October 18, 2017, 04:37:40 PM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 47925 times)

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #880 on: August 02, 2017, 03:57:02 PM »

Unless, of course you'd prefer to spout some of Sean Hannity's talking points or look to the Daily Mail and JK Rowlings for some more distractions and infotainment. .

Sorry, but I got the dailymail link from your beloved CNN ;)
http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/31/media/jk-rowling-trump-shake-hand-disabled-boy/index.html

Dude, so what you're really saying in this post is that you're an avid viewer of CNN.
Good for you! :wink:

I don't have cable TV myself. If I did I'd only be interested in Fox Footy but they tend to bundle it with a lot of other crap.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tv-shows

I can see that you are unable to tell the difference between a website and TV.  That explains ... oh, so many things. 

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #881 on: August 02, 2017, 05:50:21 PM »

Unless, of course you'd prefer to spout some of Sean Hannity's talking points or look to the Daily Mail and JK Rowlings for some more distractions and infotainment. .

Sorry, but I got the dailymail link from your beloved CNN ;)
http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/31/media/jk-rowling-trump-shake-hand-disabled-boy/index.html

Dude, so what you're really saying in this post is that you're an avid viewer of CNN.
Good for you! :wink:

I don't have cable TV myself. If I did I'd only be interested in Fox Footy but they tend to bundle it with a lot of other crap.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tv-shows

I can see that you are unable to tell the difference between a website and TV.  That explains ... oh, so many things.

Okay, I get it dude!
At some point in time I have watched a CNN clip on You tube which totally invalidates the point that was made earlier
Clearly your title of Hero of Waygookistan permits you to view CNN without suffering such burdens. ;D

God bless you and your quest of enlightenment in Korea! :laugh:

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #882 on: August 03, 2017, 12:19:55 PM »
Tillerson rejects funds to fight disinformation. One source says he was concerned it would anger Russia.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/02/tillerson-isis-russia-propaganda-241218
"Over the last five to 10 years, there's been a tsunami of disinformation and anti-American propaganda around the world," said Rick Stengel, who, as a former undersecretary of state for public diplomacy, oversaw the center. "The Global Engagement Center is one of the few, if only, areas in the U.S. government that could be tasked with countering and rebutting disinformation against America."

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
The there is there!
« Reply #883 on: August 10, 2017, 04:44:47 PM »
Trump ain't calling it a witch hunt anymore. Too late for feigned respect methinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhrcSin9Lnk

Offline gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #884 on: August 10, 2017, 09:10:45 PM »
Mueller seems to have gotten the scent and is hot on trumpy's trail.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #885 on: August 11, 2017, 05:53:25 PM »
The Nation, about as solidly left-leaning a publication as you can get, with a very good reputation, has published a story seriously questioning the Russia-DNC Hacking claim.

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-new-report-raises-big-questions-about-last-years-dnc-hack/

Online Savant

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #886 on: August 13, 2017, 12:07:39 PM »
Muslim rams car into people - Trump launches into twitter tirade about "Islamic Extremisim".

White guy rams car into people - No condemnation of "White Supremacy, "Neo-Nazim" or "Domestic Terrorism".

Got to keep those parts of the base, happy.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #887 on: August 14, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »
Muslim rams car into people - Trump launches into twitter tirade about "Islamic Extremisim".

White guy rams car into people - No condemnation of "White Supremacy, "Neo-Nazim" or "Domestic Terrorism".

Got to keep those parts of the base, happy.

It's amazing, isn't it?  Do people really think others are actually overreacting about Trump?  A 'white supremacist' president turns a blind eye to neo-nazism, but is happy to call out Muslims for any slight incursion. 

The original United States of America was built on white supremacy. The US constitution of 1787 treated black slaves as equivalent to three-fifths of a free white and gave no rights at all to Native Americans, who were regarded as belonging to their own nations. After the civil war, Jim Crow laws enforced segregation across the defeated south and comprehensively disfranchised African Americans for nearly a century. Writing Mein Kampf in the 1920s, Adolf Hitler praised America’s institutional racism as a model from which Nazi Germany could learn. Only in the postwar period, and then slowly and incompletely, was meaningful racial equality pursued by the land of the free.

That would not have happened under Mr Bush, for all his faults. Nor is it true of top Republicans like Cory Gardner, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Orrin Hatch, none of them social liberals, who were all quick to call the supremacists out. Even the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, who is few people’s idea of an ideological exemplar, condemned the racists. But Mr Trump did not.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/commentisfree/2017/aug/13/the-guardian-view-on-donald-trump-and-racism-a-moral-failure-that-shames-america

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #888 on: August 14, 2017, 12:41:22 PM »
Trump's response was one of more sane responses I've heard. AntiFa and BLM did not arrive in Charlottesville with peaceful intentions and by some accounts instigated most of the violence. I'm not sure what the motivations of the guy who drove his car into a group of counter-protesters were. It's clear from one of the videos that his car was being vandalized. He may have panicked and hit the accelerator.

"The critics are guilty of a double standard, and of exploiting the violence for political gain, widening America’s divisions at a time when national unity is the only proper course.

"First of all, as a factual matter, it is self-evident that there was violence on both sides on Saturday, though the attack in which a car plowed into a crowd of left-wing protesters stands apart as a despicable act. Two groups who have been fighting all over the country — white supremacists and so-called 'anti-fascists' — went to Charlottesville to do the same, just as they did last summer in Sacramento, and just as they have elsewhere. Condemning one side alone would essentially have given the other side a pass for its tactics — and a political victory that neither deserved.

"Second, Trump’s critics never applied the same standard to Barack Obama. When five Dallas police officers were murdered in cold blood at a Black Lives Matter protest, Obama did not disavow the movement, nor did the media demand he do so. On the contrary, when he spoke at a memorial service for the police, he actually endorsed the movement and its goals"
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/13/charlottesville-donald-trump-right-condemn-violence-many-sides/

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #889 on: August 14, 2017, 12:52:28 PM »
Trump's response was one of more sane responses I've heard. AntiFa and BLM did not arrive in Charlottesville with peaceful intentions and by some accounts instigated most of the violence. I'm not sure what the motivations of the guy who drove his car into a group of counter-protesters were. It's clear from one of the videos that his car was being vandalized. He may have panicked and hit the accelerator.

"The critics are guilty of a double standard, and of exploiting the violence for political gain, widening America’s divisions at a time when national unity is the only proper course.

"First of all, as a factual matter, it is self-evident that there was violence on both sides on Saturday, though the attack in which a car plowed into a crowd of left-wing protesters stands apart as a despicable act. Two groups who have been fighting all over the country — white supremacists and so-called 'anti-fascists' — went to Charlottesville to do the same, just as they did last summer in Sacramento, and just as they have elsewhere. Condemning one side alone would essentially have given the other side a pass for its tactics — and a political victory that neither deserved.

"Second, Trump’s critics never applied the same standard to Barack Obama. When five Dallas police officers were murdered in cold blood at a Black Lives Matter protest, Obama did not disavow the movement, nor did the media demand he do so. On the contrary, when he spoke at a memorial service for the police, he actually endorsed the movement and its goals"
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/13/charlottesville-donald-trump-right-condemn-violence-many-sides/

- praises Trump for not criticizing Nazis
- copypastes white supremacist Breitbart, surprising nobody

Why do Nazis love Trump so much? When you have a bunch of disgusting hillbilly Nazis committing violence and murder in your name, usually the sane thing to do is distance yourself from them.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #890 on: August 14, 2017, 01:08:12 PM »

- praises Trump for not criticizing Nazis
- copypastes white supremacist Breitbart, surprising nobody

Why do Nazis love Trump so much? When you have a bunch of disgusting hillbilly Nazis committing violence and murder in your name, usually the sane thing to do is distance yourself from them.

Right.  Also...

David Duke, the former head of the Ku Klux Klan who was the subject of controversy during the 2016 campaign when Trump did not immediately condemn his endorsement, pushed back on this initial tweet. “I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists,” responded Duke, who was in Charlottesville.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/12/charlottesville-protest-trump-condemns-violence-many-sides

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #891 on: August 14, 2017, 02:23:19 PM »
You know what this is? It's like frickin 'Gangs of New York' or two sets of football hooligans from different nations going at each other.

Also, like 'Gangs' the media makes a complete hash of it. Never mind that far-left groups have marched with anti-semitic positions or have instigated violence or are racist against white people, they are being portrayed as the "heroes" and "victims". In case you don't know, the Irish gangs that the film made look like heroes, were the most virulently racist of the bunch and were actually responsible for most of the Draft Riot violence, including the lynching of blacks. But hey, can't have it look like the immigrants are worse than the nativists.

Somehow Trump is responsible for a couple of hundred yahoos showing up to protest something and then a thousand yahoos showing up to beat them up. According to the media this is some sort of mass wave.

I think most Americans are more concerned with preseason and getting their fantasy football team ready. People who are in the world of politics seem to think that everyone is wrapped up in it and gives a shit about it 24-7 and these are dramatic, huge breaking events.

Please, 95% of stuff about Trump is media hype and people's fears taken to a thousand.

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #892 on: August 14, 2017, 03:55:58 PM »
You know what this is? It's like frickin 'Gangs of New York' or two sets of football hooligans from different nations going at each other.

Also, like 'Gangs' the media makes a complete hash of it. Never mind that far-left groups have marched with anti-semitic positions or have instigated violence or are racist against white people, they are being portrayed as the "heroes" and "victims". In case you don't know, the Irish gangs that the film made look like heroes, were the most virulently racist of the bunch and were actually responsible for most of the Draft Riot violence, including the lynching of blacks. But hey, can't have it look like the immigrants are worse than the nativists.

Somehow Trump is responsible for a couple of hundred yahoos showing up to protest something and then a thousand yahoos showing up to beat them up. According to the media this is some sort of mass wave.

I think most Americans are more concerned with preseason and getting their fantasy football team ready. People who are in the world of politics seem to think that everyone is wrapped up in it and gives a shit about it 24-7 and these are dramatic, huge breaking events.

Please, 95% of stuff about Trump is media hype and people's fears taken to a thousand.

Why doesn't Trump criticize Nazis? Because he and you know he'd have no support left if he did.

Online Savant

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #893 on: August 14, 2017, 04:21:11 PM »
Saw a news headline: "Alt The President's Men". If Trump's view were a movie waiting to happen that would be it.

Online Savant

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #894 on: August 14, 2017, 04:27:21 PM »

Offline gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #895 on: August 14, 2017, 04:35:19 PM »

You're wrong on all counts.

I'll just address your last point. Right now, all over the US, concerned citizens are organizing rallies against the hate the marchers in Charlottesville and their like are promulgating, emboldened by a president who they helped elect.

And let's face it, by dismissing it in the way you have, you're enabling them. It's not like anybody got killed, right? Oops!

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #896 on: August 14, 2017, 04:42:03 PM »

You're wrong on all counts.

I'll just address your last point. Right now, all over the US, concerned citizens are organizing rallies against the hate the marchers in Charlottesville and their like are promulgating, emboldened by a president who they helped elect.

And let's face it, by dismissing it in the way you have, you're enabling them. It's not like anybody got killed, right? Oops!

Go easy on him, he has difficulty telling the difference between 30-year-old USB fans and 30-year-old battery fans, so how can he form a coherent argument about the base of Trump's support coming from the alt-right and Trump's subsequent silence damning them.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #897 on: August 14, 2017, 04:49:58 PM »
Why doesn't Trump criticize Nazis? Because he and you know he'd have no support left if he did.

Yes, Trump's entire support is based around the 60 million Americans who happen to be secretly Nazis.

The anti-Trump hysteria is simultaneously enabling everything. The two sides feed off of each other.

Blaming Trump for some nutjob in a car makes about as much sense as blaming Obama for the guy who shot the police in Dallas.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #898 on: August 14, 2017, 04:53:08 PM »
Just wait. I think the truth will eventually come out about who the real Nazis were in Charlottesville. Who intentionally let the violence escalate so that people couldn't exercise their basic rights? The ACLU has been critical of how the situation was handled by the authorities.

Online Savant

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #899 on: August 14, 2017, 04:57:47 PM »

Yes, Trump's entire support is based around the 60 million Americans who happen to be secretly Nazis.

Not all of the GOP base are Nazis but all of the Nazis (secret or otherwise) voted for Trump.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment