June 27, 2017, 09:38:57 PM

Author Topic: New Russian missile renders america defenceless  (Read 1421 times)

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
Re: New Russian missile renders america defenceless
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2017, 07:11:35 PM »

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2017, 07:24:45 PM »
Please, stop waking up with Sam Harris.
Don't let it consume you.

My PPT stuff - http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,102847.0.html

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 08:37:11 PM »
It got a Webby award for best podcast in the science and education category. You should give it a listen.

Trump's been disasterous for the country.

Obama closed private prisons; Trump reopened them.

Obama pushed for shorter mandatory minimum drug sentences; Trump appointed an attorney general who made them longer.

Obama fought to protect the environment; Trump, the opposite.

Obama > Trump

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2017, 11:52:26 PM »
maximmm and Aurata, take a look at this:

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=alt_news_sucks

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2017, 02:32:28 AM »
Lol what good is all of this when your country has already been turned into glass?

1) Any nuclear exchange with America (including your fantasy scenario of 400km ranged Zircon missiles somehow striking New York) would result in Russia also being turned into glass. Lest we forget, America still has retaliatory options in its nuclear submarines and not all land-based ICBMs and aircraft would be destroyed in a first-strike.
2) That same report you site also states that the U.S. is ahead of Russia in long-range hypersonic missile technology. So any ABM defenses Russia has would be rendered ineffective.
3) In non-nuclear conflicts, things like utility transport matter a great deal. The logistical capability of the U.S. allows it to quickly deploy large numbers of troops to given location. The old maxim of "It is better to be on hand with 1000 men than absent with 10 thousand" is still true.
4) Logistical capability is massive. America at the height of Cold War put 500,000 men in Asia, 500,000 in Europe and then at the tail end put 500,000 in the Middle East. No one has ever come close to that level of overseas deployment and logistical support. Russia couldn't even fantasize about that level of capability.

I know its hard for you, dr de martino, but ... at some point you have to let go of your ego and be able to accept 2nd place. The future of the planet may depend on it, in fact.

Aurata, my ego does not affect the military capabilities of the United States and Russia, nor does my ego change the numbers and degree of technology.

If you think Russia is in first place militarily, you are delusional. Putin would trade his military for the U.S. military in a heartbeat. If you claimed to Russian generals and think tanks that America is #2, they would laugh you out of the room.

Why don't americans want peace and partnership with Russia?

You'd prefer to destroy the planet rather than accept equality with another country?

This is a different argument. You know my postings on here and I am one of the people who thinks that America and Russia need to work together and the reckless expansion of NATO and U.S. diplomacy under Obama has seriously damaged the Russian relationship when we should be cooperating. I have no problem with Russia becoming stronger military whether its a strong#2, an equal or a #1.

Aurata, it's okay for Russia to have a very strong #2 military and admit that's the case, just as it's okay for America to have a very strong #2 military. You'd be more convincing if you didn't run in here with some article proclaiming how a single system means Russia is the mightiest and America's defenses are useless and that Russia eclipses the U.S. in every single way. It's not true and it makes you not credible.

You could have simply said "New hypersonic missile gives Russia an edge in naval engagements." That's credible. What you chose to write instead is not.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2017, 02:39:46 AM »
Life Improvement, Sam Harris and these youtube videos are not persuasive.

The most persuasive argument I'v heard from someone trying to convince a Republican supporter to go with Hillary is saying that all the evil stuff that's been said about her is true, but she'll be your SOB and knows how to use the system to America's advantage.

"She lies. She cheats. She is in league with globalists."
"That's exactly why I want her as my President. She has dirt on everyone and can get away with murder. She's ready for this."

Now it wasn't persuasive to me, because of my foreign policy views, but the person did have a point and didn't go with the same rehashed talking points that everyone spews. It made them credible because at the very least, they were being real and honest and accepting at least some of what the other side said as having some merit.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2017, 02:45:34 AM »
3) Russia has been on a defense footing to feed its own internal propaganda.

Russia has been on a defensive footing because we've encircled it with NATO, fomented revolution in Ukraine against the Yanukovich (sp?) govt. and meddled in Ukrainian elections, and appointed a Sec. of State in Hillary Clinton that had an almost maniacal obsession with bringing Russia to heel (to the extent that even Obama thought her too extreme and stopped listening to her on the issue).

Russia also faces terrorism, a relationship with China that blows from friendly to cold, a resurging Japan that is making noises about island claims, and strongmen in charge of former Soviet republics that like to raise a ruckus about territorial claims to appease their own citizens and feed their propaganda.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2017, 11:15:00 AM »
Hence the missile shield on their doorstep, which can also launch nuclear warheads that would hit Moscow within 5 minutes.

Lol.
No.
Read up on the tech before you comment garbage like this, comrade.  :smiley:

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2017, 12:36:07 PM »
So let me get this straight, the Zircon, which according to Aurata can hit New York in thirty minutes, can turn America to glass and means they will lose. Meanwhile the U.S. is endangering Russia with a missile system that can reach Moscow in five minutes means, will get smashed by the Russian steamroller.

Okay.

Recent Lesson Plans

Naruto Mystery Scroll Bomb Game by Mister Tim
[Today at 05:37:56 PM]

If A, I will B + Jeopardy by artsl
[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

Phonics Lessons by defco69
[Today at 04:40:53 PM]

APOP or KPOP [TWICE SUMMER SLAM EDITION] by Kaynadian
[Today at 04:08:27 PM]

Grade 1 and 2 lesson structure phonics. by Adobe
[Today at 03:51:14 PM]