December 11, 2017, 11:52:06 AM

Author Topic: Shannon Sharpe on Race in the US and Colin Kaepernick  (Read 26326 times)

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
Re: Shannon Sharpe on Race in the US and Colin Kaepernick
« Reply #400 on: September 29, 2017, 06:57:44 PM »
Moderators should show a little consistency .   I got muted for a play on words of some guys name .   Clearly they are pushing some agenda.   Is dumb not offensive to a protected group ?   What about people with no tongues ?

Lol, complaining to the mods to mute me because you have no evidence of your claims. Precious. If you have any factual, researched evidence on any of your wild claims, I invite you to PM me. But you probably won't because you only peruse sites that will agree with you with no evidence.

Offline jejujohn77

• Veteran

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #402 on: October 10, 2017, 10:57:31 AM »
Moderators should show a little consistency .   I got muted for a play on words of some guys name .   Clearly they are pushing some agenda.   Is dumb not offensive to a protected group ?   What about people with no tongues ?

Lol, complaining to the mods to mute me because you have no evidence of your claims. Precious. If you have any factual, researched evidence on any of your wild claims, I invite you to PM me. But you probably won't because you only peruse sites that will agree with you with no evidence.

So you can grass on Chesters and publish PRIVATE messages to the thread.
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #403 on: October 10, 2017, 11:12:24 AM »
What's the point of taking down the Confederate flag if you're going to disrespect the American flag like that?

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #404 on: October 10, 2017, 11:46:12 AM »

So you can grass on Chesters and publish PRIVATE messages to the thread.

LOL you're so bitter. Calm down, honey.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #405 on: October 10, 2017, 11:47:36 AM »
What's the point of taking down the Confederate flag if you're going to disrespect the American flag like that?

Most veterans don't think this is disrespect. They are not protesting the flag. They are protesting racism. Maybe it's telling that when people protest racism, they think people are protesting America?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #406 on: October 10, 2017, 11:54:51 AM »
If you think that they are protesting veterans/the flag then you're missing the point.

They're protesting police brutality. Whether you agree with them or not, that IS what they are protesting. And it's also about as nonviolent and legitimate a way to protest as you can come up with.

It beats hashtagging something, so it's already better than "Ban Bossy" or "Kony2012". It also is more effective than standing around yelling and holding a sign.

Can you think of a much better way that is also just as effective at getting the message out and the issue raised?

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #407 on: October 10, 2017, 12:17:01 PM »

It's a foolish and deeply offensive way to protest police misconduct if that's all it is about. It's sends the wrong message.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #408 on: October 10, 2017, 12:18:39 PM »

It's a foolish and deeply offensive way to protest police misconduct if that's all it is about. It's sends the wrong message.

Please tell us how to protest it then.

In reality, you're just upset because you're racist, and they're protesting your racists beliefs.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #409 on: October 10, 2017, 12:48:07 PM »

So it is actually possible to protest while showing respect for the American flag. Who would have thought?

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #410 on: October 10, 2017, 12:50:38 PM »

So it is actually possible to protest while showing respect for the American flag. Who would have thought?

Hey look, it's that racist tactic of talking about how peaceful the Civil Rights Movement was when people like you would have hated them.

Online Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #411 on: October 10, 2017, 01:08:27 PM »

Most veterans don't think this is disrespect. They are not protesting the flag. They are protesting racism. Maybe it's telling that when people protest racism, they think people are protesting America?

Hang on there Malcom x.   
People just know that the left hates America. 

Bonzai!

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #412 on: October 10, 2017, 01:14:04 PM »

Hang on there Malcom x.   

Idk. It seems that the people more likely to hate America are the ones trying to take away health insurance for millions, limiting women health care, and trying to ban immigrants.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #413 on: October 10, 2017, 02:52:46 PM »

Were people specifically drawn to the Civil Rights marches because they were holding the flag? I always thought it was because people did sit-ins and strikes and Rosa Parks refusing to give up her seat.

What Kaepernick did was chose a specific tactic to draw attention to his issue. It was one that was nonviolent and consistent with free speech. You may disagree with his take, you may even disapprove of his tactical choice, but he had every right to do it. Many players have said that they aren't protesting veterans or even America as a whole, just police misconduct. I take them at their word.

If you're a Trump supporter, with a candidate who made his name through iconoclasm, you can't get outraged when the other side engages in iconoclasm of their own, especially when it is of the nonverbal, non-aggressive variety.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #414 on: October 10, 2017, 03:08:22 PM »
So, Pence walked out when the anthem was being played? Thatís offensive!

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #415 on: October 10, 2017, 03:15:23 PM »
I don't know what was a bigger waste of money at the game- the 49ers roster or the amount Pence spent on this stunt.

Online gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #416 on: October 11, 2017, 09:16:48 AM »

Hey look, it's that racist tactic of talking about how peaceful the Civil Rights Movement was when people like you would have hated them.
He would have been turning on the water cannon or letting loose the dogs. Or worse if she had enough liquid courage in her.

Online gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #417 on: October 11, 2017, 09:20:11 AM »

Hang on there Malcom x.   
Right, Jimmy Crow. Progress, freedom and equality equal hating America. Racism, discrimination and police brutality equal loving America.

What could possibly be wrong with that?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:23:36 AM by gogators! »

Online gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #418 on: October 11, 2017, 09:27:15 AM »
trumped up continues to go after the NFL, now wrongly tweeting about tax breaks it gets, to fire up his ever-diminishing base which now is supplying the lion's share of GOP contributions (much of which goes to pay trumped up and his family's lawyers).

The big donors have mostly exited. Smart folks.