September 21, 2017, 08:43:45 AM

Author Topic: US invades Syria.  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
US invades Syria.
« on: March 18, 2017, 07:52:12 PM »
RT published footage of American trops entering Syria at Manbij on March 5th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2jUic1vMAU

Note that it was then suppressed by mainstream US media for some days.

But now the cat is out the bag: America has committed ground troops to Syria and looks set to send in another 1000.

Why?

Because Trump has relinquished full control of US foreign policy to the globalist neocons, represented by warhawks like McMaster. Realizing that Assad and Russia are winning in Syria (ie bringing peace and resolution to the country), they now want to intervene and grab a chunk of Syria for themselves, or at least keep it there as a base from which they can forever launch attacks against Assad.

Imagine your Korea...

Offline eastreef

• Super Waygook
Re: US invades Syria.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 06:53:11 PM »
Let me see if I can get this straight.  U.S. troops engaging in Syria demonstrates that Trump is operating against Russian interests.  However, in other discussions when Trump is mentioned a common theme heard is that Trump and his staff are really Russian lapdogs and/or basically working for the SVR RF.

Interesting!
“All of this has happened before, and will happen again.”

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:40:56 AM »
Let me see if I can get this straight.  U.S. troops engaging in Syria demonstrates that Trump is operating against Russian interests.  However, in other discussions when Trump is mentioned a common theme heard is that Trump and his staff are really Russian lapdogs and/or basically working for the SVR RF.

Interesting!

Its almost like Trump purposely does the opposite of what they say just to shut them up.

Assad: No one invited the U.S. to Manbij, all foreign troops in Syria without permission are ‘invaders’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgaz1oZEjAI

So here we go again.

The US invades yet another country, illegally and against international law, to overturn another democratically-elected government.
Imagine your Korea...

Offline steviegerro

• Veteran
  • Don't Look Back in Anger
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:51:39 AM »

Interesting!

Its almost like Trump purposely does the opposite of what they say just to shut them up.

Assad: No one invited the U.S. to Manbij, all foreign troops in Syria without permission are ‘invaders’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgaz1oZEjAI

So here we go again.

The US invades yet another country, illegally and against international law, to overturn another democratically-elected government.

"Here we go  again" indeed.

Speaking of international law, wasn't he accused of war crimes by the UN?

As for "democratically elected". You know full well the circumstances in which these elections take place under. His first two winning percentages were almost as high as the "democratically elected" leader of North Korea. Somehow, I think his opposition were somewhat stifled. Much like Egypt was a decade ago.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:55:27 PM by steviegerro »

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 02:08:35 AM »
wasn't he accused of war crimes by the UN?

*sigh* you really are behind the curve aren't you?

No: he did not use chemical weapons: that was a lie by the Washington neocons -which they hoped to use as a pretext to invade Syria.

OPCW report: rebels used chemical weapons – not Assad

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) has confirmed the traces of the sarin gas used in Syria are not linked with the Syrian government’s former stockpile of chemical weapons. The report corroborates the Syrian government’s assertions that the faction responsible for the chemical attack, as well as 11 other instances of chemical weapons use, was the Syrian opposition.

The report also substantiates last month’s claims from Ahmed al-Gaddafi al-Qahsi, cousin of Muammar Gaddafi, who said that the chemical weapons used in the incident had been stolen from Libya and later smuggled into Syria via Turkey by militants.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/assad-never-used-chemical-weapons-islamist-rebels-did/

The gas was used by the rebels (ie the ones backed by Washington).

As for "democratically elected". You know full well the circumstances in which these elections take place under.

I do, yes. In 2014, 73 % of Syrians voted in the election and assad won 88% of the vote.

Election observers on the ground were..

DAMASCUS, June 04. /ITAR-TASS/. Observers at the presidential elections in Syria are unanimous that the expression of people's will was valid and the polls passed in a democratic and positive atmosphere.
http://tass.com/world/734657

Of the course, Washington decided long before the election even took place that they would not accept it:

LONDON -- Syria's planned presidential election next month is a "farce," and the U.S. and its partners are prepared to quickly redouble efforts to support opposition forces in the county, Secretary of State John Kerry said
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-kerry-syrian-president-election-a-farce/

Speaking of international law,

....The American invasion of Syria is totally illegal.

You've been brainwashed, clearly, into the doctrine of American exceptionalism, the idea that America does not have to obey international laws yet everyone else has to.

The idea that America can invade country after country, overturning democratically elected government after democratically elected government, just because it can, and just because it wants to install a puppet regime that will look after American interests.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:27:43 AM by Aurata »
Imagine your Korea...

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 11:25:28 AM »
Aurata, this is how you lose people. A lot of what you say about both Russia and the USA is valid, but you don't need to be ridiculously partisan about it. Assad's Syria was not an open, democratic society. The elections bear little resemblance to anything fair and open. It's basically unimaginable for any politician to win a REAL, open and fairly contested and counted election with those kind of percentages, and you're smart enough to know as much.

Offline steviegerro

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 11:47:38 AM »
Aurata, why do you seem incapable of engaging with another human without resorting to petty condescending language?

I asked a question about the UN, all it takes is an answer.

And I'm not going to dispute the legality of America's invasion. That wasn't what I was even getting at when I mentioned international law. You've deliberately taken that out of context just so that you can call me brainwashed. 

I've watched 'The War on Democracy' and know all about America's history of overthrowing elected governments. But let's not pretend Assad was involved in an open and free election. Incredibly partisan to suggest otherwise.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:02:47 PM by steviegerro »

Offline Savant

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 12:00:30 PM »

Interesting!

US Troops are targeting ISIS elements; not the Assad regime. I don't see how that is working against Russian interests. Trump has proposed that the US and Russia work together to fight ISIS. Ergo, still a Russian stooge.

Offline ryncarr

• Explorer
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 12:01:47 PM »
Aurata you haven't lost people! Outside of America we get a better chance to hear about the points you make. Your observations will "lose people" inside of that country's daily narrative.

That wasn't what I was even getting at when I mentioned international law.

lol
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:04:54 PM by ryncarr »

Offline steviegerro

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 12:04:55 PM »
Aurata you haven't lost people! Outside of America we get a better chance to hear about the points you make. Your observations will "lose people" inside of that countries daily narrative.

That wasn't what I was even getting at when I mentioned international law.

lol

I was clearly getting at Assad being accused of war crimes by the UN.

Read the post and you'll see.

Aurata, the link to the findings of the OPCW was pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:26:10 PM by steviegerro »

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »
Aurata, this is how you lose people. A lot of what you say about both Russia and the USA is valid, but you don't need to be ridiculously partisan about it. Assad's Syria was not an open, democratic society. The elections bear little resemblance to anything fair and open. It's basically unimaginable for any politician to win a REAL, open and fairly contested and counted election with those kind of percentages, and you're smart enough to know as much.

I should add that I see victory for the Syrian government as the best realistic outcome of the war there. He is a dictator and a brute, but he is secular and on the better of the two sides in the Saudi/Iran regional rivalry. Even though I'm not for the fall of the Assad regime (in the current real-life circumstances), I can acknowledge that Syria's elections are qualitatively worse than even flawed Western elections.

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
  • Today we are all root beer
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 04:35:28 PM »

Russia has a naval port in Syria. That's all that Putin or Comrade Aurata care about.

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 03:07:09 AM »
Russia has a naval port in Syria. That's all that Putin or Comrade Aurata care about.

...and America has almost 800 military bases in 63 countries worldwide.

Whats your point.. that only America is allowed to have foreign bases?

Quote from: Savant
US Troops are targeting ISIS elements, not the Assad regime

Actually the US is supporting jihadists against Assad, although they like to label them "moderate rebels" in their domestic media.

‘Americans Are On Our Side’: Al-Nusra Commander Says US Arming Jihadists Via Third Countries

US weapons are being delivered to Jabhat Al-Nusra by governments that Washington supports, a militant commander told the German media, adding that American instructors were in Syria to teach how to use the new equipment.

“Yes, the US supports the opposition [in Syria], but not directly. They support the countries that support us. But we are not yet satisfied with this support,” Jabhat al-Nusra unit commander Abu Al Ezz said in an interview with Koelner Stadt-Anzeiger newspaper from the devastated Syrian city of Aleppo.

“The fight is difficult. The regime is strong and gets support from Russia,” he explained.

Al Ezz said that Jabhat Al-Nusra “won battles thanks to TOW rockets. Due to these rockets, we reached a balance with the regime. Our tanks came from Libya via Turkey, joined by the [BM-21] multiple rocket launchers,” he said.

The government forces have an advantage because of aircraft and missile launchers, but “we have the American-made TOW missiles, and the situation in some areas is under control,” Al Ezz added.

When asked if the TOW missiles were initially intended for Jabhat Al-Nusra or if the group obtained them from the moderate Free Syrian Army, the jihadist clarified:

“No, the missiles were given to us directly.”

He also said that when Jabhat Al-Nusra was “besieged, we had officers from Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Israel and America here… Experts in the use of satellites, rockets, reconnaissance and thermal security cameras.”

The journalist asked specifically if the US instructors were really present among the jihadists’ ranks and Al Ezz replied:

“The Americans are on our side.”
http://www.globalresearch.ca/americans-are-on-our-side-al-nusra-commander-says-us-arming-jihadists-via-3rd-countries/5580725

Here are some of the things US-backed moderate rebels get up to:

http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2013/08/12/warning-graphic-photo-brutal-child-rape-by-the-western-back-syrian-rebels.html

Trump has proposed that the US and Russia work together to fight ISIS. Ergo, still a Russian stooge.

The globalists have crafted it that anyone who makes a common-sense suggestion is labelled a Russian stooge.

Common sense: It is wise to build trust between thermonuclear powers.
Washington neocons: Whoever said that must be a traitor, a defender of Russia. No, we must threaten and attack Russia at every opportunity and cut off all communications with them, until they give in and accept American hegemony like everyone else.

Common sense: We should build good relations with Russia, considering that we have much in common and much to gain by mutual cooperation.
Washington neocons: Treason. Russia was our enemy 25 years ago, and it must continue to be now. Especially because we need a foreign threat to justify our 1000 billion dollar annual defense budget. The muslims don't really cut it as a threat, so we must bring back the Russian threat. Who cares if we risk destroying the planet with a nuclear war? So long as the elites get to hold onto their McMansions for another year.

Quote from: StevieGerro
I asked a question about the UN, all it takes is an answer.

The UN, a Washington controlled organisation is just another means by which America gets to control and manipulate 100+ foreign governments.

People don't seem to realise that globalization is simply a euphemism for American hegemony across the world.

Actually its not even American hegemony. Its a handful of elites that are closing in on world domination.

Don't assume your leaders are responsible, trustworthy or acting in your interests. They don't care about americans, they do not act in the interests of the American people. They act in the interests of their own wealth, ambitions and massive corporations.

The reason Syria was singled out for destabilization and attack has nothing to do with his "brutality" (nonsense), it is because:

1. Syria resists the NWO of American hegemony.
2. Syria is an independent state with an independent foreign policy. Not another vassal of Washington.
3. Syria was debt free (not trapped and enslaved by IMF loans!)
4. Syria refuses GMO's. ie it cannot be exploited by the massive agribusinesses 9another of washingtons special interest groups).
5. Syria is sovereign over its own finances and currency, because it has its own central bank (ie not a bank owned by the Rothschilds). Therefore it can print its own money and control its own economy.
6. Syria is a Russian ally, and Russia is sometimes able to stand in the way of American invasions of other countries. So therefore its government must be overturned and replaced with an American puppet.
7. Assad stays in power, then Russia gets to have a gas pipeline to Europe. If America topples him, then they get to have a gas pipeline to Europe.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 04:21:52 AM by Aurata »
Imagine your Korea...

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment