April 24, 2017, 02:43:41 AM

Author Topic: VPN???  (Read 747 times)

Offline D.J.Wallace

• Adventurer
  • Context is important
Re: VPN???
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 03:22:35 PM »
I'm using Windscribe to access my emails at school (gmail, outlook, etc are blocked). It has a 10Gb limit, though I'm not certain if that's for a month, or lifetime. It's worked more successfully than TunnelBear which was my first port of call...

Offline elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 04:38:37 PM »
I use Opera on my phone to stream rugby games.  I haven't had an issue with it, and it's free.  I'm way too cheap to pay for a VPN.

Offline Embarr

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 04:43:42 PM »
Depending on what you're trying to do, you might want to find a vpn with a dedicated IP.

If you want to use Netflix or iPlayer eetc. they can figure out if you're using a vpn if they get hundreds of accounts streaming from one location, they know it's a VPN and block that IP.

By getting a VPN with a dedicated IP, there's no way they can know.

Which VPN services offer this?

Offline williethewimp

• Super Waygook
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 09:37:28 PM »
Depending on what you're trying to do, you might want to find a vpn with a dedicated IP.

If you want to use Netflix or iPlayer eetc. they can figure out if you're using a vpn if they get hundreds of accounts streaming from one location, they know it's a VPN and block that IP.

here is a list

Offline JNM

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 09:50:27 PM »

here is a list

Where?

Offline williethewimp

• Super Waygook
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 09:58:05 PM »

Offline deanlo

• Waygookin
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 03:52:45 AM »
Nord, and Express are pretty good and my friends have had no issues. I personally use iVPN, which is a little bit cheaper. PIA is dirt cheap but I obey the "you get what you pay for" mantra to a fault.

I don't think you'll need a dedicated IP if all you want it netflix and kink.

If you are, however, concerned about protecting your info, here's a site that lets you compare the companies based on their ability to protect your privacy, the company's technical know-how, and business ethics.

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/simple-vpn-comparison-chart/

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment