November 18, 2017, 11:50:24 PM

Author Topic: US flies bombers over Korean peninsula after missile launch, Trump 'disappointed  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
US flies bombers over Korean peninsula after missile launch, Trump 'disappointed' with China
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-30/north-korean-missile-tests-see-us-bombers-fly-over-peninsula/8757500

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:07:52 AM by taeyang »

Offline gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: We got a situation here!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 08:00:10 PM »
You mean that can that everyone keeps kicking down the road is about to roll no more?

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 08:15:22 PM »
North Korea has acquired the only-known insurance policy against American Invasion.

You can hardly blame them when you see what happens to countries that don't have one.

Trump has no power to do anything, the senate owns him. He's alone in the white house.

Fly a couple of bombers? big deal.

America doesn't want nuclear war. It just likes to have enemies.

All so the 1% can keep extorting that annual trillion dollar budget to spend on themselves.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:16:53 PM by Aurata »
Imagine your Korea...

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 11:10:23 PM »
No issue until north Korea hits land with their missile. It'll be all dick waving until then.

Offline weigookin74

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 08:39:49 AM »
North Korea is pretty f@ken stupid to be playing these games with Trump in the White House.  They need to shut up and quit this stupid $h!t cause it ain't gonna end well for them. 

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 09:23:20 AM »
All so the 1% can keep extorting that annual trillion dollar budget to spend on themselves.
I hate to admit it, but I agree with Aurata on this one.

North Korea is pretty f@ken stupid to be playing these games with Trump in the White House.  They need to shut up and quit this stupid $h!t cause it ain't gonna end well for them. 
Nah. North Korea is just playing the classic game of brinkmanship now that the USSR has left the playing field. I sincerely doubt that they have any intention of escalating to the point where the States is actually forced to do something.
In return, the States benefits from the perceived threat: it keeps the massive military complex in business.
   Cynical individuals might suspect that there's a fair amount of realpolitik happening, with unstated agreements to maintain current levels of (profitable) hostility.

This has been posted before, but I really love how this comic encapsulates the whole NK issue:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:26:58 AM by kyndo »

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 11:07:57 AM »

North Korea isn't a big enough threat on its own however.

Thats why they manufactured the Russia threat.

War-mongering neocons and the military industrial complex do not want to normalize relations with anyone. They fought against Kennedy, Reagan, and now Trump. They do not want peace in the world, it means they'd have no income.
Imagine your Korea...

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 06:34:59 AM »

Call me old-fashioned but I just don't see a stable coherent policy position emanating from the present administration at the moment, let alone America as a whole.
What better distraction from their present woes than a first strike on the not-so-sunny peninsula.
Is such a scenario impossible to envisage?
Our prayers are with thee!

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 07:28:48 AM »

Call me old-fashioned but I just don't see a stable coherent policy position emanating from the present administration at the moment, let alone America as a whole.
What better distraction from their present woes than a first strike on the not-so-sunny peninsula.

The US would risk becoming an international pariah after North Korea levels all major South Korean cities within minutes. The operation would be over quicker than Desert Storm, assuming other major powers don't get drawn into the conflict, whereas low-grade animosity can be sustained indefinitely and ratcheted up/drawn down as necessary. And the US would lose all justification for being on the peninsula, especially if a military campaign ends in Reunification.

The Mooch hardly seems worthy of this.

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 08:10:28 AM »

The US would risk becoming an international pariah after North Korea levels all major South Korean cities within minutes.
The operation would be over quicker than Desert Storm, assuming other major powers don't get drawn into the conflict, whereas low-grade animosity can be sustained indefinitely and ratcheted up/drawn down as necessary. And the US would lose all justification for being on the peninsula, especially if a military campaign ends in Reunification.

I wouldn't put much stock in the fear of becoming an international pariah. Some might say it's a little too late for that but the appointment of John F. Kelly should calm a few nerves.
Still, I'm glad I'm watching from a relatively safe distance, out of artillery range at least.

Offline gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 10:04:20 AM »

The US would risk becoming an international pariah after North Korea levels all major South Korean cities within minutes. The operation would be over quicker than Desert Storm, assuming other major powers don't get drawn into the conflict, whereas low-grade animosity can be sustained indefinitely and ratcheted up/drawn down as necessary. And the US would lose all justification for being on the peninsula, especially if a military campaign ends in Reunification.

Trump doesn't give a hoot about what other countries think.

Lots of conservatives think the US would be better off leaving SK; they don't like buying our products so why should we continue carrying their water?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »
Anyone who thinks the U.S. is going to become an international pariah because of Trump is delusional.

The U.S. isn't Donald Trump. It's the corporations, banks, and flow of capital. Russians, Americans, French, British, Canadians, Saudis, Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Italians, Germans, etc. they all invest in each others companies and transfer capital back and forth and conduct business.

Do you really think any of them gives a shit if Donald Trump insults Trudeau or Merkel?

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 10:43:56 AM »
Anyone who thinks the U.S. is going to become an international pariah because of Trump is delusional.

The U.S. isn't Donald Trump. It's the corporations, banks, and flow of capital. Russians, Americans, French, British, Canadians, Saudis, Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Italians, Germans, etc. they all invest in each others companies and transfer capital back and forth and conduct business.

Do you really think any of them gives a shit if Donald Trump insults Trudeau or Merkel?

Not if he insults Trudeau, Mr. D. If he preemptively strikes a nuclear-armed North Korea!

And yes, Trump is very humorous~ ;D

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »
Not if he insults Trudeau, Mr. D. If he preemptively strikes a nuclear-armed North Korea!

And yes, Trump is very humorous~ ;D

Well, if he goes bonkers and conducts a pre-emptive strike, he would make us a pariah. I doubt that would happen. Someone would put a bullet in him. If the U.S. does such a strike it will be done with the support of Kelly, Mattis, and McMaster, which means they would have touched base with the UK, China, Japan, Korea, etc. That won't result in us becoming a pariah.

But we aren't going to preemptively nuke North Korea. We certainly might preemptively attack them which is, at this point, a rational option.

The situation with North Korea is untenable. If at any point China indicates that they would not oppose regime change, we should do it now and accept the costs.

Offline Tee

• Waygookin
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 11:38:26 AM »
North Korea has acquired the only-known insurance policy against American Invasion.

You can hardly blame them when you see what happens to countries that don't have one.

Trump has no power to do anything, the senate owns him. He's alone in the white house.

Fly a couple of bombers? big deal.

You have hit the nail right on the head my friend.

Unfortunately too many Americans still somehow believe that their country never sponsors terrorism, is honest with their citizens, and plays an honest, saint-like role in the world.

The American economy is solely based on war.   

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »
Unfortunately too many Americans still somehow believe that their country never sponsors terrorism, is honest with their citizens, and plays an honest, saint-like role in the world.

One only has to look at WW2 to see the beginnings of todays corruption.

Roosevelt suppressed all kinds of information that the American people had a right to know.  he deliberately witheld news about e.g. American POWs  suffering brutality at the hands of the Japanese.

Whenever he needed more cash to fight the war he put his propaganda machine into overdrive to get people to buy war bonds.

It was the beginning of today's sinister 'managed news' - which was sealed when bill Clinton finally permitted the sale of the formerly independent media into only six hands. The msm is a propaganda ministry for the same 1% that have contained Trump and extorted massive amounts from the american taxpayer.
Imagine your Korea...

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 03:28:36 PM »

I agree - in that the US has become an international pariah long before Trump.  How many  governments overthrown?  How many revolutions sponsored?  We are not talking influencing the elections here - we're talking straight out military terrorism sponsorship with the goal of assassinating the country's leader and the rest of the government and replacing it with your own puppets. 

The most remarkable thing is how oblivious people are to these historical and not so historical tidbits. I mean the Syria thing is still ongoing.

Offline gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »
Situation update:
The US military has detected "highly unusual and unprecedented levels" of North Korean submarine activity and evidence of an "ejection test" in the days following Pyongyang's second intercontinental ballistic missile launch this month, a defense official told CNN on Monday.
An ejection test examines a missile's "cold-launch system," which uses high pressure steam to propel a missile out of the launch canister into the air before its engines ignite. That helps prevent flames and heat from the engine from damaging either the submarine, submersible barge or any nearby equipment used to launch the missile.

Anyone considering a sea cruise might want to re-think it.

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
Sensible precautions
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 05:35:14 AM »
Perhaps it's time for you folks to start considering exit strategies. 
It might be time to invest in a jerry can of emergency fuel to increase the range of your scooters or even an off road dirt bike in order to make it to one of those airports further south on the east coast.
Steve McQueen style yo!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:37:21 AM by Adel »

Offline gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 08:02:28 AM »
Like Steve McQueen, all it need's a fast machine...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8mWdGUaA2g

They don't come any cooler than ol' Steve.