September 21, 2017, 09:37:53 PM

Author Topic: Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic  (Read 9815 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »
Lifehack 9.

If you have a lot of tomatoes and you can't eat them all before they go bad, because you bought too many, put them in a blender and make tomato juice. This can also be done with cucumbers.

Buying lots of fruit at a time is a good way to save money.

I cut the stem off (with 45 degree conical cut) and freeze them.
When I want to make a sauce, I put them into boiling water for a second or three, and the peals come off easily.

This is literally a good idea and I'm going to try this.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2017, 06:02:30 PM »
Lifehack 9.

If you have a lot of tomatoes and you can't eat them all before they go bad, because you bought too many, put them in a blender and make tomato juice. This can also be done with cucumbers.

When I want to make a sauce, I put them into boiling water for a second or three, and the peals come off easily.

Not to save them, but to get the peels off really quickly. Drop them (whole) into water that is already at a rolling boil. Wait until the peel breaks, and them scoop them out and drop them in a large bowl that has ice water in it. If you do that, they will also peel right off.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2017, 06:11:23 PM »
Lifehack 9.

Nice! I don't know why I never considered freezing tomatoes. I even started buying them canned because the fresh ones always went bad, but I usually end up blanching them for a sauce anyway so your idea is really good!

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2017, 09:30:34 PM »
Catch moths using a mousetrap baited with a sweater

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2017, 10:49:49 AM »
This time of year, when it gets hot an humid, use the thinnest towels you have so that they dry more quickly and get less musty smelling.

Also, rinse your feet with cold water before you leave the shower to reduce sweating as you towel off.

Offline Arabin

• Veteran
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2017, 11:18:12 AM »
This time of year, when it gets hot an humid, use the thinnest towels you have so that they dry more quickly and get less musty smelling.

Also, rinse your feet with cold water before you leave the shower to reduce sweating as you towel off.

Underwear. Freezer.

You'll thank me.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2017, 11:33:57 AM »
Reminds me, I need to buy one of those cooling eye masks that you keep in the freezer until you're ready to use it. The skin under my eyes always swell up during Summer, giving me bags.

Tip: Cooling eye masks help improve baggy eyes.

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »
Reminds me, I need to buy one of those cooling eye masks that you keep in the freezer until you're ready to use it. The skin under my eyes always swell up during Summer, giving me bags.

I use chilled cucumber slices in the summer.  They work well.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2017, 01:28:48 PM »

Yeah, I've used those with good results, too, and I think they're even more effective than the cooling masks, actually. But I don't like how they feel on my eyes. xD

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2017, 01:33:45 PM »

Yeah, I've used those with good results, too, and I think they're even more effective than the cooling masks, actually. But I don't like how they feel on my eyes. xD
I haven't used one of those cooling masks since I was in elementary school and stole one of my mom's to use and it burst in my bed. But I saw a watermelon one at Art Box that I considered buying...

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2017, 01:53:55 PM »
I haven't used one of those cooling masks since I was in elementary school and stole one of my mom's to use and it burst in my bed. But I saw a watermelon one at Art Box that I considered buying...

I can't find the one I used last year, lol. No idea what I did with it.

Yeah, I saw the one you're talking about in Artbox, too, and I'll probably stop by there today to pick up a new mask. I've just been holding off to see if I could find my old one.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2017, 02:04:14 PM »

Yeah, I saw the one you're talking about in Artbox, too, and I'll probably stop by there today to pick up a new mask. I've just been holding off to see if I could find my old one.

Lifehack:

You will find a list item soon after paying for a replacement.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2017, 02:16:18 PM »
Lifehack:

You will find a list item soon after paying for a replacement.

That's not a lifehack. That's a fact of life.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2017, 02:48:08 PM »
Lifehack 10.

After using cucumber slices on your eyes to reduce puffiness, eat the cucumber slices for a crunchy snack.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2017, 03:29:03 PM »

Oh, if you do, can you report back on how well it works? I mean, I know it's not a hard to work, but I guess just how well it holds up. It's burstability.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2017, 05:39:14 PM »

Oh, if you do, can you report back on how well it works? I mean, I know it's not a hard to work, but I guess just how well it holds up. It's burstability.

Sure. The ones I've owned in the past never burst on me, thankfully, so I don't really expect this one to, but I'll take a good look at the way it's made.

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2017, 06:30:02 PM »
A Barbie doll cut in two and stuffed into half a fish makes an ideal Little Mermaid for a girl's Christmas or birthday present

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2017, 10:21:12 AM »
A Barbie doll cut in two and stuffed into half a fish makes an ideal Little Mermaid for a girl's Christmas or birthday present

Right? Nice life hack!

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2017, 10:33:51 AM »
Small lengths of rubber pipe make ideal 'skin tight suits' for worms. Roll the worm in talcum powder first to ensure a comfortable fit

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2017, 10:41:09 AM »
Small lengths of rubber pipe make ideal 'skin tight suits' for worms. Roll the worm in talcum powder first to ensure a comfortable fit

I feel like I should smoke it.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment