November 22, 2017, 11:54:27 AM

Author Topic: Deodorant/antiperspirant  (Read 2621 times)

Offline amgoalng

• Expert Waygook
Re: Deodorant/antiperspirant
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 12:59:22 PM »
I bought them at Skin Food.  They have a fantastic beer scented face wash.

As for price and selection, obviously Korea doesn't have much selection with greater cost, but if you look it won't be too much.

Wuh what?! They never had this back when I regularly used Skinfood about 4 years ago. I am very intrigued about the scent. Does it cleanse well?

I like it.  It doesn't smell exactly like beer.  However, I think it is the closest you will get besides actually washing your face with beer.

http://eng.theskinfood.com/goods/goodsList.do?catCd=4000000068

Offline katsuya245126

• Adventurer
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 05:57:25 PM »
I tried to go shopping for stick type deodorants but I've only found spray type and the unisex girly type of stick deodorants

I'm thinking of ordering some from Gmart now

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 07:42:19 AM »
I did see that iherb is also selling some ~natural~ brands of deodorant but have never heard of them so am skeptical to buy them.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 07:54:02 AM »
Yeah, I don't try any of the Korean brands because I don't trust them -- doubt they're really made for western armpits. And I've had friends say that the Nivea here is rather weak but good for short-term use... so I guess it's good to keep one on you in case it wears down?

I brought over a bunch of Secret deodorant from home and I only go through something like 2 of them in a year, so I'll be set for a while. I have recently seen some Secret deodorant being sold in Homeplus, though. They keep it with the other deo, but on the bottom shelves. In one Homeplus I saw it in the same aisle but further down from the other deo... still on the bottom shelves, though.

Offline Nokcha

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 11:15:51 AM »
My mom actually sent me a Costco pack of deodorant, so I haven't had to worry about it for a while, haha. But I do know that before that, I tried one of the Korean spray types and it was awful. I don't remember the brand, but it said 48 hour pearl on it. I just got it at Emart.

Yeah. I buy a bunch at Target when I go back to the states.

Offline Summer

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2017, 06:37:38 PM »
Does anyone know where to get antiperspirant? NOT deodorant?
Did you know that eco-friendly can be budget-friendly?

Use my gift code NOQ158 to get $10 off $40 or more; or take $5 orders totaling less than $40.

Choose from 35,000+ healthy and "green" products (grocery items, beauty and cosmetics, and more). Visit iHerb.com today!

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 07:19:29 PM »
Gmarket. Yesterday I was in my local GS25 and I noticed they had the Nivea antiperspirant as well as Japanese deodorant.

Offline EditHero

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 07:20:13 PM »
The Nivea at olive young is antiperspirant. My brand from back home actually was discontinued and i switched to that. If its super super hot out I still sweat a little bit, but I did back home too, and I don't get stinky... so I like it

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2017, 07:51:31 AM »
Look on the first page of this thread, but G market sells the 48 hour Dry Impact Nivea antiperspirant and deodorant. Works great. But get the solid variety, not the liquid roll on. I've tried both and the solid is better.  I've only used the men's variety, but the women's should have the same ingredients albeit a lighter smell.

Offline Summer

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »
Would it be safe to say that all Nivea products listed as 'deodorant' are also anti-antiperspirants? The one listed on the first page of this thread is listed as deodorant. On Olive Young's site, the names are listed as deodorant and the packaging doesn't say deodorant and or antiperspirant.

I want antiperspirant to stop sweating.

I prefer stick, so it's all good with me! ;D
Did you know that eco-friendly can be budget-friendly?

Use my gift code NOQ158 to get $10 off $40 or more; or take $5 orders totaling less than $40.

Choose from 35,000+ healthy and "green" products (grocery items, beauty and cosmetics, and more). Visit iHerb.com today!

Offline apancoe

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2017, 07:10:11 AM »
i used to have my parents send me a bunch once or twice a year, but i found the international marts up in itaewon sell western brands so i just grab them from there nowadays. i think i tried looking on gmarket awhile ago and it was crazy expensive.

pecan - i rep old spice (invisible solid) fresh scent. fight me
too many blueprints & not enough architects

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2017, 07:34:24 AM »
The only antiperspirants I've seen here come with those armpit-hair-ripping ballpoint roll-on surfaces. (*Ouch!*)

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2017, 08:50:08 AM »
Would it be safe to say that all Nivea products listed as 'deodorant' are also anti-antiperspirants? The one listed on the first page of this thread is listed as deodorant. On Olive Young's site, the names are listed as deodorant and the packaging doesn't say deodorant and or antiperspirant.

I want antiperspirant to stop sweating.

I prefer stick, so it's all good with me! ;D

The dry impact 48 hour is for sure antiperspirant and deodorant.

I think the 'cool kick' is too, but it doesn't work as well.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2017, 11:06:56 AM »

Offline BTyrant

• Adventurer
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2017, 11:11:22 AM »
I make my own deodorant with coconut oil and baking soda. If you add corn starch it can also be antiperspirant. So you know. If any of the other options don't work for you, or you have an allergy like I do.

Offline SnackySnack

• Veteran
  • What do I love more than snacks?. . .More snacks^^
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2017, 01:56:30 PM »
I just got Certain Dri Everyday Strength Clinical antiperspirant/deodorant with
my Amazon delivery yesterday...so far so good. You put it on before bed and in the morning too if you want.

PS. Uriage deodorant is pretty good for the winter/spring months. Found it at Costco a few months ago and saw it at Watson's a couple weeks ago. It was perfect for me until the summer hit.
Save 5% off your next iherb order! (New and returning customers^^) https://iherb.co/2pwkd6cb

Offline scottwalsh93

• Waygookin
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 03:22:23 PM »
If you're ever in Seoul, What The Book also sells international deodorant.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 03:31:04 PM »
If you're ever in Seoul, What The Book also sells international deodorant.

It still kind of blows my mind that What The Book is still in business.