July 21, 2017, 05:47:01 PM

Author Topic: Cadbury helppp  (Read 1620 times)

Offline bigfishlittlefish

• Adventurer
Re: Cadbury helppp
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2017, 04:32:56 PM »
Lotte Ghana number 1

True Chocolate

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2017, 04:40:35 PM »
Ya'll need some serious help when it comes to chocolate. Might as well be arguing over which is better- Maxwell House or Taster's Choice.

Cue someone chiming in with their Folger's Toblerone or Nescafe Ferrero Rocher. At least get something that is the Chock Full O' Nuts of processed mass market chocolate.

What do you have against Toblerone or Ferrero Rocher?

Relying on nuts to enjoy chocolate or "chocolate" is a cheat.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 05:16:10 PM »

Nothing. I like a good 6 piece Chicken McNuggets every now and then. But once you go up a level in chocolate, it's really hard to go back. It's like coffee. Lindt, Hershey's, Ghana, all of that is really like drinking Folger's from a crappy coffee maker vs. fresh roasted, fresh ground single origin coffee (or a nice professional blend) hand drip.

It's that look on your face when someone says "Let's go out for coffee" and they roll into Dunkin Donuts. When they say "Whiskey tonight?" and its a bottle of Jim Beam. 

If you want chocolate, you owe it to yourself to at least try some of the various upscale chocolate shops. There's Laderach, Debauve & Gallais, and Teuscher here. Or you could try the local stores like Chateau Chocolat or Piaf. Chateau Chocolat's single origin dark chocolates are certainly worth a try. Laderach's black tea-infused chocolate truffle is wonderful.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2017, 05:42:36 PM »
I don't think any thread has ever taken a more enjoyable turn than this.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • The octopus has a big clock.
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2017, 05:57:55 PM »
Is chocolate a metaphor or tool of nationalism in this thread? Or is chocolate, chocolate?
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 06:20:01 PM »
Is chocolate a metaphor or tool of nationalism in this thread? Or is chocolate, chocolate?

Either way, guess I'm neutral  :-*  Swiss chocolate!!

Offline Epistemology

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Philosopher extraordinaire
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 06:21:54 PM »

If you want chocolate, you owe it to yourself to at least try some of the various upscale chocolate shops. There's Laderach, Debauve & Gallais, and Teuscher here. Or you could try the local stores like Chateau Chocolat or Piaf. Chateau Chocolat's single origin dark chocolates are certainly worth a try. Laderach's black tea-infused chocolate truffle is wonderful.

No, you owe it to yourself to learn to make your own chocolates if you happen to like chocolate. The resources that go into those upscale chocolate shops here are a fraction of the cost of the price they try to make you pay for it. Sure go to the rip off sub-par chocolate shops, but only if you like taking it up the proverbial financial jacksie.

The most complicated part of making a praline is sourcing good quality molds for it, which are admittedly lackluster in Korea. Get hold of them though and with a few months of practice and a selection of some good oils/powders and extracts to flavor the ganache filling and you'll be making your own, custom flavoured ones that you can enjoy
The more you know.

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2017, 04:24:49 AM »
Lotte Ghana number 1

True Chocolate

That's imperial Japanese chocolate!

Do you know dokdo?

I'd eat any other chocolate than Lotte! I want aero bars in Korea!

Offline bigfishlittlefish

• Adventurer
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2017, 10:41:58 AM »
Lotte Ghana number 1

True Chocolate

That's imperial Japanese chocolate!

Do you know dokdo?

I'd eat any other chocolate than Lotte! I want aero bars in Korea!

I know, but I get confused by the spelling..

T...a...k...e...s....h...i??

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment