September 25, 2017, 05:15:53 PM

Author Topic: Awkward encounters at men's toilets in Korea  (Read 1711 times)

Offline gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Awkward encounters at men's toilets in Korea
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 11:05:02 PM »
I don't mind. I'm just glad someone is cleaning the place up. On the whole I find Korean toilets to be getting cleaner, more modern and better stocked with soap, toilet paper, and hand towels than they were years ago. However I do miss the squater. 

In Canada and the US I find them to be generally getting worse.
Well traveled are we?

In my experience, hand towels and/or a sufficient number of hand dryers are a given in the U.S., which is not the usual in SK.

Another point is that restroom patrons in SK seem to splash quite a bit while washing their hands (as well as brushing their teeth and washing their feet) so that the sinks and surrounding areas are often flooded.

Even the homeless using the facilities in a U.S. public library don't make such a mess.

Of course, YMMV, especially since you drive for a living.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 01:01:04 AM »
However I do miss the squater. 

I used to, but my aim has improved.

Ah, so you're the dribbler!

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 01:48:08 AM »
The toilet at one of my schools has to be on amnesty international's 'Worst Hellholes on Earth'. Further charm is added as someone is always responsible for leaving Jurassic Park piles of unflushed feces all over... not in, the squat toilet.

I get to school, head to the loo, open the door, and hear what sounds like a walrus having an abortion. I've obviously startled the occupant as I hear him hurriedly zip up his trousers. Out of the stall, walks the PE teacher, who storms for the exit without making eye contact. I notice that not only did he sh*t all round the loo, but in his haste, he trod in his own crap and walked it all over the corridor.

It's been a year and the foul man still avoids me like the plague.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 10:06:17 AM »

I remember the story from Daves or Expatkorea years back about the guy who would take off his trousers and pants and hang them on the back of the toilet door, before using the squat toilet because he was scared about taking a dump in his own pants or peeing all over his trousers.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 10:30:46 AM »
The toilet at one of my schools has to be on amnesty international's 'Worst Hellholes on Earth'. Further charm is added as someone is always responsible for leaving Jurassic Park piles of unflushed feces all over... not in, the squat toilet.

I get to school, head to the loo, open the door, and hear what sounds like a walrus having an abortion. I've obviously startled the occupant as I hear him hurriedly zip up his trousers. Out of the stall, walks the PE teacher, who storms for the exit without making eye contact. I notice that not only did he sh*t all round the loo, but in his haste, he trod in his own crap and walked it all over the corridor.

It's been a year and the foul man still avoids me like the plague.

You didn't lay into him with one of these?  :police:

Either I'm Jeff Goldblum, staring at a monumental pile of BS, or...

The most obscure reference I've ever seen. Oi vey.

:afro: <-- kinda looks like Jeff here~!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:56:30 AM by donovan »

Online DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 10:33:20 AM »

Ah, so you're the dribbler!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
청소아줌마 백 has a good sense of humor ㅋㅋㅋ

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2017, 10:35:30 AM »

I remember the story from Daves or Expatkorea years back about the guy who would take off his trousers and pants and hang them on the back of the toilet door, before using the squat toilet because he was scared about taking a dump in his own pants or peeing all over his trousers.

It might have been more expedient just to carry around emergency pants...

Offline jaysoon17

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 11:56:06 AM »
I was using a restroom where there were 3 urinals. An old man was on the farthest to the right, so I used the urinal on the left side, but it had one of those disabled bars that stuck out for disabled people to use to hold themselves up while going pee. The old man looked at me and told me to pee next to him. I ignored him, but I could see him in the corner of my eye looking me up and down. He got more upset and then spoke even louder saying, "That urinal is for disabled people! Pee next to me!" There was nobody behind me, so I looked at him, shook my head and walked out the of the bathroom.

I was waiting for someone in the lady's room, so the guy saw me when he left and gave me a dirty look. 

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Adventurer
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 12:09:40 PM »
My favourite toilet has inherited an 'out of order' sign on the door. Pretty sure it's still in working order and the cleaner can't be bothered to go to the 3rd floor to clean it anymore.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2017, 02:32:59 PM »

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 02:39:15 PM »
My favourite toilet

;D

I have one too. 3rd from the left. I can spend 15-20 mins in there.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline DivineDimSum

• Explorer
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 03:52:43 PM »
My favourite toilet

;D

I too have a favourite. Maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities Donovan  :wink:
Bwaa

Offline kiwikimchi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 05:01:03 PM »
Men who use the end unrinals or one the furtherest away from an occupied one tend to have confidence issues and/or are beta males and are prone to stage fright.

Men who go to the most central urinals even if beside occupied urinals tend to be alpha males and are more confident of themselves.

Adjoshies just roll up eye ball you up and down, hoyke, then unashamedly see what kind of downstairs operation you're running.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2017, 05:04:57 PM »
My favourite toilet

;D

I too have a favourite. Maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities Donovan  :wink:

I imagine we all do. Just funny to say it like that~ :laugh:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 05:26:21 PM »
Men who use the end unrinals or one the furtherest away from an occupied one tend to have confidence issues and/or are beta males and are prone to stage fright.

Men who go to the most central urinals even if beside occupied urinals tend to be alpha males and are more confident of themselves.

Adjoshies just roll up eye ball you up and down, hoyke, then unashamedly see what kind of downstairs operation you're running.

No, we don't want to make anyone jealous.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline kiwikimchi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2017, 06:14:22 PM »

Oh yes, I forgot to mention this option that applies to me also.

No, we don't want to make anyone jealous.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2017, 12:21:22 AM »
I had been at my PS for about two weeks.

I was going to leave and went into the teachers washroom. Standing at the urinal when my principal walks in.

There were five in a row and I was at the far end and he came and stood directly next to me. Then he starts talking to me which in an of itself isn't that bad. I was about 5 minutes early going out so I was freaking out. Couldn't understand a word he said.

Then he claps me on the back.

All in all, just awkward.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2017, 10:08:30 AM »

With his hand, I hope. 

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2017, 10:24:24 AM »

With his hand, I hope.
:laugh:                                                                                                                                                :huh:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment