February 24, 2017, 09:06:28 AM

Author Topic: KT Wifi EGG (For Sale)  (Read 280 times)

Offline kimchiguk

• Explorer
KT Wifi EGG (For Sale)
« on: January 07, 2017, 10:32:53 PM »
I've been using this beauty for a little over a year. It's now contract free and ready for a new home. You just need to take it to a KT store and sign up for a contract free pay monthly service.

It's basically a go-anywhere Wi-Fi personal hotspot. Your devices; iPhone, tablet, notebook connect to the Egg and receive the massive 10 Gigabytes of 4G data. I loved having the additional worry free data for watching streaming video on the bus and for connecting my laptop at the office.

It's a really cool device. I loved it. The battery lasts a good full 10 hours ( no false claims), and you can even put it in sleep mode that temporarily suspends the data service to extend battery life even more. I managed to eek out an entire weekend on a camping trip this summer. There is also a spare battery for when this runs out.

There are a few caveats to this device when compared to a traditional LTE service. The 4G data is called Wibro, it is very similar to LTE, but with a few differences. Coverage anywhere in Seoul is awesome but if you take it outside of Seoul into 'the sticks', whereas traditional LTE would still be okay, this is likely to lose signal. Additionally, you should be aware that Wibro signals don't penetrate into basements very well and elevators ,much like LTE, are a no-go. To its merit, the signal reconnects very quickly, literally in a couple of seconds.

Bearing those things in mind: I still think it's an awesome deal, especially when considering the equivalent cost for 10GB of LTE data. I'm trying to be as objective and honest as possible. I really did love this device.

I can send this by post and that's included in the cost of 25,000₩. This egg is super slim and lightweight and you should receive it the very next day.

Feel free to message me with any questions. I'll do my best to answer them.

Recent Lesson Plans

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment