December 17, 2017, 02:38:45 AM

Author Topic: PlayStation Network Korea (PS3 owners)  (Read 3995 times)

Offline mikecho249

• Waygookin
PlayStation Network Korea (PS3 owners)
« on: June 09, 2011, 11:42:43 AM »
I'm only posting this because i couldn't find diddly squat on this issue... Does anyone have any idea  when it will be back online? if you do please provide a link to your sources....

to my knowledge Sony has not given any information on this subject. Very annoying :(

If you wanna just complain about ps3 stuff feel free to do that too :)

Offline MattPierce

• Adventurer
Re: PlayStation Network Korea (PS3 owners)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 11:47:04 AM »
It's absolute Bcrud, I bought portal 2 more than a month and a half ago so that I could play the online co-op with a friend here and it was basically like I threw 50k out the window.

Offline chrisinkorea2011

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »
this is why i have a xbox 360 lol anyways i heard it might be a while, and that there might have been a 3RD attack on the network, no confirm on that BUT i know for a fact there was 2. and they tried to hide that. funny right?

Offline Endoas

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 12:01:44 PM »
I don't expect anything in the near future, which is irritating because SSF4 Arcade Edition is on the horizon and I really wanted to play that online.

Offline mikecho249

• Waygookin
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:30:29 PM »
I just hate how there's not been a single update from sony about all this...  >:(

Offline jay_tyler

• Explorer
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 03:56:56 PM »
Yea this is ticking me off. I contacted a buddy that lives in japan. He was able to login in with his US id there. I want the free games.... And to be able to play with my friends back home again.

Offline moogle

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 04:36:56 PM »
I haven't heard any news about this either. GF is getting me a xbox360 as a gift, so I'm looking forward to that. But seriously, I really want to play some metal gear online. I'm gonna try to dig up some news from the Korean search engines if I can, so I'll post anything if see some new info.

Savre

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 06:12:02 PM »
There is no hope for South Korea. With LG suing Sony, the South Korean government blocking PS3 shipments to Korea during the first year of the PS3 and the rivalry between SK and Japan I wouldn't hold my breath.

But WE ARE DYING HERE. ITS BEEN FAR TOO LONG!

There is no news for us because the rest of the world has gotten on with things and HK and SK don't really matter. With Kotaku stating that HK and SK made up less than 15% of PSN users worldwide there won't be much of a rush to get us up and going.

Just pray that the welcome back package is still available to us if we eventually get back online. It is available to PSN accs for one month after re-activation. But I can see some problems arising for us.

I know of PSN friends who have DL games from EU and USA accounts which is kinda kool. I just hope things work out for us when it comes back....

Offline oskinny1

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 06:59:06 AM »
15% is a huge group. I am pretty sure they wouldn't want to lose that just because of some old school animosity. All I have read says that SK and HK don't have a date yet. Sucks, but nothing we can do. Screw xbox, I am not going to pay a monthly fee when I can get it free (when it's working ㅠㅠ)

Offline ooyum

• Waygookin
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 07:12:40 AM »
I rage about it every day, but believe it will come back up (hopefully) by the end of the month. At any rate, now's the time to stock up on single player games and crank through them. I can tell you from personal experience that Fallout NV, Crysis 2, Mortal Kombat, and Mass Effect 2 are all interesting enough ways to kill time/forget about pwning n00bs on black ops.

Offline mikecho249

• Waygookin
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 03:01:49 PM »
WE'RE FINALLY ONLINE!!! WHOo Hooo!

Offline Marissa0687

• Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 05:53:08 AM »
Anyone down for some Black Ops? xRaginAsianx

Looks like all the classes and stats were reset  >:(

Offline jay_tyler

• Explorer
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 09:18:16 AM »
PSN IS UP AGAIN~!

Offline tfung31

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 09:38:03 AM »
Anyone down for some Black Ops? xRaginAsianx

Looks like all the classes and stats were reset  >:(

My classes didn't get reset, though i only had the game for about a day before psn went down.