November 19, 2017, 01:46:52 AM

Author Topic: Fairy Bread? Is that really a thing?  (Read 1280 times)

Offline VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Expert Waygook
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
Re: Fairy Bread? Is that really a thing?
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 04:46:16 AM »
Hey, whatever makes your yeast rise.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 02:54:52 PM »
I find that they taste infinitely better when you call them 'muisjes'.
Also, according to this article, they help stimulate the production of breastmilk. So there's that.

Lekker stuk beschuit met muisjes. Nothing better!
Well, I may have to make some for my wife then. Or perhaps I'll make a double-batch and have some myself so I can relieve her of her duties. They must be no normal sprinkles (they look more like Dippin' Dots) as it's hard to believe the right balance of sugar, corn starch, corn syrup, and food coloring would have breast-milk-stimulating properties. Or could the article be referencing an industry-funded study? I hear commercials featuring their corporate mascot promote brain-stimulating neural oscillations in toddlers. :afro:
Tripping out on chocolate frosted sugar bombs would definitely make the kiddos' brains oscillate!

As for muisjes, they're a bit different than the sprinkles here in that they contain a lot of anise, which is traditionally thought to help women produce milk. I'm pretty sure it's all hokey bs, but considering that it's also thought to have an carminative effect, it can't hurt to dose up on it every once in a while!  :smiley:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 06:01:02 PM »
it's also thought to have an carminative effect, it can't hurt to dose up on it every once in a while!  :smiley:

Have we shared a subway car before? :huh: