August 19, 2017, 08:10:21 PM

Author Topic: Recommendations for Plus-size Men's Shoes >275  (Read 477 times)

Offline Talawsohu

• Adventurer
Recommendations for Plus-size Men's Shoes >275
« on: April 21, 2017, 05:22:36 PM »
What are the best, most consistent places to buy quality large-size shoes nowadays? In the past, I've tried ASOS, ABC shoes, browsing Itaewon, and currently use GMarket. However, I just can't find a supplier with a good selection that isn't overseas.

Any advice? (Shoe size = 285-290)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: Recommendations for Plus-size Men's Shoes >275
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 05:33:42 PM »
What are the best, most consistent places to buy quality large-size shoes nowadays? In the past, I've tried ASOS, ABC shoes, browsing Itaewon, and currently use GMarket. However, I just can't find a supplier with a good selection that isn't overseas.

I'm 280 in most shoes, and literally every ABC Mart, Les More, Folder, Shoopen, online shop, etc has carried that size. But, you're 285-290. I find that whenever I buy Converse or Vans, I generally have to size down to 270, so a 280 would probably fit more like a 285-290.

You may be looking for slightly more dressy shoes, though - in which case I have nothing good to suggest, really. Although I've tried on some 290s at Aldo a few times when the 280s were a bit tight. So, try Aldo if there's one near you / online.

Sorry for the partial advice =/

Offline Talawsohu

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 06:22:35 PM »

I'm 280 in most shoes, and literally every ABC Mart, Les More, Folder, Shoopen, online shop, etc has carried that size. But, you're 285-290. I find that whenever I buy Converse or Vans, I generally have to size down to 270, so a 280 would probably fit more like a 285-290.

You may be looking for slightly more dressy shoes, though - in which case I have nothing good to suggest, really. Although I've tried on some 290s at Aldo a few times when the 280s were a bit tight. So, try Aldo if there's one near you / online.

Sorry for the partial advice =/

The Vans/ Converse info is actually helpful. 285 is my downsize, unfortunately, so 280 is too tight. Thanks, though! I will take any advice!

Offline cuthza

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 05:44:07 PM »
I intend to order from here: http://www.ngoods.com/

Problem is I like to try them on first...

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
  • Today we are all root beer
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 05:57:46 PM »
I wear 290 (size 11) normal in the US, but all the "normal" big shoes here are incredibly narrow, and it's rare to see "wide" sizes. I used to be able to get 290 shoes here and there that were wide enough, but the last couple times I went shopping everything was incredibly narrow. I have some non-wide Reeboks that fit perfectly but need replacing, so I tried ordering some Reeboks from Gmarket, and they are way too narrow. I give up and I'm just going to wait until I go to the US again to buy new shoes.

Offline tanis62458

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 06:22:56 PM »
i go to costco to buy my shoes now.  i wear 285/ 10.5 US size.  brands are limited but they at least fit properly.  If i can't find anything there, it's either ABC mart or Vans.  i miss my old BKs :-[

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 12:01:01 AM »
I wear 290 (size 11) normal in the US, but all the "normal" big shoes here are incredibly narrow, and it's rare to see "wide" sizes. ...

I wear 270 (US 9, EU43), but my feet are wide and tall in the mid-foot.

I cannot wear shoes made in Italy or China.

Germany, France, and India are usually fine.

Korean shoes are hit-or-miss.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 10:59:36 AM »
I wear 330s. US size 15. Itaewon has a place called "왕발" that has a decent selection. Outlet stores will also often have larger sizes in stock.

Offline Skyehawks

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 11:06:37 AM »
Lurch has the right place. I am size 300-310. Very hard to find shoes near me that carry, but that store is your friend.

Offline Skyehawks

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 11:08:39 AM »
Something else you can consider. Here it is cheap enough. Maybe find a store that can do custom shoe orders. And get some shoes custom made.

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment