September 27, 2017, 03:30:00 AM

Author Topic: Christmas Caroling Fundraiser Idea  (Read 689 times)

Offline buckrogers

• Waygookin
Christmas Caroling Fundraiser Idea
« on: December 13, 2011, 01:08:38 PM »
Christmas Caroling Fundraiser idea

Last year, some NETs and Koreans got together for a caroling fundraiser in downtown Gwangju. We stood outside Starbucks and raised about 720,000 KRW over an hour and a half of singing. The funds raised went to the family of Frank Osei, a Ghanan migrant worker in Gwangju who had fallen into a similar situation as Michael. We are singing again this year for Michael this time (Saturday 17th 4:30 to 6:00).

We printed out fliers in Korean and ones in English explaining what we were fundraising for and gave them to passers-by. A large sign would also do the job. People were very generous.
It might be a good idea for someone to organise this in another city.
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." William Butler Yeats

Offline AC_in_Korea

• Super Waygook
Re: Christmas Caroling Fundraiser Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 01:14:53 PM »
buckrogers!  Wow!  Thank you so much!

I am at a loss of the right words to say to sincerely thank you.  The fact that you are organzing this is SO generous.  Thank you!

If hope you don't mind - I am going to copy your post on our facebook page, as well as the Michael Milne thread.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Offline buckrogers

• Waygookin
Re: Christmas Caroling Fundraiser Idea
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 01:51:51 PM »
Sure  - go for it. It's no problem, I love singing Christmas songs anyway so might as well raise some funds for a good cause while we're at it!
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." William Butler Yeats

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment