September 22, 2017, 01:39:43 PM

Author Topic: Dear waygook.org moderators and admins - suggestions MEGATHREAD!  (Read 1276 times)

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Dear waygook.org moderators and admins - suggestions MEGATHREAD!
« on: September 13, 2017, 03:41:55 PM »
Dear (active) waygook.org moderators,

Some suggestions!

Suggestion 1. These following posts violate the terms of service. Perhaps you could moderate them! This is the same message posted multiple times on different boards, and also in the Korea Newsroom board, in which its title doesn't contain a headline, so it's also violating the terms of service there, too.

I posted all the links here, because I felt I could save potential bandwidth costs making one post instead of reporting four posts.

http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,109242.msg726909.html#msg726909

http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,109244.msg726913.html#msg726913

http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,109243.msg726911.html#msg726911

http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,109241.msg726906.html#msg726906

Suggestion 2.

The Moderator List on waygook.org forum Site News, Announcements, and Updates is somewhat out of date and could be updated to give people easier access to the waygook.org moderators.

Waygook.org moderator LVL 3 justanotherwaygook was last active in 2015.
Waygook.org moderator LVL 3 Sara was last active in 2015.
Waygook.org moderator LVL 1 Skyehawks is currently not included on the list.

It's possible there maybe be other moderators who exist but are not on the list. Maybe we could add them!

Perhaps this list could be updated to help people contact current, active moderators.

Suggestion 3.

In the current revision of the Waygook.org Terms of Service, you can find this passage:

Lesson Plans, Games & Templates
- All posted lesson content, games and templates must either be uploaded directly to the site or linked via a third-party file sharing service such as Google Drive, etc. No links to personal blogs or sites are allowed
- Lesson content should be free and available for all users to access

Perhaps this could be revised, as it may be confusing for waygook.org users unable to access lesson content.

Thank you!

As mentioned before, I made a post here rather than send individual reports and PMs in an attempt to save costs on bandwidth. Thank you!

Offline Skyehawks

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Veteran
Re: Dear waygook.org moderators and admins - suggestions MEGATHREAD!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:56:16 PM »
#based, Just checked the links you provided it is indeed a multiple post. I will take care of it.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 04:00:52 PM »
#based, Just checked the links you provided it is indeed a multiple post. I will take care of it.

Thank you, waygook.org moderator Skyehawks!

Also, other waygook.org users, please don't be mislead by the MEGATHREAD in this topic title. This is not a topic in which to bring all your requests or suggestions to moderators. It is, rather, a MEGATHREAD in which I could raise several of my suggestions in one convenient place.

Thank you!

Offline Skyehawks

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
#based, Honestly I don't mind. I read the forums just as much as anyone else (I admit I am a habitual lurker on some threads). But even I don't catch some things. Like I almost never use Korean newsroom, or useful links. So I would have never seen the multiple post.

What I am more surprised by is the user you mentioned only has 3 posts to their name. So I am wondering which moderator approved said multipost.

Thanks for your help, I will post a message to other moderators to keep an eye out for similar posts.

Offline gagevt

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 04:11:12 PM »
Also, Arsalan had brought up the outdated list issue earlier this week with the mods and is in the process of updating it. Should be finished around the end of the week, but if not it shouldn't be too long after.

I believe the ToS will also be updated soon enough, but can't give you an eta there.

Thanks for your suggestions.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 04:15:16 PM »
#based, Honestly I don't mind. I read the forums just as much as anyone else (I admit I am a habitual lurker on some threads). But even I don't catch some things. Like I almost never use Korean newsroom, or useful links. So I would have never seen the multiple post.

What I am more surprised by is the user you mentioned only has 3 posts to their name. So I am wondering which moderator approved said multipost.

Thanks for your help, I will post a message to other moderators to keep an eye out for similar posts.

That's a good question, waygook.org moderator Skyehawks. Because all posts need to be manually approved for first time posters, I believe.

What a strange!

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 04:17:23 PM »
Also, Arsalan had brought up the outdated list issue earlier this week with the mods and is in the process of updating it. Should be finished around the end of the week, but if not it shouldn't be too long after.

I believe the ToS will also be updated soon enough, but can't give you an eta there.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Thank you for your response, waygook.org moderator gagevt.

It seems like when a request comes in, you can 'deal with it.'

(That's a reference to your avatar, that has the caption 'DEAL WITH IT')

Offline IRL_sean

• Explorer
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 05:09:57 PM »
Hello and good day moderators and administrators of this fine site,

I would just wondering if you could not shamelessly steal user's free work they have posted here? Selling items that do not belong to you in the same small town-center market you stole them from isn't ethical. It's actually pretty messed up!

Just wondering if you could correct that error, it's not really something to just brush off, it actually seems like a pretty egregious abuse :)

Thanks for your time!!

Sean
getlost d0t blog

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 05:13:30 PM »
Hello and good day moderators and administrators of this fine site,

I would just wondering if you could not shamelessly steal user's free work they have posted here? Selling items that do not belong to you in the same small town-center market you stole them from isn't ethical. It's actually pretty messed up!

Just wondering if you could correct that error, it's not really something to just brush off, it actually seems like a pretty egregious abuse :)

Thanks for your time!!

Sean

Waygook.org user IRL_sean, please start a new topic if you'd like to make a request or complaint with the moderators. I'd appreciate it if you didn't derail my suggestions MEGATHREAD from its original purpose.

Also, I clearly mentioned:

Also, other waygook.org users, please don't be mislead by the MEGATHREAD in this topic title. This is not a topic in which to bring all your requests or suggestions to moderators. It is, rather, a MEGATHREAD in which I could raise several of my suggestions in one convenient place.

Thank you. Please respect the purity of my post.

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 05:20:34 PM »
You are reserving a whole thread for your own pointless garbage posts?
You dont mind if I post here? Great thanks.

Hey mods, is the admin going to explain the situation fully? Or is this just going to drag on like this? While the site is systematically emptied?

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 05:29:05 PM »
Nice suggestions. Here is another one. You may want to fix the highlighted part. Cheers!

When you first sign in, the "News" section says:

"Welcome to the Waygook community forums.  Feel free to browse the site, and sign up for a free account to have access to lesson plans.  Waygook is geared towards EFL/ESL teachers in South Korea, however we do like to cater and help out fellow waygookins all over.  We are also on facebook for convenience.

Please note that we have implemented a 1 post approval process for new users.  Meaning, a newly registered user with no posts under their belt can post, but will have to wait until a moderator approves it before it shows up.  This is to alleviate any spam posts."

Offline 02sanupp

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 06:18:18 PM »
As mentioned before, I made a post here rather than send individual reports and PMs in an attempt to save costs on bandwidth. Thank you!

If you're that concerned about saving costs on bandwidth, surely you wouldn't have any problem with other people posting their suggestions here too?

Offline Janitor

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Expert Waygook
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 11:26:20 AM »
Nice suggestions. Here is another one. You may want to fix the highlighted part. Cheers!

"Welcome to the Waygook community forums.  Feel free to browse the site, and sign up for a free account to have access to lesson plans.  Waygook is geared towards EFL/ESL teachers in South Korea, however we do like to cater and help out fellow waygookins all over.  We are also on facebook for convenience.

Please note that we have implemented a 1 post approval process for new users.  Meaning, a newly registered user with no posts under their belt can post, but will have to wait until a moderator approves it before it shows up.  This is to alleviate any spam posts."

It has been updated. Please check again and/or refresh your browser.

Offline spearso

• Explorer
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 12:47:36 PM »
OP, you realize a thread is literally a linked chain of comments, thats what the thread in thread evokes. A megathread is one intended to be an immense one, dozens of pages of comments all threaded together. The way comments on forums work create that 'thread' like you see, each comment linking to the next. So please, where you put a weird disclaimer saying no one can post anything even though I'm calling my single comment that's not a thread a megathread, realize that its a public forum, and you posted publicly. If you only wanted to reach out to the moderators, PM. But your mode of communication (i.e. a megathread that's not a meagthread) was poorly thought out. What's more poorly thought out was telling everyone to be quiet and not to derail your 'megathread,' your comment is just fine, no one is touching it and no one is getting in the way of your initial post, in fact, it seems like your post has been answered thoroughly by the mods. So to stifle other voices seems just petty, like you want to 'preserve' your post or something, and for what?

Offline theman3285

• Adventurer
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 12:54:18 PM »
OP, you realize a thread is literally a linked chain of comments, thats what the thread in thread evokes. A megathread is one intended to be an immense one, dozens of pages of comments all threaded together. The way comments on forums work create that 'thread' like you see, each comment linking to the next. So please, where you put a weird disclaimer saying no one can post anything even though I'm calling my single comment that's not a thread a megathread, realize that its a public forum, and you posted publicly. If you only wanted to reach out to the moderators, PM. But your mode of communication (i.e. a megathread that's not a meagthread) was poorly thought out. What's more poorly thought out was telling everyone to be quiet and not to derail your 'megathread,' your comment is just fine, no one is touching it and no one is getting in the way of your initial post, in fact, it seems like your post has been answered thoroughly by the mods. So to stifle other voices seems just petty, like you want to 'preserve' your post or something, and for what?

My thoughts exactly.

Offline sharing17

• Explorer
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »

Hello, I am looking for the way to ask you for help.
I was trying to find out the way to send you and admin a message for asking help relating the subscriptions.
but I couldn't access to the message system when I clicked your ID.
please, let me know how to send you guys a message(I need help). 

Offline gagevt

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 11:05:15 AM »

I was trying to find out the way to send you and admin a message for asking help relating the subscriptions.

You need to make 2-5 posts (not sure at the moment) in order to send PMs to other users. Once you do that, you should be able to PM a moderator or the admin with your question.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 11:45:55 AM »

My thoughts exactly.

I thought it was sarcasm.  Am I the only one who thought so?  I don't think OP actually cares what becomes of this thread. 

Offline sharing17

• Explorer
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 03:07:57 PM »

You need to make 2-5 posts (not sure at the moment) in order to send PMs to other users. Once you do that, you should be able to PM a moderator or the admin with your question.

Why is it so diffucult? :sad:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment