August 23, 2017, 10:41:31 PM

Author Topic: What do you have to do to get your pension when you leave?  (Read 2003 times)

Online kyndo

• The Legend
Re: What do you have to do to get your pension when you leave?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 05:06:05 PM »
Won't need a matisse cos my GF is joining me in my new country not very far away from Cebu. Cheeky F++++r
What the heck is a matisse? I mean, aside from a painter whose dabbles should decorate his mom's fridge and nothing else ever...
I have already got my ARC scanned and no I won't give it back when I leave because it is not at the end of its cycle so they will just think I am leaving Korea for a holiday or something.
Insofar as I know, you can't get your pension unless you turn in your ARC. The whole point of a lump-sum pension refund is that you are finished with your employment in Korea. Keeping your ARC indicates that you aren't yet done with the land of mourning qualms.

If you really want to stick it to your hagwon, pull a runner and post scathing reviews of the schools on every relevant website you can think of. Just keep in mind that if you ever show up in Korea again, they'll slap you with a lawsuit so hard that your kids' bank accounts will get nosebleeds.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:09:24 PM by kyndo »

Offline Busan1

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »
Quote from: Busan1 link=top[/quote
What the heck is a matisse? I mean, aside from a painter whose dabbles should decorate his mom's fridge and nothing else ever...
Quote from: Busan1 link=topic=103424.msg679836#.

If you really want to [url=http://i.imgur.com/UGw1mKB.gif
stick it to your hagwon[/url], pull a runner and post scathing reviews of the schools on every relevant website you can think of. Just keep in mind that if you ever show up in Korea again, they'll slap you with a lawsuit so hard that your kids' bank accounts will get nosebleeds.
And they will know I have shown up again in Korea because..............

Offline OnNut81

• Super Waygook
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 05:14:25 PM »
I, for one, have finished camp and am deskwarming until I can enjoy vacation time.  Again, you need to more careful about your plans.  Especially, since you and I are basically in this together now.  This heist, although highly easy to pull off, will be discovered eventually.  And with you going around proclaiming that your new country is going to be near Cebu, the relevant authorities are going to cotton on to the fact that the country closest to Cebu are The Philippines.  I suggest you from here on in say your new country is very, very close to Phuket.  That should keep them off the scent.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 05:16:46 PM »
Why is this fun for you?

Offline orionchocopie

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 05:17:22 PM »
...you will present your passport and submit a photo and fingerprints at the immigration checkpoint when you arrive.

Offline Busan1

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 05:23:44 PM »
...you will present your passport and submit a photo and fingerprints at the immigration checkpoint when you arrive.
Yeh but see silly I was on about the HAKWON knowing I had shown up again not the immigration control silly. He said to put info on websites about this hakwon if I want to get back at them so how is the hakwon going to a) know I have posted stuff about them on a website and b) know I have shown up in Korea again>

You're getting mixed up with trying to get my pension back. If I try and get my pension back the pension office might report me but then what they gonna do if I did it outside of Korea???? I ent committed a crime in Korea have I so there's nout they can do if I show up for either I don't think. Anyway I have decided to not bother trying toget a poxy 600k won back afterall. I will just do some business in Korea while in my new country and make money not for revenge, but because I have got a website now ready to do business in Korea. It just needs translating into Korea.

Offline solveit

• Super Waygook
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2017, 05:30:26 PM »
Hypothetically, if the hagwon took legal action against you after you'd left, for badmouthing them, and you tried to come back into the country, you'd be flagged at immigration. Your ARC, passport and fingerprints are all linked by immigration, so any criminal proceedings against you would also be tied to that information.

The pension thing is a non-starter as your ARC number, which is required to claim it back, identifies you as being not eligible.

Offline thunderlips

• Expert Waygook
  • It's got electrolytes.
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2017, 05:36:21 PM »

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:46:37 PM by thunderlips »
Knowing is half the battle.

www.impeachdonaldtrumpnow.org

Offline Busan1

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2017, 05:41:21 PM »
Hypothetically, if the hagwon took legal action against you after you'd left, for badmouthing them, and you tried to come back into the country, you'd be flagged at immigration. Your ARC, passport and fingerprints are all linked by immigration, so any criminal proceedings against you would also be tied to that information.

The pension thing is a non-starter as your ARC number, which is required to claim it back, identifies you as being not eligible.
Yeh I get the pension thing but hypothetically how can the hakwon take legal action against me for something committed outside of Korean jurisdiction? They wouldn't be able to prosecute me if I turned up again. It's not worth it anyway...He has like 40 students left from 100 in March (before I was there or even in Korea) and so he even told me not to tell the new teachers but he might be going bankrupt is what I think he was saying. Unless he seriously gets more students and at least 20 more students then he won't be able to continue paying teachers and drivers. He's been in business about 8 years though so maybe he has money he's using until student numbers pick up. I'm off to work soon to see about pay.

Offline Busan1

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2017, 09:55:42 PM »
Which office is it to get the lump sum form? Immigration office?

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2017, 10:04:12 PM »

Pension Office.

They check that you meet the requirements, one of which is that you have left, and turned in your ARC.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2017, 10:52:51 AM »

Best GIF use on Waygook in a long time  8)

Offline thunderlips

• Expert Waygook
  • It's got electrolytes.
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2017, 11:20:35 AM »
Busan 1 not sure if you are just trolling but in all seriousness I wouldn't risk trying to submit falsified documents. If you want to hurt the employers post bad reviews about them online, but if you do you shouldn't come back to Korea because defamation is a criminal offense here.

Or you could just move on in your life having learned a lesson about the shady world of hakwons.
Knowing is half the battle.

www.impeachdonaldtrumpnow.org

Offline orionchocopie

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2017, 11:23:12 AM »

Pension Office.

They check that you meet the requirements, one of which is that you have left, and turned in your ARC.

Everything you need is here:
http://english.nps.or.kr/jsppage/english/scheme/scheme_04.jsp

Offline busandar

• Super Waygook
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2017, 03:51:11 PM »

Pension Office.

Is that true? They go so far as to check that you've left the country and turned in your ARC?? I thought it says on their site that they just look at your departing ticket as proof that you're leaving. I believe they word it like that as well.

I really can't see them being so organized or going to any great lengths to ensure a foreigner has left and turned in their card.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2017, 04:06:58 PM »

Pension Office.

Is that true? They go so far as to check that you've left the country and turned in your ARC?? I thought it says on their site that they just look at your departing ticket as proof that you're leaving. I believe they word it like that as well.

I really can't see them being so organized or going to any great lengths to ensure a foreigner has left and turned in their card.

It isn't great lengths to ping a database.

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment