September 25, 2017, 07:06:03 PM

Author Topic: Rabies vaccination in Busan?  (Read 1074 times)

Offline matieu

• Veteran
Rabies vaccination in Busan?
« on: December 13, 2011, 12:06:06 PM »
Hey

I'm going to Ethiopia next month and need to get my course of 3 rabies vaccinations ASAP! I'm in Geoje island just near to Tongyeong, my co teacher called the local hospitals and they don't stock this vaccine. She said maybe I will have to go to Seoul, however as it requires 3 seperate vaccinations that will mean 3 seperate trips to Seoul in a month at 80,000 won each roundtrip not to mention all the time on the bus. Surely they have this in a travel clinic in Busan? I don't want to keep pestering her asking her to call all the places in Busan, does anybody know of a place in Busan where I could get this!

Cheers

Offline ingrid28

• Veteran
Re: Rabies vaccination in Busan?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 12:40:02 PM »
Rabies vaccinations are a pain in Korea, but you can get them. You need to get a prescription from a doctor and buy the vaccine yourself and then get the doctor to administer it. I live near Seoul and use http://www.internationalclinic.co.kr/ who are an expat clinic who are fantastic, however that might be a little far to travel. They will give you the Rabies prescription and even fax it ahead to the drug store they use so you can pick it up quickly. They will then administer the vaccine for you. There must be similar clinics in Busan, would just need to scour the web I suppose.

Hope that helps. There's more info in the travel FAQ page of that site.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment