August 24, 2017, 06:34:57 AM

Author Topic: Psychiatrist or Psychologist in Daejeon?  (Read 321 times)

Offline mikeandike

• Waygookin
Psychiatrist or Psychologist in Daejeon?
« on: July 17, 2017, 10:44:04 PM »
I've been having a pretty hard time lately, and would really like someone to talk to without having to travel all the way to Seoul. Has to be fluent in English. I'm not sure if I need a psychiatrist or a psychologist or just counseling, would love both options

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
Re: Psychiatrist or Psychologist in Daejeon?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 02:01:35 PM »
I've been having a pretty hard time lately, and would really like someone to talk to without having to travel all the way to Seoul. Has to be fluent in English. I'm not sure if I need a psychiatrist or a psychologist or just counseling, would love both options
    Unfortunately, I can't really recommend anybody, but I thought I would offer a bit of advice that you probably already know: if you do see a councilor, do *not* let your coworkers or school know about it, even if you are on excellent terms with them.

It might sound like a pretty obvious thing to say, but over the years I've read some pretty sad stories on Waygook about the results of letting one's school know details about one's personal situation.  :sad:

Best of luck finding what you're looking for!

Offline mikeandike

• Waygookin
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 11:08:02 PM »
Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, I've heard the same. I think the stigma around mental health isn't ideal here

Offline thunderlips

• Expert Waygook
  • It's got electrolytes.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 10:58:38 AM »
Holly Hay, MA in Counseling (American) Daejeon City,
Meditation Addictions Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Eating Disorders Couples counseling.
Anger management Depression Intercultural counseling.
Email: TriangleWellness_at_gmail_dot_com Phone: 010-5808-0306

Also you can do counseling online through skype with some counselors. Just google search it.
Knowing is half the battle.

www.impeachdonaldtrumpnow.org

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment