August 02, 2014, 09:25:48 AM

Author Topic: E-2 Visa docs for UK. To Apostille or not Apostille?  (Read 777 times)

Offline rokdav

• Veteran
E-2 Visa docs for UK. To Apostille or not Apostille?
« on: February 14, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
Hi

Sorry if this has come up before, I searched but couldn't find anything quite right.

I'm in the UK preparing for and E-2 visa. I have been told to get my degree, transcipt and CRC. which of these needs to apostilled? I prefer not to do all of them as I'm being told that 250 pounds!!!

Anyone from the UK have any recent experince with apostilling/notarising, and how much it should cost?

thanks

Offline steveperry

• Veteran
Re: E-2 Visa docs for UK. To Apostille or not Apostille?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »
CRC and degree must have apostille or your visa will be denied.

transcripts not needed.

Offline tails

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 12:28:51 AM »
I'm not 100% sure some people have said it needs a solicitors stamp around 5, others say it needs a apostille 30 each.  You 100% don't need a notary to do the apostille at 250.  The UK apostille place is based in Milton Keynes!
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Offline modernseoul

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:00:02 AM »
Original Degree and Criminal Check.

You need both documents signed by a Solicitor and then send it to the FCO to by legalized (you cannot go in person).

More info: http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/what-we-do/services-we-deliver/legal-services/Legalisation/

Good luck.

Offline Mozza3322

• Explorer
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
Original Degree and Criminal Check.

You need both documents signed by a Solicitor and then send it to the FCO to by legalized (you cannot go in person).

More info: http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/what-we-do/services-we-deliver/legal-services/Legalisation/

Good luck.

This.  I had my documents refused by the FCO because they weren't notarized beforehand.

However, I thought you could get apostilles done in person if you went down to the office they have in Milton Keynes.

Offline Suza

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 12:01:18 PM »
Yes, you can get it done in person.

Offline Merryone

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 01:50:28 PM »
I'm not from the UK but I'm having a bit of a problem renewing right now because they want the CBC and the diploma apostilled, so I'm working on getting those right now. the transcripts come sealed. And they were returned to me still sealed. I didn't need to get them apostilled.

I was given a year to get it all done, but another immigrations officer told me I didn't need them; that was based on some faulty information that I gave him. My coteacher was on maternity leave, so  I didn't discover my mistake until she returned. So now I have about 10 weeks to complete the clearance and I'm told it might take 4 weeks or as much as 16 weeks. I was told if I had them apostiled to begin, I might not be having this problem right now. I may have to leave the country until I have the CBC, so I suggest you bite the bullet and do whatever you have to. Its a lot more expensive to raise the airplane money to take care of business, then it is to just do it right the first time. maybe you can learn from my mistakes?

Offline Suza

• Super Waygook
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »
Damn, things do change! I've been here since 2008.

Recent Lesson Plans

90 Min After School class - out of ideas by kitster1
[Yesterday at 10:43:32 PM]

English Detective Camp (4th or 5th grade) by smalltowngal
[Yesterday at 09:17:24 PM]

Pen Pals for my students 7th and 8th grade by toddsqui
[Yesterday at 06:25:56 PM]

Current Events Camp by ThomasKorea
[Yesterday at 12:50:08 PM]

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment