October 21, 2017, 04:05:05 PM

Author Topic: US Spousal Immigration Visa Thread  (Read 119022 times)

Offline slycordinator

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: US Spousal Immigration Visa Thread
« Reply #560 on: September 24, 2017, 09:37:30 AM »
Hello everyone. I was wondering what exactly the packet 3 letter is. Is it the email we received stated they have accepted our i-130 petition? I know it says that I need to bring the letter to the hospital for the health check but I'm just not exactly sure what it is... :-[ :-[ Sorry for the stupid question...
The email will be from SeoulIV@state.gov and the subject will literally be "Packet 3 for [applicant name]"

It'll have links to packet 4 instructions on how to apply to immigrate and the link for making your appointment.

That email is the packet 3.

Offline Cramsy

• Explorer
« Reply #561 on: October 17, 2017, 01:46:28 PM »
Hey guys! few quick questions I'd really love some help with~

- How official do my immunization records need to be when I go to get my health check? I'm Australian and have a generic list of the shots I got, but was wondering if the records need to be from a doctor.
- Income. Obviously, my wife and I currently live and work in Korea, so am I right in assuming that income needs to be US based? So we'll need to use my wife's mum as my sponsor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline country09

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #562 on: October 17, 2017, 02:07:52 PM »
Hey guys! few quick questions I'd really love some help with~

- How official do my immunization records need to be when I go to get my health check? I'm Australian and have a generic list of the shots I got, but was wondering if the records need to be from a doctor.
- Income. Obviously, my wife and I currently live and work in Korea, so am I right in assuming that income needs to be US based? So we'll need to use my wife's mum as my sponsor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

First question I am not sure about. You may need to call one of the hospitals listed and check it out.

Your wife can use her income earned in Korea to meet the threshold. This is of course assuming she earns enough. She will need to show her US tax records so she should get working on that. The tax records took me the most time and were the biggest pain in the butt when dealing with packet 3

Offline Cramsy

• Explorer
« Reply #563 on: October 17, 2017, 03:53:51 PM »
Thanks Country09!

I've seen conflicting reports about the income thing. Some people say that it needs to be US based and others say Korean income is fine/

I'm just confused because why would the US be happy with her income in another country if she's going to return to America without a job?

Offline country09

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #564 on: October 17, 2017, 04:03:04 PM »
My wife got her IR-1 at the beginning of 2017. I used my income to satisfy the requirement. If you are still worried just email or call them and ask them.

I can't answer the reason why they would accept the foreign income earned, sorry. Maybe it has to do with showing that you have maintained a consistent income that theoretically will be the same when you arrive back in the U.S.

Offline Cramsy

• Explorer
« Reply #565 on: October 17, 2017, 05:46:31 PM »
My wife got her IR-1 at the beginning of 2017. I used my income to satisfy the requirement. If you are still worried just email or call them and ask them.

I can't answer the reason why they would accept the foreign income earned, sorry. Maybe it has to do with showing that you have maintained a consistent income that theoretically will be the same when you arrive back in the U.S.

Thanks so much! This should make things 100x easier for us. I'll send an email for more info because it still seems...odd to me. Congrats to you and your wife on making it through this...process haha

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment