October 18, 2017, 04:47:45 PM

Author Topic: Tragedy in Las Vegas  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
Re: Tragedy in Las Vegas
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2017, 03:01:48 PM »
That fact that not all the victims are listed as having died from gunshot wounds does not mean they didn't die from gunshot wounds. That detail might simply have been omitted or the information might not have been available at the time.

And how do you know they were trampled? Could have been heart attack, run over by a car, already puking drunk and ended up ODing. Velociraptored. Lightsabered. There's as much evidence for those as there is your trampling theory (obviously the last three are pretty unlikely, the first two, not improbable).

Here's essentially what you're doing

Sewol Sinking: The Victims

Jung-Min Kim
16 years of age. Kim was from Ansan when she drowned in the sinking. She is remembered for her smile and love of playing the piano.

Joon-ho Lee
Joon-ho Lee, 45, was a big soccer fan and father and was traveling on the ferry on a vacation to Jeju with his wife Mee-Sun.

They didn't say he drowned!!! It must have been North Korean commandos!!!!!!

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2017, 03:05:55 PM »
Exactly, my point, but it CERTAINLY doesn't say they were "shot" as the others clearly state.   A few may well have had a heart attack or other, but the majority died from the stampede, not bullets.
Because it was a mass shooting. It's implied they were shot.
In any event with mass deaths and they do profiles of the victims, they don't detail how each and every person dies. Go look at the same things for the Pulse nighclub or the Bataclan etc.

You are grasping at straws.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2017, 03:06:09 PM »
It was hysteria. There were people trampled. We jumped walls, climbed cars, ran for our lives. Ive never run that hard or been that scared in my whole life.

"the crowd began to stampede and that he grabbed a nearby fence, stretched both arms wide and tried to shield his wife"

"a panicked man plowed into her, face to face, tossing her onto her back.

Litzenberg regained consciousness a few hours later in the trauma unit at University Medical Center of Southern Nevada. She was diagnosed with a severe spinal cord injury that resulted in partial paralysis to her left side, possibly the result of being trampled by the crowd fleeing the gunfire."

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2017, 03:16:05 PM »
Here's essentially what you're doing

Sorry, but that is a terrible example.

It would have worked if you had used an example of the news reporting that the captain had killed the Sewol passengers, then I would have stated that the majority had actually drowned.

Bottom line, the media wants people to believe that bullets killed and injured the majority of the victims, when that is simply NOT the case.

Hopefully, the truth will come out soon.

Not sure why some of you are opposed to honest, accurate reporting...

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2017, 03:17:51 PM »
No one is saying that no one was trampled, just that you can't leap to the conclusion that those that weren't explicitly stated as being shot were therefore trampled to death.

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2017, 03:18:15 PM »
I am sure people were trampled. But I doubt that more than 10 of them died that way. The vast majority of the deaths would have been from being shot. A lot of the injuries are possibly due to the stampede.

Again nothing you have posted, including random quotes that don't mention anyone dying, prove your theory.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »
Eleven or twelve (one family refused to comment) of the 50 some odd victims died from gunshot wounds, according to the link above.

The rest of the victims died by other means...most (no doubt) were crushed.

Again, my point, why do the media outlets have to make it so difficult to find out the facts?

I'm surprised so many here are opposed to accurate reporting.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/las-vegas-shooting-victims-names-latest-list/

According to the above link, it's thirteen (still only around 20% of the deaths were by gunshot, but no word on how to prevent stampedes at future venues).

Pecan, the link you posted is a series of brief eulogies on those who died at the concerts. Of those 58 very brief stories, 15 explicitly state that the victim died of gunshot wounds. The rest don't mention direct cause of death -- although many imply it was from gunshots. Not a single one specifies that the victim died of causes other than gunshot wounds.

Where are you getting this "death-by-trampling" information?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:22:49 PM by kyndo »

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2017, 03:29:03 PM »
I am sure people were trampled. But I doubt that more than 10 of them died that way. The vast majority of the deaths would have been from being shot. A lot of the injuries are possibly due to the stampede.

Again nothing you have posted, including random quotes that don't mention anyone dying, prove your theory.
I don't understand what your "deal" is, but as I clearly stated from the get go, I would like accurate reporting, rather than some crafted "narrative" that merely misleads the masses.

it is incredibly irresponsible and misleading in the way this tragedy has been reported by the major "news" outlets.

50 some "deaths"/"victims", why not clearly state that 18 are from gunshot wounds and 30 some are from being crushed from the stampede?

For whatever reason, you are trying to twist the above as though I was stating a FACT, when I was asking a rhetorical question.

FFS.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2017, 03:32:47 PM »
Some people were trampled in the stampede that followed the attack. The death toll could rise further, police warned.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2017, 03:46:29 PM »
Some people were trampled in the stampede that followed the attack. The death toll could rise further, police warned.
Ah, I see. I'm not sure if they intended to imply that said trampling was a cause of death though. And the rising death toll could just as easily be from those in critical condition succumbing to their wounds.

But I think that this conversation is actually proving your point: while many of the articles imply how the folk attending the concert died, none give specific, concrete information.

I wonder if this is because it's still too early. Might be that they are waiting to release the details for later, after the news industry finishes the sordid process of milking every last drop of emotional response out of the event.  :sad:

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2017, 03:57:16 PM »
Thanks kyndo.

The media outlets are clear when they report the number of guns, but not how people actually died...that isn't just being lazy, but crafting a story, an anti-gun narrative.

Numbers are recorded for a reason.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:04:41 PM by Pecan »

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2017, 03:58:44 PM »

I don't understand what your "deal" is, but as I clearly stated from the get go, I would like accurate reporting, rather than some crafted "narrative" that merely misleads the masses.

it is incredibly irresponsible and misleading in the way this tragedy has been reported by the major "news" outlets.

50 some "deaths"/"victims", why not clearly state that 18 are from gunshot wounds and 30 some are from being crushed from the stampede?

For whatever reason, you are trying to twist the above as though I was stating a FACT, when I was asking a rhetorical question.

FFS.
Then why are you even bringing it up if you have no idea??
Only someone with an axe to grind gets bent out of shape that the media isnt reporting cause of death for every victim of a guy shooting hundreds of rounds out a window at them. Every normal person just assumes that they were shot.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2017, 04:13:02 PM »
Huh?  Bent out of shape?  Nothing could be further from the truth.

This type of "reporting" happens every day.  Certain words, phrases, etc. get a response, as intended.

Note:

zola..trolling me :)

OK.

I hope you have enjoyed it while it lasted.

You are dead to me...move along.

Offline gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2017, 04:25:27 PM »
Thanks kyndo.

The media outlets are clear when they report the number of guns, but not how people actually died...that isn't just being lazy, but crafting a story, an anti-gun narrative.

Numbers are recorded for a reason.

How does reporting that 58 (59) people dies in a gun attack constitute an anti-gun narrative?

The NYTimes:
"It was a wide range of injuries, from gunshots to shrapnel wounds, to trample injuries, to people trying to jump fences."

On the other hand, you are definitely trying, with your "numbers" and claims of death by trampling, for some reason, to create a pro-gun narrative.

Online Piggydee

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2017, 04:29:35 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/friend-vegas-shooter-steven-paddock-describes-him-caring-112604221--abc-news-topstories.html

Now there is this story.  Seriously why would someone who acted as his own boss, (so not a disgruntled worker), had lots of money (so not a poor person trying to rob a bank), and had a girlfriend (not a kiss-less virgin) DO THIS?!?!

I mean we can talk about how the murders were carried out but what about the motive.  Seriously?  Are we doing this for fun? 

And please can we not going into false flag theories.  I mean the only false flag theory is he was paid off by the North Korean government to do it and not about being a member of Antifa and ISIS.  Seriously those are "facts" are false and with no proof.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2017, 04:42:41 PM »
you are definitely trying, with your "numbers" and claims of death by trampling, for some reason, to create a pro-gun narrative.
gg,

I'm simply asking for accurate, responsible journalism.

Did you see the hack job in the KT about "crimes by foreign teachers in Korea on the rise"?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2017, 04:51:08 PM »
The NYTimes:
"It was a wide range of injuries, from gunshots to shrapnel wounds, to trample injuries, to people trying to jump fences."

Imagine "Death by Fence"  :sad:

And if the guy wasn't diving over it and getting impaled but going one leg over at a time and he fell on the post.... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Offline gogators!

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2017, 07:03:37 PM »
you are definitely trying, with your "numbers" and claims of death by trampling, for some reason, to create a pro-gun narrative.
gg,

I'm simply asking for accurate, responsible journalism.

Did you see the hack job in the KT about "crimes by foreign teachers in Korea on the rise"?
I don't read the KT. When I click on links to it posted here and then look at the headlines, it seems to be just sensationalism.

If that is what you truly are asking for, you're going about it in a strange way.

Online Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2017, 01:21:25 PM »
The tragedy of the Titanic

Lose of life - 1503

Terrible.  Of the 2208 people aboard, the law was to only have 962 lifeboats seats available. 

Six iceberg warnings were given, but ignored by the operator who was busier making passenger announcements. 

But....

Charles Joughin was the only person to survive the ice cold Atlantic water...He reportedly had been drinking heavily.

There were many dogs aboard the Titanic. Two of the dogs survived.

Awwwww!

Leonardo DiCaprio died from being frozen.  Kate Winslet however survived. 

Woot!

Wait a sec, what was the original thing again?

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment