April 23, 2017, 07:03:45 PM

Author Topic: Bank robbed by a bike riding foreigner??  (Read 1294 times)

Offline donovan

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Bank robbed by a bike riding foreigner??
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 04:24:54 PM »
A few years ago a foreign English teacher did rob a convenience store by emptying the cash register and threatening the staff.

IIRC he was apprehended pretty fast and there were no government retaliations against E-2s.
That was in Gyeongsan too, iirc. Makes me proud to be part of the foreigner population in this fair city (I live in an -eup not too far away)!  :azn:

Kyndo, aren't you a bit of a biker?  How's your Korean? :police:

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 06:01:55 PM »
A few years ago a foreign English teacher did rob a convenience store by emptying the cash register and threatening the staff.
IIRC he was apprehended pretty fast and there were no government retaliations against E-2s.
That was in Gyeongsan too, iirc. Makes me proud to be part of the foreigner population in this fair city (I live in an -eup not too far away)!  :azn:
Yeah, I like biking! Especially now that I can afford the brand new titanium T1SL frame with carved chrome lugs that I've been... uh... hmm... :lipsrsealed:
...my Korean is...uh...fair? Not perfect by any means, but all my coworkers agree that my "안녕하세요" is spot on!

Offline gogators!

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 10:00:30 PM »

They probably just gave him the wrong change and he decided to take it to the next level.

Offline gogators!

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 10:05:49 PM »
Yeah, I like biking! Especially now that I can afford the brand new titanium T1SL frame with carved chrome lugs that I've been... uh... hmm... :lipsrsealed:
...my Korean is...uh...fair? Not perfect by any means, but all my coworkers agree that my "안녕하세요" is spot on!
Buy a good lock: https://www.facebook.com/reddotchisoo/videos/pcb.1898701530351441/1898696823685245/?type=3&theater

Offline sligo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 01:06:43 AM »
If they identified him as a "Foreigner" by his Korean, then his appearnace must have been similar to Koreans.  Again, lumping 99% of the world's population together with a single term is stupid.  Why not use the term "Asian" in this case?

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 07:24:07 PM »
Chinese people and other Asians are by far the majority of the "foreigners" here, yet there's still this idea among waygooks and Koreans that most foreigners here are Westerners, and that most foreigner crime/problems are caused by Westerners.

Offline sligo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 08:58:59 PM »
Chinese people and other Asians are by far the majority of the "foreigners" here, yet there's still this idea among waygooks and Koreans that most foreigners here are Westerners, and that most foreigner crime/problems are caused by Westerners.

As seen by the Chinese subway incident, when Asians (non-Koreans) are the victims, they get identified as Chinese, or wherever they come from.  When they transgress, they are referred to as "Foreigners".  When E-2 types do anything at all, good, bad or saintly, they are always foreigners!

Online nick2012

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: Today at 03:06:15 AM »
An update on the story, according to a Naver news article the police have arrested a 43 year old Korean, sir name 'Kim'. So it turns out it wasn't a foreigner after all (assuming Kim is guilty of course). Sorry the article is in Korean, I expect an English version will be out soon.

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?sid1=102&oid=001&aid=0009210119

Offline KimDuHan

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #28 on: Today at 11:33:43 AM »
An update on the story, according to a Naver news article the police have arrested a 43 year old Korean, sir name 'Kim'. So it turns out it wasn't a foreigner after all (assuming Kim is guilty of course). Sorry the article is in Korean, I expect an English version will be out soon.

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?sid1=102&oid=001&aid=0009210119

If that's the guy they probably should put out an apology. I know they won't but all over the news sites in Korea they were blaming foreigners.

I wonder how the olympics will play out. Will every crime be blamed on foreign citizens because of bad Korean skills?

Sir name KIM when a way hook is caught their full name gets posted ex " Thomas Sydney Thompson the third"

The next year should be a blast here with North Korea, new government and the Olympics.

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment