November 19, 2017, 08:19:50 PM

Author Topic: Leaving and returning on different passports  (Read 774 times)

Offline the mighty sergio

• Adventurer
Leaving and returning on different passports
« on: December 14, 2011, 08:07:07 AM »
I will be returning to the UK on the 24th Dec for one week using a passport that is due to expire next summer. I was thinking of getting a new one while at home using the one day service in order to save all the hassle of sending it to Hong Kong next year. I will be able to keep the old one (with the valid visa in it) and I will have my ARC. Does anyone know if I will encounter any problems returning to Korea on a different passport? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Offline toddc06

• Super Waygook
Re: Leaving and returning on different passports
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 08:29:45 AM »
From what I can tell you shouldn't have a problem, but I am surprised you can keep your old passport.  I had my passport stolen since I've been in Korea and I've been checking into it because I'm going home for Christmas.  Apparently, once you get your ARC card, it takes the place of the visa in your passport.  As long as you have that, I think you will have no issues.

Offline glb0b

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 08:58:15 AM »
I suggest you call immigration and ask them about this.

As far as I know your immigration status is linked to your passport number so you might have a problem. However, it may be possible if you fax immigration with your new passport details before you leave the UK.

I wouldn't risk it without confirming in advance that it is possible.

Offline samuelmp

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 09:33:54 AM »
You will have to fax your Korean immigration office a copy of the front page of your new passport, then call and make sure they got in on file. You should bring your ARC, your old passport and your new passport with you and you should be fine.