November 24, 2017, 03:20:46 PM

Author Topic: Marijuana increases risk of schizophrenia, psychosis and heart attacks  (Read 2315 times)

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
I don't have kids.

People I admire- intellectual giants Sam Harris, Robert Greene, Joe Rogan- spoke positively of psychedelics. 

If you had kids, would you give them LSD?
No.

I wouldn't give them tobacco or alcohol either.
Ideally, I would prefer my kids to to not use any kind of mind / mood altering substances.

Exactly.

People come out with a lot of pretentious opinions on internet forums in order to seek attention, but they don't pass the acid test. ie they can never answer a straight question.

Obviously lifeimprovement doesn't actually believe lsd is beneficial to the human body, like he pretends, because he wouldn't give it to his kids.

Imagine your Korea...

Offline fas6pa

• Adventurer
I don't have kids.

People I admire- intellectual giants Sam Harris, Robert Greene, Joe Rogan- spoke positively of psychedelics. 

No.

Ideally, I would prefer my kids to to not use any kind of mind / mood altering substances.

Exactly.

People come out with a lot of pretentious opinions on internet forums in order to seek attention, but they don't pass the acid test. ie they can never answer a straight question.

Obviously lifeimprovement doesn't actually believe lsd is beneficial to the human body, like he pretends, because he wouldn't give it to his kids.

That doesn't make sense. Substances like alcohol/tobacco/weed/lsd will always be bad for people that are developing so of course you shouldn't give it to any kids. But once they're adults and they can make their own decisions then it should be fine.

Offline parkerynp

• Waygookin
Marijuana being a schedule 1 drug means significant study on its effects is severely limited.

If you've never tried it or actively used it for periods of time then you have ZERO credibility in assessing its positive or negative properties.  The world would be a better place if more people smoked bud or at least have tried it.

Online Arabin

• Veteran
People commit suicide on a bad trip? How common is that? Sounds like a 'reefer madness' story.

I don't have kids. You do?

With you on aurata's reefer madness crusade (despite him posting like someone on blotter acid).

But Joe Rogan as an intellectual giant? Even with Amsterdam's finest herbal products in my lungs I would not call him that.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
I don't know who is more stupid- the anti drug crowd or the "Your life is empty if you haven't tried it maaan" crowd.

I don't know who is more stupid - the ones who only see only the 'black' or the 'white' in every situation.

Thank you for echoing my sentiment exactly.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
But Joe Rogan as an intellectual giant? Even with Amsterdam's finest herbal products in my lungs I would not call him that.

He's a smart guy for sure.
http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/how-joe-rogan-went-from-ufc-announcer-to-21st-century-timothy-leary-20151022
He has one of the most listened to podcasts out there. You don't get that way by being a dummy.

In August 2010, nine months after its launch, it entered list of Top 100 podcasts on iTunes.[11] The podcast was voted Best Comedy Podcast of 2012 by users of iTunes.[20] In February 2014, the podcast won a Stitcher Award for Best Overall Show at its 2013 edition of its awards.[21] In January 2015, the podcast was listened to by over 11 million people.[22] By March of 2017, it had grown to acquire 100 million downloads a month.[23][24][25]

Offline atlantic81

• Adventurer
Trump is President. He got that way by being a dummy.

So... while I can't say that the pod cast is good or bad... it could be.

Popular doesn't equal right... or good for that matter. But that being said the fans of the show are very... fanatical.

Online Arabin

• Veteran

He's a smart guy for sure.
http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/how-joe-rogan-went-from-ufc-announcer-to-21st-century-timothy-leary-20151022
He has one of the most listened to podcasts out there. You don't get that way by being a dummy.

In August 2010, nine months after its launch, it entered list of Top 100 podcasts on iTunes.[11] The podcast was voted Best Comedy Podcast of 2012 by users of iTunes.[20] In February 2014, the podcast won a Stitcher Award for Best Overall Show at its 2013 edition of its awards.[21] In January 2015, the podcast was listened to by over 11 million people.[22] By March of 2017, it had grown to acquire 100 million downloads a month.[23][24][25]

Smart yes. I like his podcasts though not the UFC or celeb ones. I like that he will do 4 hours straight. He does bring in some very interesting people. Dr Carl Hart about crack cocaine was fascinating.

But he himself proffers very little in terms of thinking. He has created a very good platform for others to express. Some good, some bad. It's laudable but it doesn't make human intellectual giant. It makes him media savvy

And Sam Harris was innovative a decade ago. Now he's painted himself into a corner of bitch-slapping religious whackjobs (subpar Hitchens) and bringing academic credence to Islamophobic rabble-rousing tossers

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
I don't have kids.

No.

Exactly.

That doesn't make sense. Substances like alcohol/tobacco/weed/lsd will always be bad for people that are developing so of course you shouldn't give it to any kids. But once they're adults and they can make their own decisions then it should be fine.

Lol so alcohol, tobacco smoking and lsd are only harmful to kids but not adults?

I think all the doctors who have to treat millions of cases of terminal lung cancer each year would disagree with your assertion that 'everything should be fine'.
Imagine your Korea...

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
Dr Carl Hart about crack cocaine was fascinating.