September 22, 2017, 01:30:25 PM

Author Topic: Subscription payment problems  (Read 1353 times)

Offline colebricht

• Waygookin - I can PM now!
Subscription payment problems
« on: September 13, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »
When I click order subscription it sends me to paypal and they tell me the merchant is not accepting money. Any help? I heard mention of being able to pay with a card. Super annoying there was no clear announcement of the new policy. I'm cool with paying money but my day of lesson planning got shot trying to figure this garbage out.

And special shoutout to those not taking their stuff down in these trying waygook times. It's all super annoying I know but the amount of time and energy this site saves me makes it worth it.

Online travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • It is as it never was...
Re: Paying the Subscription
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 06:21:46 PM »
I am looking into this now. I will let you know as soon as I know anything.

When I click order subscription it sends me to paypal and they tell me the merchant is not accepting money. Any help? I heard mention of being able to pay with a card. Super annoying there was no clear announcement of the new policy. I'm cool with paying money but my day of lesson planning got shot trying to figure this garbage out.

And special shoutout to those not taking their stuff down in these trying waygook times. It's all super annoying I know but the amount of time and energy this site saves me makes it worth it.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Offline jwilkie

Subscription payment problems
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 12:52:03 AM »
I consistently get an error message saying 'things don't appear to be working at the moment.  Please try again later' when I try to pay by PayPal.  Unfortunately, the other options that people have mentioned on the forum (credit card) don't appear on the page that I'm taken to when I hit the subscriptions link.  Paypal would appear to be my only option and it's not working, which is most frustrating.

Please could somebody tell me how to pay for the subscription?  Thank you  :azn:

Online theman3285

• Adventurer
Re: Subscription payment problems
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 10:28:02 AM »
Same problem here.

Online travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 10:48:39 AM »
Hi guys, the site owner is working on this. Regarding the credit card option, when you click on the paypal link there are two options 1) pay with paypal account or 2) pay as guest (no pay pal account). #2 is the credit card option.

Offline Jennad

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 10:54:45 AM »
I think I might be a little behind but do we have to pay in order to download material? I can't download any attachments. And how much is it?

Would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Offline Mcghe

Paid SUb-Cant Acess-sending messages not allowed
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 11:02:16 AM »
Admin, I paid my subscription fee. I see that you are experiencing problems with paypal. When I go to send you my transaction details, I get a message that says I'm not allowed to send messages. Please Help.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 11:02:46 AM »
Yeah, sorry. I was quite happy to pay. But it is Thursday now and I have managed just fine without downloading materials. I think payment methods should have been thought through/checked first. Now half the stuff I would have downloaded has gone from this site and some of it is available elsewhere. So unfortunately I am no longer interested in subscribing.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online theman3285

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 11:15:15 AM »
I think I might be a little behind but do we have to pay in order to download material? I can't download any attachments. And how much is it?

Would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

All you need to know is that every Monday will henceforth be known as Black Monday.

And yes, you can access whats left of the site's resources (many lessons have been pulled by their creators in protest of the recent changes). 20 bucks (US) for the year.

But mainly, it's Black Monday.

Offline colebricht

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »
Hi guys, the site owner is working on this. Regarding the credit card option, when you click on the paypal link there are two options 1) pay with paypal account or 2) pay as guest (no pay pal account). #2 is the credit card option.

It won't even let me get to that menu. It keeps giving me the error message like the screenshot I showed. I tried to PM you with a question but I guess messaging is a paid feature now.

Online annataleen

• Super Waygook
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 12:49:03 PM »

It won't even let me get to that menu. It keeps giving me the error message like the screenshot I showed. I tried to PM you with a question but I guess messaging is a paid feature now.
You have to post 5 times before you can message. Just post two more times and it will open up. I believe it has always been that way.

Offline dc

• Explorer
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 02:44:01 PM »
paypal not working and no credit card option? what's eta on getting this sorted????

Offline gagevt

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
Re: Paid SUb-Cant Acess-sending messages not allowed
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 02:50:17 PM »
Admin, I paid my subscription fee. I see that you are experiencing problems with paypal. When I go to send you my transaction details, I get a message that says I'm not allowed to send messages. Please Help.

Typically you have to post 5 times before you can PM other people, but I think some of that is being waived at the moment, so people can send their details to Arsalan.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Offline heatherrr88

• Explorer
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 04:09:51 PM »
Who do we need to get in touch with if we'd paid and still don't have access to ppt?

Online travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 04:12:12 PM »
Please PM me, so I can keep track and get back to you as soon as I know more. Hopefully tomorrow.
Who do we need to get in touch with if we'd paid and still don't have access to ppt?

Offline Tim811

• Explorer
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 10:21:04 AM »
Don't see the credit card option. I've tried Chrome and I.E. on different computers, but just see theh paypall option.

Offline Hau5fly

• Adventurer
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 11:03:35 AM »
Yeah, sorry. I was quite happy to pay. But it is Thursday now and I have managed just fine without downloading materials. I think payment methods should have been thought through/checked first. Now half the stuff I would have downloaded has gone from this site and some of it is available elsewhere. So unfortunately I am no longer interested in subscribing.

what other sites do you use? ahem, asking for a friend ;)

Offline Chezlinl

• Explorer
Re: Paid SUb-Cant Acess-sending messages not allowed
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 11:29:30 AM »

I have done the same twice, my account is reflecting the transation but I get a message saying that they are experiencing problems.  I also can't send a message. What should I do?

Offline OnIowa91

• Adventurer
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 12:23:41 PM »

Korshare

Offline Schellib39

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 03:29:59 PM »

Korshare

Definitely head over there. I am in the middle of getting all of my materials taken down from here. I hope other users do as well. I would rather take my materials somewhere where they can be shared for FREE...unlike here, where they charge you for other people's work (regardless of how anyone tries to spin it). Oh yeah, paying for a site that STILL runs slow and gives you error messages many times???? :huh:

BTW Korshare is looking great and running very well! Big ups to the creator over there.

Wonder if they will boot me for this (though it breaks none of this site's rules). If you do, please give me the time to take MY MATERIALS down first.
***EDIT I have now taken all of my materials down. Waygook isn't getting a dime from my work and the work that I edited from other users! :wink:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:30:11 PM by Schellib39 »

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment