hour to cover that 20km)...anyways...the Magma being air cooled, it didn't like it and got a little hot. It still rides fine, but there's one little issue...it won't start with the electric starter (when I push the button NOTHING Happens...everything else is fine on the bike, runs like a charm, all lights/etc work, and I can start it by putting it into 2nd and releasing the clutch from a roll).

My friend is saying that it may have blown a fuse. Does that sound likely? If so, where's the fuse box? How do I get to it? I have some basic tools and I used to work on cars all the time back home, but bikes are a new thing to me...

Thanks,
Tamas
*click*

Offline Canonite

• Expert Waygook
  • o.O
Re: Why is my Daelim Magma not starting? Where is the fuse box?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 08:47:22 AM »
Thanks, but I don't think you want to make the trip down to Changwon for this haha, plus labour is cheap/free in Korea, so worst comes to worst I'll just ride it down to the shop around the corner, I just like tinkering with things.

Yeah, cars and bikes are similar, I've checked the usual suspects, battery's great, connections to the solenoid are solid and clean, I can think of only three things at this point...a blown fuse or a melted wire, or a busted switch. I figured I'd start with the easiest/most likely (fuse). In your search, did you happen to find where the fuse box is? :)
*click*

Offline Canonite

• Expert Waygook
  • o.O
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:49:55 PM »
Well, it turns out that the bike actually didn't break, it FIXED itself. When I bought it the RUN/STOP button didn't work, so I never used it...sometime on Friday, it decided to start working again (though only for starting the bike, not for killing the engine), and since it was in the "STOP" position, I couldn't start the bike. Flicked it to RUN, hit the START button and she fired up within a millisecond :D

But I'm still curious...where's the fuse box? (For future reference).
*click*

Offline echo

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »
I don't know specifically about your bike, but fuse boxes are commonly under the seat, near the battery.

Offline Canonite

• Expert Waygook
  • o.O
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:31:28 PM »
I don't know specifically about your bike, but fuse boxes are commonly under the seat, near the battery.

Awesome, thanks...wonder if I'd have to remove the seat or those two covers on either side below the seat...hmmm...we should start a motorbike thread and share ideas/questions/etc :)
*click*

Offline andyfoggy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 02:17:55 AM »
you need to remove the seat and those side things to get at the electrics
my daystar would not start with the button after a really cold winter and i thought it was just a flat battery as it just went click click click ....etc
however it started first time with the kick, or bump start on a hill
after a very short trip to the local bike garage and a few pokes with a volt meter he told me that it was the regulator and that it was also responsible for the blown head light (I hadnt noticed that as I had not driven it at night much)
after it was replaced it started first time every time as usual :)

Offline Lurch

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 12:31:33 PM »
Because it's a Magma.  If you crack open the engine, inside you'll find a little dinosaur tirelessly running in circles.  Yours has likely died.  :D

J/K!  It's a testament to their hardiness that there are still so many around even though they stopped making them in 99 or so.  I miss mine sometimes.

Offline echo

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »

Awesome, thanks...wonder if I'd have to remove the seat or those two covers on either side below the seat...hmmm...we should start a motorbike thread and share ideas/questions/etc :)
With my Hyosung Mirage you have to remove both the seat and the side covers. Popping off the seat allows you to see what's under there but you can't pull anything out until you take off the side covers. with Just a simple screw driver and socket set you should be able to do this on your own. Another place I've been told the fuse box could be is under the front fairing.

Recent Lesson Plans

Middle School Students Don't Like Anything by YounguhTchr
[Today at 03:23:11 AM]

Connect Four by powelldr
[Yesterday at 11:56:50 PM]

Writing College Admissions Essays 수시 by Landfried
[Yesterday at 11:13:54 AM]

Need some help with materials! by Wintermute
[Yesterday at 06:37:16 AM]

"Teaching philosophy" by Wintermute
[Yesterday at 04:41:22 AM]

Buy/Sell/Trade