December 16, 2017, 01:58:48 AM

Author Topic: US flies bombers over Korean peninsula after missile launch, Trump 'disappointed  (Read 2814 times)

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
Re: We got a situation here!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 09:13:02 AM »
Anyone who thinks the U.S. is going to become an international pariah because of Trump is delusional.

The U.S. isn't Donald Trump. It's the corporations, banks, and flow of capital. Russians, Americans, French, British, Canadians, Saudis, Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Italians, Germans, etc. they all invest in each others companies and transfer capital back and forth and conduct business.

Do you really think any of them gives a shit if Donald Trump insults Trudeau or Merkel?

I agree - in that the US has become an international pariah long before Trump.  How many  governments overthrown?  How many revolutions sponsored?  We are not talking influencing the elections here - we're talking straight out military terrorism sponsorship with the goal of assassinating the country's leader and the rest of the government and replacing it with your own puppets. 

The most remarkable thing is how oblivious people are to these historical and not so historical tidbits. I mean the Syria thing is still ongoing.

I know, how dare those running dog Yankee imperialists make South Korea into a stable and prosperous democracy where thousands of foreigners come to make money off teaching? Those bastards!

Offline Piggydee

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 02:19:22 PM »
When I meet or hear other foreigners say "America is the greatest country on Earth!" I'm just liiiiike "ummm really?"   :rolleyes:  Still latched on to the Walt Disney Fantasy I see.  Well just don't get cancer. 

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 02:20:48 PM »
When I meet or hear other foreigners say "America is the greatest country on Earth!" I'm just liiiiike "ummm really?"   :rolleyes:  Still latched on to the Walt Disney Fantasy I see.  Well just don't get cancer.

So what do you think is the greatest country on earth? Sweden?

Offline Piggydee

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 02:22:53 PM »

Yeah I think there are a lot of honorable mentions.  Sweden, Canada, Denmark, England, Singapore. I mean seriously Greatest....I don't think it can be narrowed down to one. 

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 02:37:33 PM »
.I don't think it can be narrowed down to one.

I don't see why not. People do it with other things like rock bands, movies, cities, etc.. There are polls and lists of everything being published all the time.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 03:07:42 PM »
Yeah I think there are a lot of honorable mentions.  Sweden, Canada, Denmark, England, Singapore. I mean seriously Greatest....I don't think it can be narrowed down to one.

One person's great nation is another's villain. People might say Sweden was great, but talk to someone from Norway a couple hundred years ago and they'd have a different view. A person in India in the early 1900s might hear the British talk of greatness and care nothing for it. They'd rather have their baby back that was shot down during a peaceful assembly than all the fabrics and radios that could be offered.

Frequently with nations, a true reckoning of history has to conclude with "not as bad as X" and "the contributions mitigated the atrocities".

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 04:00:28 PM »
Like Steve McQueen, all it need's a fast machine...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8mWdGUaA2g

They don't come any cooler than ol' Steve.

True, but your much maligned moped could be your best friend in this situation!

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 04:11:10 PM »

Yeah we all know America is just THE WORST!

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2017, 04:22:06 PM »

Yeah we all know America is just THE WORST!

It ain't the worst but there's plenty of other places I'd rather be.
Having said that it does have a knack for creating some pretty cool artists and tunes!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:30:20 PM by Adel »

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »

Canada, Singapore?!?

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 04:42:13 PM »
It ain't the worst but there's plenty of other places I'd rather be.

Me too but the question was about whether it's the 'greatest' country in the world. To me that suggests most impressive/powerful or that has achieved the most.

E.g. Citizen Kane might be the greatest movie ever made but it's not the one I'd want to watch the most times. That'd be something like Goodfellas, or The good the bad and the ugly. .

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 04:44:36 PM »
Like Steve McQueen, all it need's a fast machine...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8mWdGUaA2g

They don't come any cooler than ol' Steve.

True, but your much maligned moped could be your best friend in this situation!

Doubtful:

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
Old school advice
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2017, 04:40:17 AM »