September 21, 2017, 09:38:10 PM

Author Topic: Let's Donate  (Read 3919 times)

Offline Boquoi

• Veteran
Re: Let's Donate
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2017, 04:33:02 PM »
Well as Pecan says $20 is as close to free as you can get, I will donate free as soon donations are up again.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2017, 04:36:14 PM »
Well as Pecan says $20 is as close to free as you can get, I will donate free as soon donations are up again.

I think $0.01 is as close to free as you can get  ;D

Offline borlan1

• Waygookin - I can PM now!
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2017, 06:25:46 PM »
This is an invitation to treat for Arsalan. I'll donate up to $10k if you delete Pecan from the entire internet.

Me too!

Offline T.J.

• Adventurer
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2017, 11:39:15 PM »
Why would I donate money to a site that is obviously going to be dead shortly?
"An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock."

-Will Rogers

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2017, 02:05:32 AM »

Actually 1 VND is as close to free as you get.  :P The Vietnamese Dong is the weakest currency in the world -- worth about 20 won per dong.

That's right, dongs are worth about 20 won. You heard it here folks.

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2017, 09:25:42 AM »

Actually 1 VND is as close to free as you get.  :P The Vietnamese Dong is the weakest currency in the world -- worth about 20 won per dong.

$0.01, or one penny, is worth just under 12 Won.

Offline Shoogs

• Explorer
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2017, 09:44:07 AM »
If the owners remove the paywall and subscription, I would also donate $20 once a year.
It isn't right to monetize the works of others without notification.
But mistakes happen all the time with all of us and we all make rash decisions.
This has been a great website that has helped me out no end.
I would not hold any grudge against the earlier decision to monetize were it reversed.
The help this website has offered all of us merits our support and forbearance.
I hope others will give it some thought should the owners change tack.
Cheers and have a great day everyone!

Offline DivineDimSum

• Explorer
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2017, 03:47:33 PM »
If the owners remove the paywall and subscription, I would also donate $20 once a year.
It isn't right to monetize the works of others without notification.
But mistakes happen all the time with all of us and we all make rash decisions.
This has been a great website that has helped me out no end.
I would not hold any grudge against the earlier decision to monetize were it reversed.
The help this website has offered all of us merits our support and forbearance.
I hope others will give it some thought should the owners change tack.
Cheers and have a great day everyone!

Pretty much this.

It's not too late Arsalan
Bwaa

Offline hangook77

• Adventurer
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »
You have to pay to use this site?  Is there another site like this one or is it the same one, I just read read about?  I really am not sure. 

Offline hangook77

• Adventurer
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2017, 07:56:49 PM »
Oh, I just found the site.  It's very simple and not as fancy as this one.  But some veteran posters and contributors were kicked off this site and banned over the last 3 or 4 days in case they tried to remove their uploaded lessons?  Not sure what to think about that.  I just came onto this site and it seems to be a storm.  I hope it can work itself out. 

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2017, 08:04:42 PM »

$0.01, or one penny, is worth just under 12 Won.

Sorry, I totally said that backwards. 1 won is worth 20 dong. Otherwise won would have been the weakest currency. I was tired and sick.

Yeah, 1 penny is about 220 dong.

Offline Alistair

• Adventurer
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
I represent a recruitment company (Korean Horizons) - and what I don't understand is - why not charge recruitment companies to pay for any adverts placed on this site.  This site is for the community; and like other ESL forums / sites / communities - it is the advertiser which pay the up keep. 

I'd be more that happy to pay to advertise.  Dave charges a lot of money to advertise.  Other sites charge varying amounts - what they do not do is charge their community. If you get recruitment companies to advertise the jobs posted will be of a higher quality and you won't see all of the spamming that is currently there.

Anyway - just thought I would add a comment to this.

Offline Ashbery

• Adventurer
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2017, 01:15:56 PM »
You have to pay to use this site?  Is there another site like this one or is it the same one, I just read read about?  I really am not sure.

This site was free to use until the owner decided to use an automatic rifle on both his feet last weekend. 

The new website for the community of teachers who want to share material freely is: http://korshare.jcink.net/

Offline Ashbery

• Adventurer
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2017, 01:16:58 PM »
I represent a recruitment company (Korean Horizons) - and what I don't understand is - why not charge recruitment companies to pay for any adverts placed on this site.  This site is for the community; and like other ESL forums / sites / communities - it is the advertiser which pay the up keep. 

I'd be more that happy to pay to advertise.  Dave charges a lot of money to advertise.  Other sites charge varying amounts - what they do not do is charge their community. If you get recruitment companies to advertise the jobs posted will be of a higher quality and you won't see all of the spamming that is currently there.

Great suggestion! It's a shame that it seems to late already.

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2017, 02:11:23 PM »
Advertisers are already paying but that income is spotty at best.

Great suggestion! It's a shame that it seems to late already.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Offline Alistair

• Adventurer
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2017, 02:25:56 PM »
I'm not paying anything and I advertise whenever I like

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2017, 02:38:58 PM »
Oh, I just found the site.  It's very simple and not as fancy as this one.  But some veteran posters and contributors were kicked off this site and banned over the last 3 or 4 days in case they tried to remove their uploaded lessons?  Not sure what to think about that.  I just came onto this site and it seems to be a storm.  I hope it can work itself out.

Any relation to JejuJohn77, ole pal of Weigook74? Do you like classic rock? :police:

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2017, 02:43:11 PM »
I remember a few months ago someone who had paid for advertising was posting on the forum asking for help becuase he had paid and the ad never went up and the admin wouldn't reply to his messages. Sounds familiar...

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2017, 02:53:00 PM »
I can't speak to that situation but everyone who messaged me has had their accounts fixed promptly.

I remember a few months ago someone who had paid for advertising was posting on the forum asking for help becuase he had paid and the ad never went up and the admin wouldn't reply to his messages. Sounds familiar...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:25:14 PM by travelinpantsgirl »
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2017, 03:12:01 PM »

Any relation to JejuJohn77, ole pal of Weigook74? Do you like know classic rock? :police:

When in Korea... :angel:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment