July 21, 2017, 05:45:36 PM

Author Topic: For those who have already watched, Game of Thrones 7?  (Read 333 times)

Offline hippo

• Veteran
For those who have already watched, Game of Thrones 7?
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:37:28 PM »
What did you think?

Offline Savant

• Expert Waygook
Re: For those who have already watched, Game of Thrones 7?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 12:04:18 AM »
It was alright. Not enough sh1t cleaning scenes - taking the piss a bit.

Offline sinhead

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 10:29:35 AM »
I seriously can't believe entire minutes were wasted showing that tiresome montage, in the first episode back no less! I can only hope this Samwell plot line leads to something pretty significant, and not just "I found dragonstone on a map, go find it".

Offline DeaneJames

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 10:35:15 AM »
Was a little bit slow but guess it has to set the season up. The montage was a little er... uninspiring.

The worst part for me was the Ed Sheeran cameo. Completely dragged me out of the Westeros reality. The cameos have always been in the background. This one was too blatant and too long. But that's just me.

Other than those two things I loved it.

Offline gagevt

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Expert Waygook
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 11:13:00 AM »
Could have been a bit slow for some people, but I thought most scenes were very significant to building the story and setting for season 7. Overall I really liked the episode.

Sam's montage was cray, but it shows that even though he made it to the Citadel, it still may take more time than they have for Sam to become a maester. He has yet to begin fulfilling the purpose he came for. The Night King is approaching fast and Sam hasn't gotten much closer to becoming the maester he needs to be to provide help and counsel when the time comes. So he breaks some rules, and discovers vital information, the first of such information I'm hoping.

To be honest I just saw a clip of Ed Sheeran on the Ellen Show, and I didn't recognize him in the scene. That said I thought the scene was really cool, though it had me on edge not knowing the intention of the soldiers calling Arya over. You could also tell Arya was struggling with her on intentions. She obviously didn't trust them (she's not naive as she once was) and took note of where their weapons were. She was probably ready to write them off as just mindless soldiers who happily do their ruler's bidding, but after hearing their stories and their own hatred for King's landing perhaps she has second thoughts. Though I don't worry about Arya's safety nearly as much as I used to now that she's a certified bad ass assassinating machine.

Sorry for the long post. I don't have many to talk about the show with these days.

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 11:47:32 AM »
Just saw the last episode of season 7 - you won't believe how it ends!
-  The waygook secretive moderator society  -
- We do not forgive.  We do not forget   -

My PPT stuff - http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,102847.0.html

Online lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
You've watched the last episode for season 7? Do you mean the latest episode, Dragonstone? Or am I further behind than I thought?

Offline DeaneJames

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 12:01:18 PM »

Baiting :P Don't be mean.

Offline Savant

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 12:04:16 PM »

The fat man eats them all?

No wait, that's how Lost ended.

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 12:37:56 PM »

The fat man eats them all?

No wait, that's how Lost ended.

Let's just say it ends with a threesome and the dragon is involved.  It's all rather disturbing.  I'm not surprised they are opting to do prequels next, rather than do a follow up after this morbid ending. 

8)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:51:00 PM by maximmm »
-  The waygook secretive moderator society  -
- We do not forgive.  We do not forget   -

My PPT stuff - http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,102847.0.html

Offline wynislyfe22

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 12:47:44 PM »
I loved it honestly. I'm super stoked Dany is finally in Westeros! The real stuff will start. I was a bit surprised by the Ed Sheeran cameo but i liked it. As another poster said i was also on edge because I didn't know what the soldiers were gonna do nor was I sure what Arya planned but it was nice to see her relaxing for a change even among the men she normally hates. The Sam montage i didn't really like but i think it did a good job of letting us know what exactly it takes to become a Maester. All in all solid episode, I'm ready for the next one.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »
Can we admit that show has been really inconsistent since Season 5? Moments of brilliance surrounding filler, indifferent storytelling, non-progressing characterization (with a few exceptions), and diminishing emotional impact.

Honestly, I don't think George RR Martin has much of a clue about the whole thing (hence why he can't finish his damn books). And if it really does turn out to be J+L or whatever the crap, and it's amazing girl power Dany and Jon Snow uniting to save the world, then just wrap up this crap now and get to the spinoff series of Bronn, Tyrion, and Varys traveling the world or whatever.

Danaerys is insufferable and the show's double down on 'girl power' might have been interesting 10-20 years ago, but now just seems forced (wooo she freed slaves. Slavery is evil- what a cheap way to get sympathy, might as well make them Commie-Nazis). Sam aka 'Dewey the Sheriff' from the Scream movies is boring me with his fat guy doofus routine. Kit Harrington apparently got lessons from the Michelle Rodriguez school of acting- scowl a lot. A show where initially "no one was safe" is now at the point where everyone is safe. By the time the army of snow zombies reaches the wall it will be summer. All the interesting characters with good actors are dead. The dialogue has become stilted. I like a good meeting and planning session as much as the next person (I'm a Star Trek TNG fan) but even Captain Picard would think the people are having one too many meetings.

I'll keep on watching, but at this point it's safe to say- This show kind of sucks now.

Offline michaelodwyer23

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 04:32:18 PM »
Does anyone have any theories about the possible fight with the dragons and White Walkers?   Those undead don't look like they can shoot bows...... so the last episode is "Hey, Queen Breaker of Chains, etc....can you send the dragons and kill the undead?" "Yeah..... sure.  "  Then dragons strafe the zombies to oblivion.   The White Walkers seem to be able to manipulate weather so maybe they can create storms that ground the dragons.   

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment