December 11, 2017, 01:47:58 PM

Author Topic: What's with all the damn braking?  (Read 2306 times)

Offline leaponover

• Veteran
Re: What's with all the damn braking?
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2017, 07:28:59 PM »
Most of the accidents I have seen are around red light cameras on highways.  One guy knows it's there and slows down (considerably!) and another one doesn't care about the ticket and rams him from behind.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2017, 11:59:52 AM »
"During the mandatory lecture and instructional video Korean drivers are taught to 'pump' the brake 3 times to come to a stop."

This is truly bizarre. all modern cars have ABS, and if your car has ABS you absolutely should not pump the brakes. pumping the brakes is to prevent the wheels from locking, but with ABS they aren't going to lock so all you're going to do is take longer to stop, increasing the chances of smashing into the car in front of you. https://www.aaafoundation.org/faqs-anti-lock-braking-system-abs#use

I feel it isn't about locking brakes but about catching the attention of the folks behind you. Flashing brake lights are more attention grabbing than steady ones, and may reduce the risk of being rear-ended by lackwit tailgaters.
Note: I don't pump my brakes.

Time to jump on the dad train...no brakes once you start that one...
Good lord, considering that he already ran towards dad humour, having a baby is only gonna compound it. Or even worse, exponentify it! Dad-jokes2

The alternative to not braking too much,
I dunno. If the cars in front hadn't been braking too much, this would never have happened.  :undecided: :wink:

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:02:24 PM by kyndo »

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2017, 04:00:22 PM »
Time to jump on the dad train...no brakes once you start that one...
Good lord, considering that he already ran towards dad humour, having a baby is only gonna compound it. Or even worse, exponentify it! Dad-jokes2

I'll take it as an invitation! What did the insipid Korean graffiti artist write on the wall?

(You don't have to be a dad to appreciate -- or partake in -- dad humor, as you *well* know, kyndo [veiled references to Happy Tree Friends don't fool anybody]. Just like dad bods and dad braking; any ole schlub can participate!)

Online lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2017, 08:28:22 PM »
I'm in for dead dad jokes!

Offline gflips

• Adventurer
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2017, 12:36:52 AM »
Taxi and bus drivers are so bad that I only use them if I have no other choice. I get horribly motion sick. If the ride is longer than 15m I will have a headache that won't go away until I've slept. It's specifically the brake gas brake gas thing that makes me sick.