December 17, 2017, 02:37:32 AM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 60897 times)

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #1080 on: October 10, 2017, 08:48:35 AM »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but his personality just screams that he will only go kicking and screaming. Impeach him and then what? the dude doesn't give two ****s about the gentlemen's agreements that the US  founded its entire political system upon. If he puts enough of his own people in place he's free to squat as he likes, and a horde of radicalised supporters will cheer him on.  Put an Idi Amin clone into power if you want, but just don't be surprised when he goes Idi Amin on you.

This is what I find most dangerous.  At the moment he has no legacy, as he's not managed to kill some of the good things that Obama put in place.  The new one being the E.P.A. repealing Obama's attempt to curb greenhouse gas emissions.  I'd easily expect him to start a war just to give his tenure some legacy.  That is the most dangerous thing to me.

In the last twelve days:

- Him selling 15 billion dollars of THAAD to the repulsive Saudis and at the same time starting all this fuss with Iran again, when he has absolutely no allies with him on this one.
- The reaction to the massacre in Las Vegas.  I've literally given up being bothered about anything being done about guns in America.  I feel sympathy for the people involved, but it's like a plane crash the whole time.  If there is a problem with a plane, you fix it to stop further planes crashing.  Selling military grade weapons to civilians is the most ridiculous thing possible.  America at the moment is in a dangerous place whereby the right/left is dividing the country.  'Leftys want to take our guns'.  Completely messed up. 
- His reaction to Weinstein, when Trump is literally of the same ilk when it comes to stuff like this. 

Him posting about an Iranian rocket launch as though it was done recently to scare people, making his own fake news.

Etc....

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1081 on: October 10, 2017, 09:47:59 AM »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but his personality just screams that he will only go kicking and screaming. Impeach him and then what? the dude doesn't give two ****s about the gentlemen's agreements that the US  founded its entire political system upon. If he puts enough of his own people in place he's free to squat as he likes, and a horde of radicalised supporters will cheer him on.  Put an Idi Amin clone into power if you want, but just don't be surprised when he goes Idi Amin on you.
He's worried enough to be reaching across the aisle to dems who might later help him out with impeachment.

Problem is Pence could be even worse; the dude's a real troglodyte.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #1082 on: October 10, 2017, 10:00:10 AM »
Donald Trump’s approval ratings have plumbed new depths as less than a third of Americans now back his leadership

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-approval-rating-latest-new-poll-low-32-per-cent-a7987696.html

Less than a fifth – 19 per cent – said they believed the President understood their needs and problems, while only 23 per cent said they thought he was honest.

You keep on forgetting- Trump doesn't have to run faster than the bear. He only has to run faster than the other guy.

His unpopularity will be irrelevant if the Democrat is just as bad or worse (if they nominate some SJW-spouting nutjob) OR if they splinter between the far-left and the center-left OR a 3rd party/Independent type enters and takes 70% of the Dem vote and 30% of the Republican vote.

He only has to hold onto his base and make everyone else less popular/fractured.

Well, unless the Democrats actually run a candidate who isn't Clinton or isn't a SJW moron, which is going to be unlikely given the lefty-base. Then again the DNC might set things so the most blandest, establishment-style possible candidate is nominated that lets Trump beat him as easily as he bet Jeb Bush.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1083 on: October 10, 2017, 10:11:46 AM »
Donald Trump’s approval ratings have plumbed new depths as less than a third of Americans now back his leadership

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-approval-rating-latest-new-poll-low-32-per-cent-a7987696.html

Less than a fifth – 19 per cent – said they believed the President understood their needs and problems, while only 23 per cent said they thought he was honest.

You keep on forgetting- Trump doesn't have to run faster than the bear. He only has to run faster than the other guy.

His unpopularity will be irrelevant if the Democrat is just as bad or worse (if they nominate some SJW-spouting nutjob) OR if they splinter between the far-left and the center-left OR a 3rd party/Independent type enters and takes 70% of the Dem vote and 30% of the Republican vote.

He only has to hold onto his base and make everyone else less popular/fractured.

Well, unless the Democrats actually run a candidate who isn't Clinton or isn't a SJW moron, which is going to be unlikely given the lefty-base. Then again the DNC might set things so the most blandest, establishment-style possible candidate is nominated that lets Trump beat him as easily as he bet Jeb Bush.

I love how people literally can't defend Trump and always go to WHAT ABOUT THIS GROUP HURR DURR.

The democrats aren't the president. This thread is about the president doing a bad job. If you don't show up for work half the time, HR doesn't care that an employee in another branch also has some absences. Just accept that Trump is bad at his job. Stop playing what-about-isms. Literally, that's all you do in this thread.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #1084 on: October 10, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »
I love how people literally can't defend Trump and always go to WHAT ABOUT THIS GROUP HURR DURR.

The democrats aren't the president. This thread is about the president doing a bad job. If you don't show up for work half the time, HR doesn't care that an employee in another branch also has some absences. Just accept that Trump is bad at his job. Stop playing what-about-isms. Literally, that's all you do in this thread.

That wasn't what I was doing. I was explaining the fault in correlating approval numbers with likelihood of election outcomes. I'd think this would have been obvious after Trump won the nomination and beat Hillary. But despite something happening twice, I guess people still won't learn until the third time.

I'm guessing when Trump first ran, you thought he had no shot? And I'm also guessing you thought he wouldn't be the nominee. Then you probably thought that Hillary was going to win. If not you, then most on the left thought that (Michael Moore being an obvious exception).

This is one of Trump's tricks. He doesn't necessarily make you like him, but he sure makes you hate the other person. The fact is that if you are given two choices, even if he is a poop sandwich, he makes sure the other person is a poop sandwich with boogers on top. It's just enough to win and that's all that counts. It's a very cynical, but very shrewd tactic.

As for Trump's job. I would give it a C. He hasn't really done much one way or the other. Contrary to lefty hysteria, he hasn't been Hitler. His Gestapo is not prowling the streets, wars haven't started. Even Obamcare is still there (and good!). For his base, he hasn't really accomplished anything either outside of some executive orders (which can simply be overturned with the next President) and most of those have been largely symbolic.

What he has succeeded in doing is causing his opposition to become completely unhinged to the point of mass delusion and hysteria. I mean people on the left are literally imagining things and conspiracies in a way normally reserved for the loons on the right and the Infowars crowd.

However, what pushes him to a C and not a D is this- The market is doing well, consumer confidence is good, jobs are slightly doing okay, growth is good, and probably by 2019 people in the middle will realize that he's not Hitler and then decide whether they want his mediocre record in signing in legislation or go with a sane Democrat (unlikely) or some far-left look nominated by the base (more likely). If he does that and presumably wins, he'll have accomplished the most important goal for a first term president- a second term.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1085 on: October 10, 2017, 11:48:27 AM »

That wasn't what I was doing.

Yes, it is. Didn't read the rest of the essay because the first sentence was false.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #1086 on: October 10, 2017, 11:57:07 AM »

Yes, it is. Didn't read the rest of the essay because the first sentence was false.

I wasn't defending Trump, I was explaining the realities of the situation- that in order to be successful politically, he doesn't have to be popular, he simply has to be 1% more popular than the person running against him.

If you want to call that "defending him", fine. But realize this also applies to whoever is running against him. The same rules apply. If you want a left-leaning example, look at Jeremy Corbyn.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1087 on: October 10, 2017, 12:00:37 PM »

I wasn't defending Trump, I was explaining the realities of the situation- that in order to be successful politically, he doesn't have to be popular, he simply has to be 1% more popular than the person running against him.

If you want to call that "defending him", fine. But realize this also applies to whoever is running against him. The same rules apply. If you want a left-leaning example, look at Jeremy Corbyn.

I didn't say you were defending him. I said that people CAN'T defend him because it's impossible. Instead of defending him, they go into "what about this group," which is what you did. How about those reading comprehension skills.  :wink:

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #1088 on: October 10, 2017, 12:11:49 PM »
I didn't say you were defending him. I said that people CAN'T defend him because it's impossible. Instead of defending him, they go into "what about this group," which is what you did. How about those reading comprehension skills.  :wink:

Well I gave my honest review of his performance so far. I gave him a C, upped from a D. Most of that is based on cynical accomplishments rather than true goals accomplished or any great performances. That and the economy is doing well.

If he hasn't done a great job he also hasn't done a terrible one, as he hasn't really done much.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #1089 on: October 10, 2017, 08:02:06 PM »
Instead of defending him, they go into "what about this group"

And often time the other group is falsely maligned.

The counterprotester who filmed the footage that showed a white supremacist plowing his car into a group of demonstrators in Charlottesville, Virginia, earlier this month has spoken out about how he and his family have become the target of conspiracy theories and death threats.

In an op-ed published by Politico Monday, Brennan Gilmore described how in the wake of the video's release, a number of elaborate and nonsensical theories surfaced regarding his involvement in Charlottesville. Some of the theories included accusations that he staged the car attack to drum up antipathy for the "alt-right" movement and overthrow President Donald Trump.

"They wrote that I was a CIA operative, funded by (choose your own adventure) George Soros, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, the IMF/World Bank, and/or a global Jewish mafia to orchestrate the Charlottesville attack in order to turn the general public against the alt-right," Gilmore wrote.

"Desperate to lay blame on anyone besides the alt-right, they seized on these facts to suggest a counter-narrative to the attack, claiming there was no way that someone with my background just happened to be right there to take the video."

http://www.businessinsider.com/counterprotester-filmed-charlottesville-crash-victim-cia-george-soros-conspiracy-theories-2017-8

But beyond the threats, Gilmore said he was more concerned that what had initially been outlandish accusations on fringe websites went "mainstream," and were picked up by Infowars, an outlet that frequently traffics in conspiracy theories, but has hosted Trump himself as a guest.

"Trump has parroted Infowars several times, something even Infowars founder Alex Jones has described as 'surreal,'" Gilmore said.

"Did I actually have to worry that the president of the United States might launch an investigation against me because I happened to capture footage of a white supremacist terror attack and spoke publicly about what I saw? I realized I couldn't rule it out, and that frankly scares the hell out of me — for my family, but particularly for our country."

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1090 on: October 10, 2017, 09:02:07 PM »

Well I gave my honest review of his performance so far. I gave him a C, upped from a D. Most of that is based on cynical accomplishments rather than true goals accomplished or any great performances. That and the economy is doing well.

If he hasn't done a great job he also hasn't done a terrible one, as he hasn't really done much.
The economy is thanks to Obama and the Fed, not to trumped up.

Great review--you're not doing your job so I'll give you a C.

Where's the infrastructure? Where's tax reform that's not going to send the deficit UP, UP, UP? Where's the health care that's going to improve on the ACA?

Where's staffing and leading an effective administration? Where's draining the swamp--can you say Tom Price or Betsy Devos?

How about protecting the environment? Creating a brighter future for the MAGA folks? Solving the opioid pandemic?

But I'll give him one thing--he's worked hard to incite a culture war in the US and he's having some success there. He's probably done a lot for Twitter's bottom line as well. Plus lining his and his kids' pockets.

Maybe the C is for criminal. I'll give you that.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #1091 on: October 11, 2017, 10:31:00 AM »

It certainly is partially, but it's also largely reflective of consumer and investor confidence- the primary driver of the markets and futures. If people didn't feel good about the future, it would be a bear market.

Trump's agenda is very controversial and running up against entrenched interests. He's not a dictator and so can't make sweeping changes. The struggles are understandable.

Obama faced many of the same struggles and I gave him good grades considering the GOP obstructionism he faced.

Where's the infrastructure? Where's tax reform that's not going to send the deficit UP, UP, UP? Where's the health care that's going to improve on the ACA?

As I said, the Republican Party is in flux and he's advocated for sweeping reform that challenged entrenched interests. Some may have thought this was going to be easy, I never said that.

Where's staffing and leading an effective administration? Where's draining the swamp--can you say Tom Price or Betsy Devos?

How about protecting the environment? Creating a brighter future for the MAGA folks? Solving the opioid pandemic?

Those things are why he doesn't get higher than a C.

But I'll give him one thing--he's worked hard to incite a culture war in the US and he's having some success there.

That's why he gets a C. He his taking steps to ensure a second term, and also in order to push out establishment Republicans, he has to motivate his base. The only the base gets its candidates elected in swing states is if the Dems nominate far-left candidates. He has succeeded in triggering the lefty wing of the party, which is now looking to "Tea Party" establishment Dems such as Dianne Feinstein and others.

The big thing is he has made the left completely unhinged- Trump is Hitler. RUSSIA!!!! SJW nonsense. Clinton managing to make herself even more despised and come across as a sore loser.

People have said that Trump has/would make it ok for cops to shoot black people en masse. That millions of Mexicans would be rounded up. That abortion would become illegal. That there would be Pogroms. He'd be a dictator and all your freedoms would be gone. That journalists would be jailed. On and on with these insane wild predictions and claims of doom and gloom. Meanwhile life goes on in America, and if you turned off the news you couldn't tell an average Saturday in 2017 from 2015.

So much of the anti-Trump hysteria is completely conjured up in people's heads. We're talking one of the great mass delusions in human history where one side thinks Hitler was just elected and that Russians can apparently topple governments at will with $300k in facebook ads.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1092 on: October 11, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »

It certainly is partially, but it's also largely reflective of consumer and investor confidence- the primary driver of the markets and futures. If people didn't feel good about the future, it would be a bear market.

Trump's agenda is very controversial and running up against entrenched interests. He's not a dictator and so can't make sweeping changes. The struggles are understandable.

Obama faced many of the same struggles and I gave him good grades considering the GOP obstructionism he faced.

As I said, the Republican Party is in flux and he's advocated for sweeping reform that challenged entrenched interests. Some may have thought this was going to be easy, I never said that.

Those things are why he doesn't get higher than a C.

But I'll give him one thing--he's worked hard to incite a culture war in the US and he's having some success there.

That's why he gets a C. He his taking steps to ensure a second term, and also in order to push out establishment Republicans, he has to motivate his base. The only the base gets its candidates elected in swing states is if the Dems nominate far-left candidates. He has succeeded in triggering the lefty wing of the party, which is now looking to "Tea Party" establishment Dems such as Dianne Feinstein and others.

The big thing is he has made the left completely unhinged- Trump is Hitler. RUSSIA!!!! SJW nonsense. Clinton managing to make herself even more despised and come across as a sore loser.

People have said that Trump has/would make it ok for cops to shoot black people en masse. That millions of Mexicans would be rounded up. That abortion would become illegal. That there would be Pogroms. He'd be a dictator and all your freedoms would be gone. That journalists would be jailed. On and on with these insane wild predictions and claims of doom and gloom. Meanwhile life goes on in America, and if you turned off the news you couldn't tell an average Saturday in 2017 from 2015.

So much of the anti-Trump hysteria is completely conjured up in people's heads. We're talking one of the great mass delusions in human history where one side thinks Hitler was just elected and that Russians can apparently topple governments at will with $300k in facebook ads.
You're wrong from the get-go--consumer demand is weak and is not what is driving the market. As for concern, the market always climbs a wall of worry.

Wrong about the left--he is uniting it, showing them they have to come together and work to overcome gerrymandering and voter repression while making their case for policies that help the average citizen rather than just the rich. Activism is growing and growing.

You realize you don;t have a lg to stand on regarding trumped up so it's on with the hitler hyperole and the rest of your schtick. It'ss the right that says everyone on the left hates America, that Obama was deliberately trying to destroy the US.

If anyone is deluded here, it's you and your alt-right buddies.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #1093 on: October 11, 2017, 11:18:18 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-29/u-s-consumer-confidence-reaches-second-highest-level-since-2000

And the market is booming (although I do worry about a bubble).

Wrong about the left--he is uniting it, showing them they have to come together and work to overcome gerrymandering and voter repression while making their case for policies that help the average citizen rather than just the rich. Activism is growing and growing.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/09/21/survey-fewer-black-women-say-that-the-democratic-party-best-represents-their-interests/?utm_term=.a7df3aa7aa8d

http://time.com/4951191/divided-democratic-party-debates-its-future/

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/10/california-democrats-feinstein-progressives-243649

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/354712-nancy-pelosi-deserves-respect-not-political-blasting-for-doing-her-job

It'ss the right that says everyone on the left hates America, that Obama was deliberately trying to destroy the US.

Yeah, and they suck for doing that. I've repeatedly said I thought Obama was alright (too many drone strikes and military actions, but he was a moderating influence on Hawkish Hillary and had to make do).

Yes, I'm one of those people who voted for Obama and now supports Trump.

You're deluded for thinking my buddies are the alt-right (and that term is ridiculous as not everyone who is called alt-right IS alt-right).

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1094 on: October 11, 2017, 01:41:29 PM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-29/u-s-consumer-confidence-reaches-second-highest-level-since-2000

And the market is booming (although I do worry about a bubble).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/09/21/survey-fewer-black-women-say-that-the-democratic-party-best-represents-their-interests/?utm_term=.a7df3aa7aa8d

http://time.com/4951191/divided-democratic-party-debates-its-future/

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/10/california-democrats-feinstein-progressives-243649

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/354712-nancy-pelosi-deserves-respect-not-political-blasting-for-doing-her-job

It'ss the right that says everyone on the left hates America, that Obama was deliberately trying to destroy the US.

Yeah, and they suck for doing that. I've repeatedly said I thought Obama was alright (too many drone strikes and military actions, but he was a moderating influence on Hawkish Hillary and had to make do).

Yes, I'm one of those people who voted for Obama and now supports Trump.

You're deluded for thinking my buddies are the alt-right (and that term is ridiculous as not everyone who is called alt-right IS alt-right).
The market is not the economy. If it were, your whole argument that trumped up voters were voting on economic issues would be even more flawed than it already is.

The stock market is going up despite trump; most have given up on him passing any meaningful legislation. (Which is really hard to do when you don't have a detailed plan and the one you have is full of lies.)

You want to know about trump--listen to Bob Corker, a repugnican who is saying what many others in the gop agree with but are afraid to for fear of a trumped up twitter lashing.

So you're supporting an out of control racist bully who is more interested in how many followers he has on twitter than on governing. A dude for whom lying comes as naturally as breathing. A guy in favor of voter repression, against science and is currently expanding the war in Afghanistan with no stated objectives or goals, creating a potentially endless war.

But, according to you, it's all good.

Online Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #1095 on: October 13, 2017, 01:19:15 AM »
Nevermind the Russiagate business I'm starting to agree with Bannon, in that the 25th amendment might well be Trump's undoing. Interesting that the debate appears to be moving on from 'if' to 'how'.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/will-trump-finish-his-term-25th-amendment-steve-bannon-2017-10?r=US&IR=T

To say that Trump has become unhinged might be a little inaccurate though, as it would suggest, at some stage, that he had a hinge.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1096 on: October 13, 2017, 08:56:15 AM »
This order comes on the heels of numerous Trump administrative actions designed to undermine the health insurance marketplace, including fostering uncertainty among insurers, which has already driven up 2018 premium costs; shortening the 2018 open enrollment period to only six weeks; gutting the enrollment marketing budget by 90 percent; stripping funding for navigators, the individuals who help people enroll in marketplace plans; barring U.S. Department of Health and Human Services regional directors from joining open enrollment promotional efforts; and shutting down healthcare.gov for 12 hours every Sunday throughout the open enrollment period.
This dude doesn't care:

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2017/10/10/bomb-airport-ammonium-nitrate-fuel-oil-mix-suspect-make-first-appearance/749394001/

The man authorities say left an explosive device at Asheville Regional Airport on Friday morning that contained ammonium nitrate and fuel oil said he was preparing to "fight a war on U.S. soil," according to a criminal complaint filed in federal court.

A white dude, ready to up the ante in trumped up's culture war.

In the complaint, investigators noted that the type of device found at the airport, called "AN/FO" explosives, has been used "in a number of terrorist-related incidents around the world in the past.

Domestic terrorism--why ain't trumped up tweeting about this instead of threatening Puerto Rico and working to undo eight years of progress and reform?

Unhinged, as the post above states, is far too mild a term.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1097 on: October 13, 2017, 08:59:19 AM »

First of all, people's misuse of a term doesn't make it ridiculous, though it may make them ridiculous.

Secondly, their misuse may to some extent be understandable, as the meaning of the term is still being formed.  For example, Oxford dictionary online says:
(in the US) an ideological grouping associated with extreme conservative or reactionary viewpoints, characterized by a rejection of mainstream politics and by the use of online media to disseminate deliberately controversial content.
But m-w.com says:
a right-wing, primarily online political movement or grouping based in the U.S. whose members reject mainstream conservative politics and espouse extremist beliefs and policies typically centered on ideas of white nationalism
(emphasis mine)

Whereas NYT puts racism front and center (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/politics/alt-left-alt-right-glossary.html):
The “alt-right” is a racist, far-right movement based on an ideology of white nationalism and anti-Semitism. Many news organizations do not use the term, preferring terms like “white nationalism” and “far right.”
The movement’s self-professed goal is the creation of a white state and the destruction of “leftism,” which it calls “an ideology of death.” Richard B. Spencer, a leader in the movement, has described the movement as “identity politics for white people.”
It is also anti-immigrant, anti-feminist and opposed to homosexuality and gay and transgender rights. It is highly decentralized but has a wide online presence, where its ideology is spread via racist or sexist memes with a satirical edge.
It believes that higher education is “only appropriate for a cognitive elite” and that most citizens should be educated in trade schools or apprenticeships.

Now, not every part of those definitions fits you, but in general, I think many people here familiar with your persona would say you are pretty much alt-right.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1098 on: October 13, 2017, 09:07:10 AM »
Sonny won't do his WH homework:

Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, senior advisers to President Donald Trump, were both fined $200 for missing deadlines to submit financial reports required by government ethics rules, according to documents and interviews.

It’s the second time that Kushner has been fined for late filing as part of his months-long process of divesting pieces of his vast business empire to serve in the White House, a highly unusual occurrence.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article176849096.html#storylink=cpy

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #1099 on: October 13, 2017, 09:26:51 AM »
When I think of alt-right, what I basically think of is a mix of Paleo-con ideas on trade and intervention, combined with 'South Park' libertarianism on social issues, with an irreverence towards the traditional platitudes and canned statements of politicians and a special loathing of SJW extremism. Whether its Trump insulting Jeb or tweeting a CNN takedown video or the use of memes, 4chan, youtube, and reddit to wage a 21st century political idealogical struggle against the other side that is stuck in the 20th century (many exceptions).

For my part I lean Democratic on a number of issues- healthcare, some social issues, some environmental policies, Standing Rock, some gun regulation, and other issues. Despite being anti-SJW, I acknowledge and agree about some racial complaints as well as agreeing with the need for police and prison reform.

I gladly voted for Obama and would give him a 'C' much like Trump.

I really look at candidates, not party. I'm a big fan of Russ Feingold, Dennis Kucinich, and Bernie. Frankly, I see more in common with them than some Centrist Democrat, though there are a few of those I like as well. I can't stand Schumer but I give him grudging respect as a wheeler-dealer.

But as it stands, the best thing about him is the mass-hysteria and delusion he's triggered. I mean your side is literally believing a guy who lets 250,000 people march on Washington is Hitler and that $300k of facebook ads brainwashed 10s of thousands of people to vote Trump. Not only that, but the guy is both senile yet can cleverly use racial dog whistles.

A big chunk of Trump fans know hes a massive gamble and a liar and a braggart, but to paraphrase Lincoln, "I don't see why being a liar and a braggart can't be a good President" (for the times).