February 20, 2017, 09:35:30 AM

Author Topic: neis  (Read 2976 times)

Offline vonnegutjr

• Explorer
neis
« on: December 07, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »
I'm curious-

Are most teachers using the neis program? It is a goverment related computer program to register leaving work early, sick days, and other work related functions.

I'm signed up for this program and I'm having some difficulty with these surveys that keep popping up. I had to evaluate some teachers and myself over the program that is entirely in Korean and difficult for me to navigate. Once into the survey I have no idea what I'm looking at but am expected to just click a bunch of different options. It's not really suiting me well. Anyone able to avoid this type of survey work and neis program or are most people required? I would love to not blindly click away anymore.

Thanks for the input...

Offline Sprite06

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • Waygook Turtle
Re: neis
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 05:34:25 PM »
I use NEIS.

If there is something that you don't understand, I think it's best to ask your co-teacher or English Dept. head. 

Offline Morticae

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 06:54:55 PM »
I have an account. If I'm leaving early or scheduling vacation, a CT will just fill out the forms for me. Otherwise you can just sign a book that's probably on your VP's desk.

Offline confusedsafferinkorea

• The Legend
  • The only thing that is constant in life, is change
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:46:23 PM »
I got my account today (after 3 years here) and my evaluation. I was evaluated by 90 parents and I have zero contact with them, they have not been to one open class this year and they evaluated me on things like preparedness in the class etc.  :o :o

Needless to say I take the whole thing by parents as a meaningless joke.
Everything is not as it seems.

No one owes you anything.... get over it.

NEVER think a failure is the end of the world, it is the beginning of a new opportunity.

There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

Offline vonnegutjr

• Explorer
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 09:45:27 AM »
Great, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately for me translation is not easy to come by at my school. I know there is a book used to sign out but since switching to neis I should not use it. I was really just wondering about these surveys I am taking. It makes me a bit nervous to be blindly clicking out surveys that have my name attached to them. I got one of the teachers to contact someone a bit higher up about the necessity for me to complete surveys. Again thanks for the feedback. If I get an update I'll post again.

Offline paytonkimberly

• Explorer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 04:53:58 PM »
Ok, so I have NEIS, but no friggin clue how to use it... it's all in Korean, even when I hit the "translate" button. Help? haha

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 05:01:52 PM »
Yup it is very much in Korean haha

I use it too. i have to register my travel school as a 'business trip' every week. my co wrote down for me which bits i need to click but its really difficult still.

What exactly is it you need to do on there? Asking your co would be your best bet
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:03:49 PM by Imogen1991 »

Offline nermal

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 05:12:42 PM »
Ok, so I have NEIS, but no friggin clue how to use it... it's all in Korean, even when I hit the "translate" button. Help? haha

If you have the google translate app, you can take pictures of korean words and it'll translate them for you. It's a little easier than typing everything in. The translations aren't always great with google but for simple things it's usually okay.

Offline johnny russian

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 05:16:24 PM »
it's not your job at all to do anything related to NEISS. it's your main co-teacher's job. tell her to do it. she's trying to palm her work and responsibilities off on to you.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:33:00 PM by johnny russian »

Offline jamonamagnet

• Expert Waygook
  • Don't put jam on a magnet.
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 05:21:34 PM »
You could simply do nothing.  I don't use NEIS.  My co-teacher does it for me.  If you do nothing then they'll have to do it for you instead.

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 05:34:00 PM »
*is a mug*

haha
i had no idea. just add that to the list of things my school tells me to do that ain't my job

Offline Paul

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 05:44:02 PM »
I've been told by the school that I'm expected to use it, but they have thus far declined to provide any training in it or point me in the direction of where I could find such training.

As such, I've fallen into Jam's approach by no conscious effort of my own.

It strikes me that there's a discrepency here between what the MOEs and the schools want. It's a shame its not being addressed. It's not like using the system is going to be a huge hassle for me if I'm adequately equipped to use it.
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 01:59:11 AM »
You mean NICE-UHHHHHHH.

If they wanted us to use it, they'd set it up in English. Get your CTs to deal with it, it's their job.

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 12:43:32 PM »
I think most of the people in my province are supposed to use it to register their travel days. I'm not sure about other people but every week on Friday I log in and register the three days I am travelling outside of the town my main school is in. I speak and read enough Korean to navigate it fairly easily with a pocket dictionary but I will say it would be nice to have it remember that every week I travel to the schools they tell me. Neis is used nationally to keep track of all public school teachers. If my co-teacher needs to go on a business trip to another school/the POE she also has to register it.

For foreigner teachers we have to register our travel during the school week because Korea likes to know where we are, for reasons... I haven't got the survey thing yet, though. I also think that if your school sees that you can't really work the Neis well they might do it for you. I have a friend whose Korean is fairly basic and I'm fairly certain his school registers the travel days for him.

At the end of the day, whether a native teacher in a public school is using the system or not someone is register and approving every day you leave the town of your main school during the work week. Every public school teacher has to.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 02:35:02 PM »
Not the biggest fan of Neis but did my tax adjustment stuff today for my public school and it was really easy.  Go to the www.hometax.go.kr website and download your papers in one go.  Then go to nice and the 연말정산 bit where you can attach your hometax pdf, then it inputs all your information.  Go to admin who will print it all out, then you sign and that's it.  Even though I don't pay tax each month, I only have to pay 730 000 won for the year. 

Recent Lesson Plans

Teaching kids Growth Mindset and Empathy by jennakay11
[February 18, 2017, 10:23:49 AM]

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment