November 18, 2017, 08:11:14 PM

Author Topic: Moana Camp  (Read 7031 times)

Offline bethanyleigh09

• Explorer
Re: Moana Camp
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 08:26:36 AM »
Thanks OP this camp looks amazing and I'm trying out this summer. Can't wait for all of these craft/activities. You put a lot of effort into making this. I APPRECIATE YOU~~~

Offline elchristmas

• Newgookin
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 08:32:15 AM »
I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful plan! It is so well designed and laid out! I am really looking forward to The Good Dinosaur plan! Thank you so much!

Offline SnackySnack

• Veteran
  • What do I love more than snacks?. . .More snacks^^
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 01:09:32 PM »
Hello, this is truly excellent stuff. I was wondering where everyone got the movie? I would love to do this, but where did you get the movie from?

I meant where did you find the movie in stores? What big chain had it, so I can save time in looking.

You can get Moana on Google.com/play - It's on sale for 4,600 right now.
Save 5% off your next iherb order! (New and returning customers^^) https://iherb.co/2pwkd6cb

Offline sthomps

• Explorer
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 01:35:59 PM »
Also, if you don't have the time for home made custard, I found vanilla (and butterscotch and chocolate) mix on Coupang!

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 10:58:10 AM »
This is awesome, thanks!

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »
I'm curious as to how to play the bingo game, since some of the pictures are of the same character. (Moana x 4 for example).

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2017, 01:54:25 PM »
Yeah. My mistake. I downloaded all the stuff from onedrive, but there were more files on google drive. :)

Thanks again.

Offline xenal

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 01:44:39 PM »
Hey guys, I found this Moana Hula Challenge video, maybe the kids can try it  :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_0vJhyZRJ0

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 01:48:14 PM »
This might also help with the bingo game.  If you click on the picture, it will disappear so your students can follow along with the ppt if they don't understand which picture you are talking about.

Big ups, hloper!

Offline angelcyoung

• Adventurer
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2017, 11:02:34 AM »
This is super helpful, I just could not figure out a camp for this age group.  Working on my winter Olympic camp now.  trying to be proactive like you.  ;D

Offline cheezegr8er

• Newgookin
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2017, 03:13:05 PM »
After exams, I've been showing Moana to all of my classes (elementary, grades 3-6) over the course of a few weeks, since I see each class only once a week. It's been a hit with all of them, which is a relief since I love Moana myself!

We had extra time after finishing the movie today, so I prepared this Moana quiz. Did it with just grades 5-6, because it may be a little difficult for my 3rd and 4th graders. It can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on how you pace it. Afterwards I'd give the winning team special candy, or if there was a tie, I would do the "Bonus" section as a tie breaker.

Attached is the quiz PPT and the answer sheet. Enjoy! :)

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »
We're starting our Moana English summer camp tomorrow. Many thanks to all the contributors to this thread  ;D; here are some additional resources I've made.

• Moana characters introduction: a simple introduction with some key words translated.
  • Maze and word search.
  • Moana student timetable template: it's got the details of my camp in it but that'll be easy to edit or delete (feel free to lift it wholesale if you want it).
  • "How Far I'll Go" Song: English lyrics with Korean phonetics and Korean version for comprehension.
  • Reward Sheet: Students can receive up to 3 stickers a day for attendance, following the rules, and completing the work. There's a Maui version and a Moana version.
  • Fill in the blanks: lifted from the OP's workbook and edited to fit the theme of the other worksheets. Also simplified for younger students.

I'm working on a Heihei (the dumb rooster) paper art tutorial which I'll try and post by the end of the day.

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2017, 02:19:40 PM »
I finished making the Heihei paper art tutorial. See attached.

I screengrabbed the images from this video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKmVUWT3nw

I've broken it up into 18 steps to keep the English instructions as simple as possible but it's not very complicated; I'm planning on fitting it in a 40 minute lesson.

Offline elchristmas

• Newgookin
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2017, 11:17:55 AM »
I did this camp with 5th and 6th grade this past summer vacation. Everything went smoothly. I switched the activities for each day to suit my classroom/supply schedule. haha

We did the footprint painting! I can post a step by step instructional guide if anyone is interested! I found that my students were NOT ok with painting their feet so I let them do hand prints.

We also made "Tamatoa shiny slime." ... Which I had to try MANY times before I could get it to work. Haha! Most slime recipes are made from western creators and the ingredients can be difficult to find in Korea, but I managed to find a decent recipe and make it work. I can also upload an instructional guide if anyone is interested.

I just wanted to spread the knowledge since this camp was so amazing!! <3

Offline rapa55

• Explorer
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 11:58:35 AM »
This went over fairly well with my 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade camps. They seemed to respond well to the games.

I also made a save the island ppt for the students for some extra time killer game. The activity takes maybe 10 minutes max, and I used it as another way to promote the learning of vocab and plotline of the movie. The hearts are the points system I used, and the pictures are for the acting part of the ppt. As for the magick bucket, all you need is a box or a bucket that you put an object in and they feel to see what it is. I used aloe pieces.

Offline elchristmas

• Newgookin
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2017, 08:19:39 AM »
Ok! I'll work on getting the step-by-step directions for the footprint paintings photographed and put together. The ingredient list shouldn't be to hard to comprise.

I'll upload them as separate word files. I hope this helps someone in the future!  :smiley:

Offline hloper2008

• Waygookin
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 01:51:06 PM »
I have pulled access for this camp.  I'm really very sorry to do this guys. Basically I pulled straight from a book for my camp booklet and did not source a lot of the material because I was just sharing it for free.  Now that Waygook is a pay site, I'm not sure legally where I stand and cannot in good faith post my materials here again.  I'm sure there are other people who downloaded my stuff and you can talk to them, but I just don't want to be sued by anyone.  It really sucks because I put a lot of time and effort into this camp for myself and for everyone else.  Again I'm very very sorry. <deep bow>  :sad:

Offline drobinson11

• Waygookin
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 01:49:50 PM »
The googledrive link doesn't seem to work anymore :( got another link for it at all?