December 11, 2017, 11:47:04 AM

Author Topic: Korean Classes and Tutoring in Seoul (Recommendations Please)  (Read 310 times)

Online BikeGuyYangji

• Explorer
Korean Classes and Tutoring in Seoul (Recommendations Please)
« on: October 12, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »
I work for a Korean company and speak pretty fluent Korean already but my boss told me the other day that he didn't think my Korean was up to his expectations and that I should make a plan to improve it.  They are willing to pay for tutoring and/or classes for me so I was wondering if anyone could make any some recommendations .  Anything in Gangnam or Jamsil area would be good. 

If your interested my plan is to have tutoring 2-3 times a week for 6 months then take the TOPIK and score a 6.  2 years ago I got level 4 so I think that should be enough to show that I improved my Korean in some material way.  He wants me to "prove" that I improved my Korean so I would also welcome any other ideas people have for how I could do this. 

Offline lilian

• Newgookin
Re: Korean Classes and Tutoring in Seoul (Recommendations Please)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 08:44:02 PM »
actually im not an expert i mean im just native korean but dont have any certification about education. but if you need help even now, i can help you at least how to speak or write. im working in seoul, so if you want to learn send message to 01059232101.

Online shostager

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:45:35 AM »
Just hopping on this, I tried a Facebook group and didn't get anywhere...

I'm also looking for some classes/tutoring, around the Wolgok Station area if possible. Not KIIP, I've already finished that. I've never been formally tested but am probably around a 3/4 speaking level, 4/5 listening level (according to my previous tutor).

Any advice / suggestions would be appreciated.

Online BikeGuyYangji

• Explorer
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:11:28 AM »
I ended up signing up for tutoring twice a week before work with a language hagwon in Gangnam called World in Seoul (WIN).  http://www.winseoul.com/

I've been going for 4 weeks now and highly recommend it.  The instructor is really professional and great at explaining difficult concepts in a way that is easy to understand.  It costs 40,000 won an hour for tutoring and I think they have normal classes as well.