August 24, 2017, 12:45:43 AM

Author Topic: The 1 year peoples! Opinions, thoughts?  (Read 1879 times)

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
Re: The 1 year peoples! Opinions, thoughts?
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 02:23:20 PM »
Wow, nice, so much cheaper than other people were making it out to be online. I read one thread where a guy claimed he had to pay something like $1200 in total, and it was for a miniature poodle/terrier mix.
Keep in mind that the price increases for every additional airline you transfer to during your trip. If you fly Korean Air --> China Air --> Delta, then suddenly you'll be paying 600,000 won for your pet ticket.
Book your flight with one carrier, else you'll be paying a hefty stupid-tax:smiley:

Also, if your pet is over 5~5.5kg, then it has to go in the cargo compartment, which is a far more stressful and (probably) costly process.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:51:15 PM by kyndo »

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »
BSc. in Botany and Geography, BSc. Honours in Botany and a teaching degree.

Thanks ~!

@ kyndo: Yeah, makes sense that the price will heavily vary on how well you plan the transfer.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 05:52:14 PM »
Seriously?!?! Is that how cheap it is to fly a small pet? And here that stupid girl wants to pawn off a guinea pig  (or worst yet let it fend for it's in the wild)  :huh: :huh: :huh:  OMG why!??! Seriously next time I hear of a foreigner trying to do that I'm going to give them a piece of my mind!!!

I think she may have been flying off to another country and not going home but still...  :undecided: lack of foresight.

I've seen smaller dogs and even a cat before on airplanes as "carry on luggage." I think these were domestic flights back home but it's been awhile so my memory is fuzzy. Once a pet was crying kinda pitifully even though the owner was trying to reassure it. Far better than a crying baby though. Yikes can those be loud.

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment