November 20, 2017, 05:31:52 PM

Author Topic: Korean movies with English subtitles  (Read 4671 times)

Offline ACofOntario

• Veteran
Korean movies with English subtitles
« on: November 13, 2011, 01:02:36 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had luck finding new release Korean movies with subtitles, online or otherwise.

I am watching a very high quality war movie on TV right now. I think it may be called The Front Line, a 2011 movie.  It looks excellent, but how can I find a version with English subtitles?

I know that this movie was in the Busan film festival, where it had subtitles... Because of this festival I am sure that there are a lot of subtitles out there, but how does one find them?

I think that South Korea is making some of the best movies in the world... it's too bad that only a few get marketed internationally.  I know Old Boy and the Housewife are available with subtitles in the West... but seriously, there are so many good looking movies that came out this year!  If anyone could help, I would be very thankful.

Offline toddc06

• Super Waygook
Re: Korean movies with English subtitles
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
there's a website called "my asian cinema" that has a lot.  I love it!  www.myasiancinema.com

Offline lindsaydp1

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »

Offline ACofOntario

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 07:44:53 AM »
Wow, those links were apparently exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much  ;D

Offline Shaddock

• Newgookin
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 11:20:40 AM »
If you are really want to watch the movie and there's not subtitles.....

I find that if it's a comedy, action or horror movie, you can pretty much guess what people are saying.  If it's a long-winded speaking drama, you're probably out of luck.

Offline jjmcb58

• Explorer
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 09:01:45 PM »
I've had that same issue, with so many seemingly good movies coming out at the cinema this year that I wanted to watch right away (I really wanted to watch that recent Ha Ji Won action film), but unfortunately they don't accommodate very well for the English speaking moviegoer. I heard there are cinemas that play some korean movies with English subtitles, but I've yet to find one.

Offline Davey

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 09:10:59 PM »
I've had that same issue, with so many seemingly good movies coming out at the cinema this year that I wanted to watch right away (I really wanted to watch that recent Ha Ji Won action film), but unfortunately they don't accommodate very well for the English speaking moviegoer. I heard there are cinemas that play some korean movies with English subtitles, but I've yet to find one.

I know CGV was experimenting with Korean movies with English subtitles in certain theaters in Seoul, like the one in Gangnam. I'm not sure if they're still doing it, so try Googling.
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

Offline horiconnights

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »