June 27, 2017, 09:30:02 PM

Author Topic: Do nose piercings look good on women?  (Read 1582 times)

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
Re: Do nose piercings look good on women?
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2017, 06:50:11 PM »
:shocked: Wow. This is petty lol. I'm not sure how to feel that my personal choice on whether or not to get a piercing, incited you so much that you had to make a poll that aims to make sweeping generalizations and to get other men to chime in and try to ridicule women about what they choose to do with their bodies.

How is asking someone whether they think a piercing looks good or not 'making a sweeping generalization'? It was precisely to avoid making a sweeping generalization that I instituted this poll. I originally presumed most people would think piercings don't look good, which was a  sweeping generalization. As it turns out, so far it seems I was wrong about that so I might re-assess my position. So maybe now you see how asking people's opinions about things and discussing things openly can be a positive thing, yes? 

And accusing me of 'getting other men to chime in and ridicule women' by asking a simple question about piercings just makes you look hysterical and foolish.

Offline 02sanupp

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2017, 06:59:08 PM »
:shocked: Wow. This is petty lol. I'm not sure how to feel that my personal choice on whether or not to get a piercing, incited you so much that you had to make a poll that aims to make sweeping generalizations and to get other men to chime in and try to ridicule women about what they choose to do with their bodies.
You have mastered petty level Number 10. :P

You do you, don't worry about anyone else.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 08:30:03 PM »
I think it comes down to "If she's willing to put something through her nose, what else is she willing to put in her?"

In the more general sense, somebody once told me, "If she is willing to do THAT to her body, what might she let ME do to it."

I really hope you two aren't teaching at an all girls school with this kind of mentality.
Or teaching any aged girls and women. Or teaching boys to think this way about women.

As others have said, it is attractive from a "good times" point of view, but sends a negative message about good judgement in other contexts.

How you dress and adorn yourself is your statement to the world. 

You should be conscious of "how others hear" this statement you make.  It might not always align with your intent.

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 08:53:27 PM »
I think it comes down to "If she's willing to put something through her nose, what else is she willing to put in her?"

In the more general sense, somebody once told me, "If she is willing to do THAT to her body, what might she let ME do to it."

I really hope you two aren't teaching at an all girls school with this kind of mentality.
Or teaching any aged girls and women. Or teaching boys to think this way about women.

As others have said, it is attractive from a "good times" point of view, but sends a negative message about good judgement in other contexts.

How you dress and adorn yourself is your statement to the world. 

You should be conscious of "how others hear" this statement you make.  It might not always align with your intent.
Fair point.

A belly dancer might be able to pull of "the look", but a nurse, a doctor, an accountant, a mother, a teacher of children...not so much.

Recent Lesson Plans

Naruto Mystery Scroll Bomb Game by Mister Tim
[Today at 05:37:56 PM]

If A, I will B + Jeopardy by artsl
[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

Phonics Lessons by defco69
[Today at 04:40:53 PM]

APOP or KPOP [TWICE SUMMER SLAM EDITION] by Kaynadian
[Today at 04:08:27 PM]

Grade 1 and 2 lesson structure phonics. by Adobe
[Today at 03:51:14 PM]

Buy/Sell/Trade