September 25, 2017, 07:04:55 PM

Author Topic: lost alien card  (Read 1491 times)

Offline HunterTecherNN

• Adventurer
lost alien card
« on: December 13, 2011, 09:39:54 AM »
Does anyone know how to deal with a lost alien card? Do I have to go down to the immigration center which is an hour away or can I just call them to have them mail me another one? Has anyone ever been through this? Thanks in advanced!

Offline SBracken

• Expert Waygook
Re: lost alien card
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 09:50:13 AM »
Theoretically speaking, the finder is supposed to drop it in a mail box, and it will be mailed back to you. Past that, I'm not sure.

Offline JahRhythm

• Fanatical Supporter!
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • University E2 Visa
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 10:10:41 AM »
Call 1345 - immigration hotline.
We teach EFL not ESL. Hagwon and "Private School" are not synonymous. Not everyone works in either a hagwon or public school. Immigration Question? Call 1345.

Offline laizamaria

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 12:52:33 PM »
Hi,

This is what I had to do:

What you need - Passport, ARC No., ₩10,000, and a passport photo. Plus 2 forms need to be filled when at the Immigration Office.

1. Go to your nearest Police station and report your ARC card lost to get a police certificate for immigration. Without this certificate, immigration will not issue you with a new card. The sooner you do this, the better. (You NEED to provide your ARC No. at the Police station to get this) (I would assume you have it recorded somewhere)

2. Go to your Immigration office with your passport, police certificate, passport photo and cash. You need to fill in two forms (best to ask when there as I am not sure what they are called. One is the same form you had to fill to get your first ARC card)

3. Hand in your two forms, certificate, passport, passport photo and ₩10,000. (No stamps for this. Cash)

4. They will type away for a little while, return your passport and give you an A4 receipt with the date of collection on it. I was told it usually takes 3 weeks for receipt of your new ARC card.

It is simpler than it sounds if you know where to go. Fairly straightforward.

Good luck :)

P.S. Calling 1345 will not help. They will tell you to go to your nearest Immigration Office, as you need to go through the process in person. If for some reason you need your ARC card or proof of Alien Registration urgently, (i.e. you are briefly leaving the country) then the Visa Control section of your Immigration Office will be able to help. They can provide you with a certificate showing you are already registered, whilst you wait for your new ARC card. This is usually separate from the 'General' section that deals with your Registration and ARC card.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:02:09 PM by laizamaria »
Spontaneity is the key to having a good time.

Offline MattAwesome

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »
Hi,

This is what I had to do:

What you need - Passport, ARC No., ₩10,000, and a passport photo. Plus 2 forms need to be filled when at the Immigration Office.

1. Go to your nearest Police station and report your ARC card lost to get a police certificate for immigration. Without this certificate, immigration will not issue you with a new card. The sooner you do this, the better. (You NEED to provide your ARC No. at the Police station to get this) (I would assume you have it recorded somewhere)

2. Go to your Immigration office with your passport, police certificate, passport photo and cash. You need to fill in two forms (best to ask when there as I am not sure what they are called. One is the same form you had to fill to get your first ARC card)

3. Hand in your two forms, certificate, passport, passport photo and ₩10,000. (No stamps for this. Cash)

4. They will type away for a little while, return your passport and give you an A4 receipt with the date of collection on it. I was told it usually takes 3 weeks for receipt of your new ARC card.

It is simpler than it sounds if you know where to go. Fairly straightforward.

Good luck :)

P.S. Calling 1345 will not help. They will tell you to go to your nearest Immigration Office, as you need to go through the process in person. If for some reason you need your ARC card or proof of Alien Registration urgently, (i.e. you are briefly leaving the country) then the Visa Control section of your Immigration Office will be able to help. They can provide you with a certificate showing you are already registered, whilst you wait for your new ARC card. This is usually separate from the 'General' section that deals with your Registration and ARC card.

most of this info was correct. I do not know how or if you can do this by mail but:

1. report it to the police if it was lost or stolen. if they find it, they will contact you.

2. go to immigration with passport and the 10k for stamp. fill out the form, say you lost our arc card. they will make you a shiny new one in a few days.

i had this done very recently. simple as that. seoul immi. office in omokyo.

Offline jjmcb58

• Explorer
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »
I just had to simply go to the immigration office in the district i was placed in. I brought my passport and explain to them i lost my wallet with my ARC in it, they had all the paper work there, and they simply popped me a new one then and there. it was really simple.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment