September 25, 2017, 05:00:16 PM

Author Topic: Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic  (Read 10139 times)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
Re: Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 05:25:11 PM »
But don't tell anybody that you did this or else you will get several forum pages' worth of waygooks telling you how darn cheap you are and how cheap people are disgusting.

Does that count as Financial Hack #2?
F'in 'ell, I remember that. What a shitshow. What a blessed life I would lead if I could not give a shit about 60 000 a year for 3 mins worth of work.

I think it turned out to be closer to 2000KRW per month, but you're right, let's not revisit that sordid episode. And kyndo, I'll be numbering the Financial Hacks, thank you very much. At least until What?What? gives you express permission to do so~ :afro:

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 05:30:50 PM »
But don't tell anybody that you did this or else you will get several forum pages' worth of waygooks telling you how darn cheap you are and how cheap people are disgusting.

Does that count as Financial Hack #2?
F'in 'ell, I remember that. What a shitshow. What a blessed life I would lead if I could not give a shit about 60 000 a year for 3 mins worth of work.

I think it turned out to be closer to 2000KRW per month, but you're right, let's not revisit that sordid episode. And kyndo, I'll be numbering the Financial Hacks, thank you very much. At least until What?What? gives you express permission to do so~ :afro:

I am hardly the person to give permission to anyone, however, my suggestion would be that Waygook.org user #Kyndo numbers his contributed financial hack as #1.1 or #1(a)

BUT please note that IMO this should all be at the permission of Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 05:34:29 PM »
Clothing lifehacks:

- Pet hair on your clothes? Take some tape, the thicker the better, and tape it loosely around your
  four fingers to make a loose ring. Dab the pet hair off and simply rotate the ring of tape as it gets
  covered.

- Best way to dry and iron wet clothes is to iron them while they're damp, not dry. Take them out
  the machine and start ironing immediately. If they're completely soaked, wrap them in a towel
  and wait a few minutes. Iron clothes until wrinkle free, don't waste time ironing them bone dry.
  Hang the slightly damp clothes on a drying rack and have a fan blowing into them... You'll have
  dry, wrinkle free clothes in a fraction of the time.

- Sweaty pits by 9AM? The weather's getting hotter and some people sweat a lot, leading to B.O!
  You can wear a dress shirt during the hottest months and still smell fresh as a daisy.
  Undershirts! Get some good cotton undershirts and wear them under your shirts, no exceptions!
  You'll feel cooler, save time and money washing sweat stains off your shirts and you won't smell.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 05:40:45 PM »

Undershirts! Get some good cotton undershirts and wear them under your shirts, no exceptions!

Koreans have a real problem with undershirts peeking out around the neck line, but I have not been able to find undershirts that have a wide enough neck not to show somewhat, especially undershirts that have sleeves that can cover the pits. Even my runners end up showing a bit under a sweater. How do Koreans do it?  Or, how do *you* do it, life hacker?

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 05:43:49 PM »
Lifehack 4.

If you have cheese and it has mold on it, just cut the mold off. You don't have to throw the cheese away.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2017, 05:51:18 PM »
Lifehack 4.

If you have cheese and it has mold on it, just cut the mold off. You don't have to throw the cheese away.

What about Blue Cheese or Roquefort?
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2017, 05:58:54 PM »
THese aren't lifehacks per se, but they are rules to live by.

Always have a bottle of nice whiskey at home.
Always have a box of chocolates at your work desk. Real chocolates. Not Lindt or Ferrero.
Always have a spare T-money card with 5,000 won on it.
Always have at least 2 batteries and chargers for your phone.
Always know an ajosshi you can call to bail you out of trouble.
Always know an ajumma you can call to yell at some peon behind a desk.
Always know a goon.
Always know a lawyer.
Always know a floozy.
Always know someone who can repair anything.

Between baking soda, bleach, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, and olive oil, you can handle just about anything. Those 6 will save your butt time and time again.

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 06:02:30 PM »

Koreans have a real problem with undershirts peeking out around the neck line, but I have not been able to find undershirts that have a wide enough neck not to show somewhat, especially undershirts that have sleeves that can cover the pits. Even my runners end up showing a bit under a sweater. How do Koreans do it?  Or, how do *you* do it, life hacker?

They cost a bit, but these were probably the smartest of my clothing investments, mine have paid for themselves many times over. They make deep and shallow v-necks as well.
https://www.thompsontee.com/

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2017, 06:07:20 PM »

They cost a bit, but these were probably the smartest of my clothing investments, mine have paid for themselves many times over. They make deep and shallow v-necks as well.

Looks like they still wouldn't hang low enough on my shoulders to not be visible.  And, where does the sweat.. go, exactly?

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2017, 06:07:47 PM »

Always have a box of chocolates at your work desk. Real chocolates. Not Lindt or Ferrero.
Always know a goon.
Always know a lawyer.
Always know a floozy.

Between baking soda, bleach, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, and olive oil, you can handle just about anything. Those 6 will save your butt time and time again.

For years now I have disagreed with just about everything you say .... and now, in the last two weeks I have wholeheartedly agreed with you on 3 occasions. What is happening?
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 06:13:43 PM »
My favorite one...

Open pistachios with the shell of one you've already eaten, like so:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 06:14:23 PM »

Always know a goon.
Always know a lawyer.
Always know a floozy.

For years now I have disagreed with just about everything you say .... and now, in the last two weeks I have wholeheartedly agreed with you on 3 occasions. What is happening?

Same, hahahah
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 06:20:03 PM »
My favorite one...

Open pistachios with the shell of one you've already eaten, like so:

Oh man where was this life hack last week before I finished off my 1.25kg sack of Costco pistachios :'(

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 08:06:16 PM »
When you use part of a pepper or onion, dice the rest of it and freeze in a sandwich bag. Use in omelettes or sauces next time you need it.

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 08:26:48 PM »

Looks like they still wouldn't hang low enough on my shoulders to not be visible.  And, where does the sweat.. go, exactly?

You will sweat, it's just got some armpit padding that absorbs it and stops it from staining your shirt. You'll sweat but it won't stain your shirts or stink.

I can leave three buttons open (not that I would) and you won't see the undershirt, just get the deep v-neck.
If your undershirt is popping out for any reason other than your shirt not being buttoned up fully, then your shirts are way too big.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:27:43 PM by Aristocrat »

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
  • Today we are all root beer
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 10:03:42 PM »
Lifehacks from a Floridian:

1.0: avoid polyester like the plague! I don't care if Koreans or weird foreigners claim that it makes them feel cooler, they are lying and blaspheming the God Cotton! All hail cotton!

1.1b: never drive anything but a white car. It will stay cooler in the summer, and in the famous Korean winter you can hide it in the snow from polar bears!

2.xxx: always walk in the shade and always park in the shade, or you will die! This is probably more applicable to Florida than Korea.

Offline thunderlips

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2017, 10:13:09 PM »
When you use part of a pepper or onion, dice the rest of it and freeze in a sandwich bag. Use in omelettes or sauces next time you need it.

Also pop the onion in the freezer for 5 minutes prior to chopping to reduce the tear makers.
I always forget to.
Cook larger portions as leftovers to be frozen for days you don't feel like cooking.

Financial tip> make a budget plan for every month and stick to it. Consider money put into  savings as paying a bill, not an optional choice.

Health tip> take the stairs when feasible. Same for biking, but probably not in Korea.

Make a list of your errands before you leave the house.

Use a tumbler for coffee, tea, water,  etc.

Get enough sleep.

Crap everday at least once.

Buy fruits and veggies from the farmers market or 5 day markets here.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2017, 10:42:50 PM »

1.0: avoid polyester like the plague! I don't care if Koreans or weird foreigners claim that it makes them feel cooler, they are lying and blaspheming the God Cotton! All hail cotton!

Heck yes!

Linen, silk, bamboo, and wool (Italian for summer, British for Winter) are the only acceptable alternatives.

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 11:11:17 PM »

Heck yes!

Linen, silk, bamboo, and wool (Italian for summer, British for Winter) are the only acceptable alternatives.

Italian for Summer, British for Winter... you stole my motto!

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
  • Today we are all root beer
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2017, 11:44:22 PM »
Linen is a no-go in Worst Korea because it's so wrinkly, and I try to avoid ironing as much as possible because it's a stupid thing that peasants do. King Cotton is a lot less wrinkly!

Also wool is the devil! Except in winter, then it's fine as an outer layer. But you'd have to be smoking crack to think scratchy, itchy wool was worth wearing in summer when you could be wearing cool, breathable cotton clothes.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment