November 19, 2017, 01:42:05 AM

Author Topic: Any writers in Seoul?  (Read 1995 times)

Offline teachertq

• Veteran
Any writers in Seoul?
« on: December 05, 2011, 06:05:43 PM »
Are there any small writers groups in Seoul? A group of writers who meet once a week or even bi weekly to share and critique works?                              I found the Seoul Collective Writers workshop group, but I don't see any meetups scheduled. Does anyone know of anything else? Anything formal or informal, it doesn't quite matter. Please let me know. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:09:20 PM by teachertq »

Offline bebouchard

• Veteran
Re: Any writers in Seoul?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 07:51:27 AM »
If anyone is interested in forming such a group, say the Waygook Writers Guild, or something like that, I'd be interested in taking part.

Offline YouBetcha

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »
There's a group on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/seoulwritersworkshop/ - they have regular meetings and publish an anthology.

I'm a writer as well, but I live in Mokpo, so I've never attended, but the facebook group is fairly active.

Offline teachertq

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 02:00:03 PM »
I would be interested in joinging a Waygook's writers group, if someone was willing to take the lead on this. Any volunteers?
Not quite sure how writing workshops function, but I would envision writers just coming together, sharing their stories and offering critiques.  :)

Offline vashthestampyd

• Veteran
  • pssshhhh nah gurl
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »
eah yo guys im tyrin to improv mah writing to man. a meetup sounds hot yo. forrlz. le's get it goin son. yo haiks they tricky ...is it 5 milimmeters and 7 then fav right?
ya'll waygookers are off the hook man, all ya ya'll

Ochodnid

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 11:32:35 AM »
I know of a few in Incheon area, but I don't know of any in Seoul.

eah yo guys im tyrin to improv mah writing to man. a meetup sounds hot yo. forrlz. le's get it goin son. yo haiks they tricky ...is it 5 milimmeters and 7 then fav right?

Anyone for blowing up a bridge on a troll?

Offline macchiato

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 08:31:55 AM »
I would definitely be interested in a writer's group.  It was my major at university and really need to get back into it.

I've heard about the facebook writer's group, but apparently they are really intense and critical, and I'm looking for something a little more chilled out.

Offline RobotsforJoey

• Explorer
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 07:38:27 PM »
I'd definitely be up for something a bit more chilled out.

What's the best way to do this?  Shall we all PM one person our email addresses and they can set something up?  I'd be happy to start it off if no-one else wants to?

Offline teachertq

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 02:29:17 AM »
I'd definitely be up for something a bit more chilled out.

What's the best way to do this?  Shall we all PM one person our email addresses and they can set something up?  I'd be happy to start it off if no-one else wants to?

Sure, sounds good. Please start it up Robot :DsforJoey!

Offline DWAEDGIMORIGUKBAP

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 11:06:57 AM »
I'd like to attend one in Busan if there are any.
If you think you can or can't do a thing - you are probably right.

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” Mark Twain

Offline mswalker214

• Newgookin
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 11:02:50 AM »
The Waygook Writer's Guild sounds like a great idea! I'd love to start/join one in Ulsan or Busan. If anyone else is close to my area, feel free to pm me!

Offline teachertq

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 07:44:04 PM »
Perhaps we can start something online to reach all the waygookers and whenever we have enough members we can plan a meetup somewhere central on the weekends. Perhaps for the meanwhile submitting our work via email or posting on a site where we can review and give feedback or comments. I am not sure if there is a blog site (for writers) similar to the flickr (for photographers) where we can post, review and easily access each others work. If you can set something up definitely mswalker go for it. :D