March 26, 2017, 04:33:14 AM

Author Topic: Best (quietest) air purifier to rent  (Read 400 times)

Offline gidget

• Veteran
Best (quietest) air purifier to rent
« on: March 20, 2017, 12:30:57 AM »
I want to rent an air purifier for the next 6 months or so but I'm looking for a good one that's virtually silent when it runs. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Offline probablylauren

• Expert Waygook
Re: Best (quietest) air purifier to rent
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 01:26:22 AM »
Not sure where you can rent it but I have a xiaomi my air II and when it's just doing its thing I have no idea it's on, I have to check sometimes by putting my hand over it. That being said if you do some cooking it will kick up a notch while it clears the air and that is definitely a decent (noticeable but not roaring) level of white noise
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

Offline friendofcletus

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 10:36:03 AM »
I have a xiaomi my air II
Is this the one you are talking about? Seems cheap enough to just buy.

How often do you have to change the filter? Thanks!

Offline Seoulcutie

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:48:34 AM »
Not sure where you can rent it but I have a xiaomi my air II and when it's just doing its thing I have no idea it's on, I have to check sometimes by putting my hand over it. That being said if you do some cooking it will kick up a notch while it clears the air and that is definitely a decent (noticeable but not roaring) level of white noise

I'm looking into getting the Xiaomi air purifier and I'm curious about the power cable. Since it's a Chinese brand, I assume it comes with the cable fitted for China, so do you use an adapter with it or a transformer?

Offline bjinglee

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »
I've never heard of renting an air filter for home use. They're cheap enough to just buy, and you can just sell it when you leave.

I bought a Vornado through Amazon and had it shipped it over. I just needed to get a transformer for it. Works much better than any Korean air filter I've used.

Offline stan rogers

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 12:13:32 AM »
I have an air washer and it works great. Cost 200,000 won.

Offline probablylauren

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 01:57:42 AM »
I have a xiaomi my air II
Is this the one you are talking about? Seems cheap enough to just buy.

How often do you have to change the filter? Thanks!
Sorry it is a Mi Air 2. I bought it in December and it says I have 83 days left on the filter, so about 4 months?
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

Offline probablylauren

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 01:59:18 AM »

I'm looking into getting the Xiaomi air purifier and I'm curious about the power cable. Since it's a Chinese brand, I assume it comes with the cable fitted for China, so do you use an adapter with it or a transformer?

I bought it from gmarket and it came with a very small and not very noticeable adapter to change the prongs. The electricity is ok so it doesn't need a transformer

Recent Lesson Plans

Teaching out of a story book: Middle School by oglop
[Yesterday at 12:50:06 PM]

Tabletop games in class by lifeisgood6447
[March 24, 2017, 05:50:41 PM]

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment